PDA

View Full Version : Bartix total war?

Abokasee
06-27-2005, 15:52
WHO LIKE A BARTIX TOTAL WAR MOD EH? (units in count down to open beta bartix) we dont realy have to worry about unit icons we just the pic in there and no good looks ethier all stick men and stuff like that....WHOS IN?!! ~:) ~;) ~:confused: ~:cool: :dizzy2:

Chilly5
06-27-2005, 16:35
count me in! this is perfect! a fantasy mod that has all the humor! we can get a few modelers and all the units will be stickfigures! it can be like stick figure-totalwar! this is great!

King of Atlantis
06-27-2005, 19:55
IS it possible to make stick figures?

Great idead though

Mongoose
06-27-2005, 20:38
I'll do the in-game text. :charge:

You should base it off the mundus magnus map, since bartix is very far east of the vanilla map.

Bwian
06-27-2005, 21:58
I have absolutely no idea what Bartix is.... but stick men ARE possible

Chilly5
06-27-2005, 22:00
yes, i believe stick figures are most possible, model a cilinder (sp?) stick, give it stick arms and legs, and a sphere for a head and give it some sortof wepon. i can skin the sticks to be black.

but we need a modeler, this is easy, even a bad modeler is possible. however, i dont think that we should make it on vanilla or vanilla+mundus magnus, ur idea was originally posted at the EB forum right? prehaps we should start this once EB comes out? it can be a form of expansion mod and we can replace bactria or something.

King of Atlantis
06-27-2005, 22:21

You dont know what Bartix is, you really need to get out less....

Check it out in the eb subforum

Spacemonk
06-28-2005, 00:01
best idea ever!!!! :D
I'm sure the batrix mod wil get the first price for originality and funnyness ~;) ~;) ~;)

Afro Thunder
06-28-2005, 03:50

You have not lived until you have had a good look at the Bartix thread.

Mongoose
06-28-2005, 03:55
Then take a look EB beta count down bartix thread... ~:cheers:

Make sure you read the first bartix thread first. :book:

Bwian
06-28-2005, 15:36
I saw the thread ...I read the words .... I still don't understand ~D

But what the hell ... the drawings were funny!

Mongoose
06-28-2005, 15:42
No, you have to read the first bartix thread first! :book:

They are like books in a series, you have to read them in a certain order.

Chilly5
06-28-2005, 16:46
this was once a joke, it is soon becomeing legend! why, if we ever really do make this, it may be as popular as EB even! ~:cheers: so heers to bartix, and pray for a early release of EB and a modeler that can make stick figures!

Evil_Maniac From Mars
06-28-2005, 16:52
:bow: ~D :bow:

Dutch_guy
06-28-2005, 19:28
I saw the thread ...I read the words .... I still don't understand ~D

That happens to the best of us ~D

:balloon2:

Chilly5
06-28-2005, 20:00
darn, its too bad that i didnt read all of the guild's bartix's thread, the tw center one was enough for me to understand. the guild's thread is too long, even for a lazy bartix lover like me.

ok, so wat were the units?
150 foot pikemen
cow cavalry
little men that can jump
horses that can fly
moony men, i think that was a rival faction . . .
wat else?
~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball: ~:handball:

Chilly5
06-28-2005, 20:31
ok, i got a friend to make a model of a stick figure, itll take a day or two, we can get this thing rolling. but u may need to re-brainstorm some things, make it rtw engine acceptable. ie, we cant have fire breathers (we will need a animtor) we cant have 150 foot long pikes, we cant have 57 foo (u said foo) long javilens, and no flying cavalry . . . ..

King of Atlantis
06-29-2005, 03:53
not moony men, URanus....

Chilly5
06-29-2005, 04:12
there were moony men and cow cavalry at the twcener bartix disscussion . . .

King of Atlantis
06-29-2005, 04:16
but, the rival faction is Uranus ~;)

at least from the org thread..

Chilly5
06-29-2005, 16:52
at the twcenter disscussion, the mooney men were early invaders and fought against the bartix-ians for control of bartix, they had gaul-bladders and other monstrocities, but somehow bartix won.

The_Ferret
06-29-2005, 18:47
I thought I already posted :p

Well anyway- not a lot I can do here but you have my support ;)

Viking
06-29-2005, 19:45
not moony men, URanus....

Note: UrANUS :book: ~D ~:cheers:

I think the main menu song should be the Ranika song, Bartix` national song :yes:

King of Atlantis
06-29-2005, 20:23
oh yea , i couldnt remember which letters were capitalized ~:)

The original thread, what does bartix and the faction that replaces armenia go then?, needs to be sticked again as most people have not read That one.

Chilly5
06-29-2005, 20:40
bartix was originally a spelling mistake of bactria when the very god of smilies himself-Abokasee was asking weather or not armenia was gona be replaced by bactria right? so then bactria should be replaced by bartix.
1. because they sound too alike
2. because of the original error
3. because they are very close on mundus magnus
4. because i said so
5. Abokasee?! ARE U EVEN READING THIS?!
6. IS ANYONE READING THIS?! AHHH!
7. because i said so
so lets all work together and make bartix work, ~:grouphug: are u with me?! Abokasee? are u even caring about ur soon-to-be-legend mod? :help: anyone?! :help: screw u! :furious3:

King of Atlantis
06-29-2005, 21:40
:hide:

Abokasee
07-02-2005, 09:26
at the twcenter disscussion, the mooney men were early invaders and fought against the bartix-ians for control of bartix, they had gaul-bladders and other monstrocities, but somehow bartix won.

they won because they evoled to be sticks so the laser keeped missing them and they were scraed of abokasix samurix

Abokasee
07-02-2005, 10:24
bartix was originally a spelling mistake of bactria when the very god of smilies himself-Abokasee was asking weather or not armenia was gona be replaced by bactria right? so then bactria should be replaced by bartix.
1. because they sound too alike
2. because of the original error
3. because they are very close on mundus magnus
4. because i said so
5. Abokasee?! ARE U EVEN READING THIS?!
6. IS ANYONE READING THIS?! AHHH!
7. because i said so
so lets all work together and make bartix work, ~:grouphug: are u with me?! Abokasee? are u even caring about ur soon-to-be-legend mod? :help: anyone?! :help: screw u! :furious3:

DO YOU KNOW A MODELING PROGRAM? ~:confused: ~:eek:

Radier
07-02-2005, 10:43
I have heard rumors from several anonymous users which say you have a Bartix general ready... News from the Bartix front are spreading fast and uncontrollable in the org:s darkest corners.... Beware, the Bartix shall rise to it´s former glory.

~:cheers:

Abokasee
07-02-2005, 10:54
I have heard rumors from several anonymous users which say you have a Bartix general ready... News from the Bartix front are spreading fast and uncontrollable in the org:s darkest corners.... Beware, the Bartix shall rise to it´s former glory.

~:cheers:
yes that is true he looks like very small, chubby and fat boy..you can find it (or him) in the bartix thread!

Chilly5
07-03-2005, 02:56
DO YOU KNOW A MODELING PROGRAM? ~:confused: ~:eek:
huh? did i say i did? but i do have a friend that is hopefully making a model of a stick figure . . . . and are the skins all gona be black? (and white) ~:confused:

Mongoose
07-03-2005, 03:37
I can't really help you with the modding, but i can give you the unit list. i might be able to do the in-game text, though.

succerix heavy infantrix

They carry very long spears. they scare camels because they eat them.

Phandopix plagahix

Light version of the succerix heavy infantrix. They can run very fast, but not as fast as cavalry.

agemix plaghanix

They are like the succerix heavy infantrix but they use longer spears.

Bartix litix cavix

They are slower then infantry. They have a 63 defense rating, even though the don't have any armour.

katapraktix

Heany cavalry. Stick figure version of normal heavy cavalry.

Bartix battle ninja
These guys are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet. They are mammals and the filp out and kill people. A ninja once kiled a kid just because he opened a window. When they are not flipping out and kiling people, they are usually busy flying.

Stealth unit. Very hardy.

Peltastix

They throw giant darts. They run faster then cavalry.

Kataprktix II

Bright pink. They cause insta-routs.

Bartix history

The bartixains came from urANUS. They settled in an area around bactrika and then moved south. Later, they built a city on an island the middle of the red sea.

Bartix shrines

Ranix

The god of a**holes and sh*ging objects.

abokasix

The god of confusin. He invented the often over used symbols found in bartixain books.

just afew suggestions. :book:

BTW, i suggest that you ignore anything from the TWC thread. They saw my update before reading the first bartix thread. They are not true bartixoligists :wink:

Ianofsmeg16
07-03-2005, 12:47
hey...the kingdom of smeg could be included in your mod....it helped bartix with some ethnic cleansing, when the frogs grew to powerful

The_Mark
07-03-2005, 13:40
Or were the (evil-not-a-)frogs the ones that came from urANUS?

Ianofsmeg16
07-03-2005, 22:11
The Kingdom Of Smeg ...next to Bartix

The Kingdom of Smeg is an ancient kingdom whos roots go far back into the mists of time. The Original Settlers of the five provinces of Smeg (Smeg, Lister, Rimmer, Cat and Kryten) migrated from the Isle of Man where they were pushed out by the men from urANUS and their dispicable no-tailed cat allies, they eventually settled just across the arabian sea from Bartix where the present day city of Karachi now stands. The Smegheads are staunch allies to bartix in the fight agains urANUS and the not-a-frog thingies.

Units

Militia Smegheads
These lightly armoured spearmen are the farmers, laberours and slaves that are pressed into service by the great King Ian of Smeg XVI (which is 16 to all of you), they have a leather breastplate, a large round hoplon and a 6ft long spear. Good vs. Cavalry. Poor Morale

Regular Smegheads
Heavy Infantry tought in they ways of old Manx Traditions of stand there and wait for the enemy to come, commonly called the cowards way out, has made these men into Disciplined, superbly fit heavy infantry capable of holding a line for longer than nescesary, they still will be no match for the urANIAN shock infantry in a one-on-one fight. Disciplined. Heavily Armoured. Excellent vs. Cavalry. Good Morale

Early Smeg Legions
These men are finally a match for urANIAN heavies, the finest blacksmiths of Smeg have been flogged into making the superb armour that these almost faceless men wear. Drilled into neat lines and told to pile forward throught anything infront of them, they accomplish this task very well. Armed with short spears with an bronze breastplate and Bartixian Logorix Segmentix they can hadle almost everything, except perhaps death rays, or tanks. Can form Phalanx. Disciplined. Heavily armoured. excellent Morale. Javelins thrown before charge.

Late Smeg legions
The later Smeg legions have done away with the spear and Logorix Segmentix for a more practical and harder golden Scale armour, they also fight with the short smeg stabbing sword and two javelins are thrown before crashing into the enemy. Drilled into neat lines and told to pile forward throught anything infront of them, they accomplish this task very well. Disciplined. Heavily Armoured. Excellent Morale. Javelins thrown before charge.

Javilineers
Well, they name says it all really, they throw javelins at people in the vain hope that they might do damage. Not as powerful and The bazookoidists and cyborgs yet, they are a good basic unit to start off with. Can hide in long grass. Bonus vs. Phalanxes

Holograms
Excellent Skirmishers, these men are trained from birth...no..death to fight in the front ranks of the battle line and pepper the enemy with soft bazookoid fire. They are lightly armored as they cannot actually die. Can hide anywhere. Awesomly armoured(to signify not being able to die). Bonus vs. archers

Cyborg Bazookoiders
Ah! The bazookoid, man's way of telling you to die, the men behind these machines wil destroy you. permanantly. Cyborgs are merciless men who's only pleasure is to watch a man die infront of him, and maybe take a keepsake or three. Hardy. May Charge without orders, ALOT. Bonus vs. infantry

Religious Buildings

Temple of Kryten
10% bonus to order due to law
+1 bonus to diplomatic skills
Kryten, one of the founders Of the Isle of Man kingdom, before the migration, he is one promoted to peace keeping in fact, he died while trying to negotiate with the no-tailed cats, while they were biting his head of and eating his circuits. lovely.

Temple of Rimmer
5% bonus to order
+1 Attack to Holograms
The followers of Rimmer are a cowardly bunch, yet they try and support war because of their fellow Holograms involved. This means that the smiths of Rimmer give the best bazookoids to the holograms.

Temple of Lister
10% bonus to order
+1 attack to light, heavy and missile troops
Lister was the leader of the great gods, when they were on the isle of man, he was a man who knew when to fight, and when to run away to a new land because horrible cats were killing everybody

Temple of Cat
5% bonus to order
0.5% population growth
The God Cat is a god of fertility, due to his cat like sex life. The followers of Cat suffered before the great migration due to anti-felineism, hardly their fault but a cat is a cat (and this cat had no tail, which was worse). Still, some survived and the religion was revived again under Ian XVI's father Andrew I.

Temple of the Cockens
5%bonus to order
0.5% pop. growth
abel to recruit Cocken infantry
The cockens are a monotheistic Chickens that are feared for their warriors, they are pariculaly good at infantry fighting. This is a small religion for the Smeg world, shunned by society, they worship their chicken gods in swamps and derelict villages in the middle of nowhere

EDIT: i added in the new descriptions but i'm still waiting for an answer wether Smeg should be a faction, fingers crossed, all i need is some ideas from you guys for Cavalry. ~:cheers:

will edit post tomorrow to add the new units in...Long live smeg and Bartix :charge: :charge: :duel:

Mongoose
07-04-2005, 00:47
Two new factions might be take too much time.
how about just giving bartix smeg units?

Chilly5
07-04-2005, 03:41
if its one faction invasion mod for EB, then the island should also have rebel mooney men, with gaul bladders and etc . . . a simple reminder of TWC . . . and also, it seems as though bartix will be very hard to make, it crosses far to many hard-coded rtw boundries, sure we can let our immagination run wild but try to stay in the hard-coded boundries, so we cant really have flying units, and wat happened to the fire-breathing infantry men? ~:confused:

Ianofsmeg16
07-04-2005, 17:03
Bartix could have the Smeg provinces I mentioned and in those provinces they can only recruit smeg units...it can be done, i cant remember where but i saw it somewhere...
or we could have a smeg faction, your choice

Abokasee
07-04-2005, 18:32
smeg idea in!

NOTE ALL PEOPLE WILL LOOK LIKE STICK MEN UNLESS THEY SAY THERE NOT!

other factions those humans from element total war (not like stick men)

uranus aleins (do not look like sticks)

ANCEINT FBI + KBG ETC (NOT LIKE STICK MEN)

Romans

Greeks

india

hobo allience (rebels of all kinds but smarter and make units!)

Abokasee
07-04-2005, 18:43
first level of bartixican barrack see image here (https://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5084/bartixbarracks12fl.jpg) !

Ianofsmeg16
07-04-2005, 21:45
smeg idea in!

NOTE ALL PEOPLE WILL LOOK LIKE STICK MEN UNLESS THEY SAY THERE NOT!

other factions those humans from element total war (not like stick men)

uranus aleins (do not look like sticks)

ANCEINT FBI + KBG ETC (NOT LIKE STICK MEN)

Romans

Greeks

india

hobo allience (rebels of all kinds but smarter and make units!)

Is it a smeg faction or the unit thing...cos smeg units arent stick men, i try and draw them if you wish....
smeg. EDIT: BTW i can help with Faction lists and campaign provinces names/town names editing...also i can edit faction/unit names...glad to be of help...as long as The Kingdom of Smeg is in the mod somehow

Ianofsmeg16
07-08-2005, 08:26
is it dead?

Chilly5
07-09-2005, 01:09
no . . . . i'm not sure it has started yet . .. and i cant contact the modeler as i'm in canada (i'm american, USA y'know? so i'm visiting canada)

Trajen the 1st
07-09-2005, 01:26
The Kingdom Of Smeg ...next to Bartix

The Kingdom of Smeg is an ancient kingdom whos roots go far back into the mists of time. The Original Settlers of the five provinces of Smeg (Smeg, Lister, Rimmer, Cat and Kryten) migrated from the Isle of Man where they were pushed out by the men from urANUS and their dispicable no-tailed cat allies, they eventually settled just across the arabian sea from Bartix where the present day city of Karachi now stands. The Smegheads are staunch allies to bartix in the fight agains urANUS and the not-a-frog thingies.

Units

Militia Smegheads
These lightly armoured spearmen are the farmers, laberours and slaves that are pressed into service by the great King Ian of Smeg XVI (which is 16 to all of you), they have a leather breastplate, a large round hoplon and a 6ft long spear. Good vs. Cavalry. Poor Morale

Regular Smegheads
Heavy Infantry tought in they ways of old Manx Traditions of stand there and wait for the enemy to come, commonly called the cowards way out, has made these men into Disciplined, superbly fit heavy infantry capable of holding a line for longer than nescesary, they still will be no match for the urANIAN shock infantry in a one-on-one fight. Disciplined. Heavily Armoured. Excellent vs. Cavalry. Good Morale

Early Smeg Legions
These men are finally a match for urANIAN heavies, the finest blacksmiths of Smeg have been flogged into making the superb armour that these almost faceless men wear. Drilled into neat lines and told to pile forward throught anything infront of them, they accomplish this task very well. Armed with short spears with an bronze breastplate and Bartixian Logorix Segmentix they can hadle almost everything, except perhaps death rays, or tanks. Can form Phalanx. Disciplined. Heavily armoured. excellent Morale. Javelins thrown before charge.

Late Smeg legions
The later Smeg legions have done away with the spear and Logorix Segmentix for a more practical and harder golden Scale armour, they also fight with the short smeg stabbing sword and two javelins are thrown before crashing into the enemy. Drilled into neat lines and told to pile forward throught anything infront of them, they accomplish this task very well. Disciplined. Heavily Armoured. Excellent Morale. Javelins thrown before charge.

Javilineers
Well, they name says it all really, they throw javelins at people in the vain hope that they might do damage. Not as powerful and The bazookoidists and cyborgs yet, they are a good basic unit to start off with. Can hide in long grass. Bonus vs. Phalanxes

Holograms
Excellent Skirmishers, these men are trained from birth...no..death to fight in the front ranks of the battle line and pepper the enemy with soft bazookoid fire. They are lightly armored as they cannot actually die. Can hide anywhere. Awesomly armoured(to signify not being able to die). Bonus vs. archers

Cyborg Bazookoiders
Ah! The bazookoid, man's way of telling you to die, the men behind these machines wil destroy you. permanantly. Cyborgs are merciless men who's only pleasure is to watch a man die infront of him, and maybe take a keepsake or three. Hardy. May Charge without orders, ALOT. Bonus vs. infantry

Religious Buildings

Temple of Kryten
10% bonus to order due to law
+1 bonus to diplomatic skills
Kryten, one of the founders Of the Isle of Man kingdom, before the migration, he is one promoted to peace keeping in fact, he died while trying to negotiate with the no-tailed cats, while they were biting his head of and eating his circuits. lovely.

Temple of Rimmer
5% bonus to order
+1 Attack to Holograms
The followers of Rimmer are a cowardly bunch, yet they try and support war because of their fellow Holograms involved. This means that the smiths of Rimmer give the best bazookoids to the holograms.

Temple of Lister
10% bonus to order
+1 attack to light, heavy and missile troops
Lister was the leader of the great gods, when they were on the isle of man, he was a man who knew when to fight, and when to run away to a new land because horrible cats were killing everybody

Temple of Cat
5% bonus to order
0.5% population growth
The God Cat is a god of fertility, due to his cat like sex life. The followers of Cat suffered before the great migration due to anti-felineism, hardly their fault but a cat is a cat (and this cat had no tail, which was worse). Still, some survived and the religion was revived again under Ian XVI's father Andrew I.

EDIT: i added in the new descriptions but i'm still waiting for an answer wether Smeg should be a faction, fingers crossed, all i need is some ideas from you guys for Cavalry. ~:cheers:

will edit post tomorrow to add the new units in...Long live smeg and Bartix :charge: :charge: :duel:

Say arent those chars from Red Dwarf? ~:confused: EDIT:dont forget about the Cockens the monotheistic chicken worshiping guys. ~;)

Ianofsmeg16
07-09-2005, 09:40
Say arent those chars from Red Dwarf? ~:confused: EDIT:dont forget about the Cockens the monotheistic chicken worshiping guys. ~;)
Yeah, thats where the whole smeg thing comes from.....hmmm i'll add the cockens in...

wlesmana
07-09-2005, 17:17
I don't know what Bartix is and never read the thread.
But stickmen are funny.

https://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8599/stickman8ev.th.jpg (https://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stickman8ev.jpg)

Abokasee
07-13-2005, 07:11
But stickmen are funny.

https://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8599/stickman8ev.th.jpg (https://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stickman8ev.jpg)

hix wlesmaix...spix ix tix innix paix ix tix heix neix ix ix whiix(hey wlesmana.....spot on the inner part of the head needs to be white ~D )

any it will do plz import in a private message were can download or member of the team (any if you are a member of the team write ME :balloon2: ME)
just checking if ur in..ok? ~D

Ianofsmeg16
07-13-2005, 08:03
so this aint dead? cool!

Chilly5
07-13-2005, 14:04
yahoo! we have a first model .. . now i can call off the modeler contact before he starts! (he probally forgot. . . ) :charge:

Trajen the 1st
07-13-2005, 15:06
yahoo! we have a first model .. . now i can call off the modeler contact before he starts! (he probally forgot. . . ) :charge:
I bet you cant do the Cocken infantry. ~;)

Viking
07-13-2005, 16:28
But stickmen are funny.

Wow, impressive. I didn`t even know such skins was possible to make.

I really think there should come a real mod out of this, it would be quite popular I think.

wlesmana
07-13-2005, 16:48
Whoa whoa, hold on there, guys. I just did that model because I thought it'd be funny to see in-game. I got my own mod and Fourth Age Total War to worry about first. But if anyone want the model, I'll just upload it somewhere in a bit.

Btw, if the head is white, it would shine like a Philips lightbulb. And you'd have to deal with the UVW, which I didn't. The texture is just solid black.

EDIT:
Here's the model
RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE (http://badmojo.studiocyen.net/stuff/zunit_stickman.CAS)
Texture:
RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE (http://badmojo.studiocyen.net/stuff/zunit_stickman.dds)
it's just a solid black skin though.

Chilly5
07-13-2005, 23:42
wait . . . .you joined 4th age?! oh, man your mod alone could even rival up to 4thage, then again, this isnt old news. and wats a cocken infantry? i cant model . .. . also, i think that the stick figures shouldnt have a white center, but a alpha-channeled center, the head should be done like the low-quality bushes, its like one sheet of paper, but when you rotate your screen, the thing rotates with you, so that way we can have 3-D heads that are alpha channeled . . .. but the UV may be difficult . . .

Trajen the 1st
07-14-2005, 01:00
wait . . . .you joined 4th age?! oh, man your mod alone could even rival up to 4thage, then again, this isnt old news. and wats a cocken infantry? i cant model . .. . also, i think that the stick figures shouldnt have a white center, but a alpha-channeled center, the head should be done like the low-quality bushes, its like one sheet of paper, but when you rotate your screen, the thing rotates with you, so that way we can have 3-D heads that are alpha channeled . . .. but the UV may be difficult . . .
Read my first post in the topic.(sigh, its a shame the TWcenter topic got completely eradicated by the mods it was a goldmine for Bartix ideas. They could'ive atleast put it in the gravyard)

Abokasee
07-17-2005, 20:27
one proplem...how do you add the model to the texture? ~:confused:

wlesmana
07-18-2005, 14:56
Drop the .CAS file into Data/models_unit

Drop the .DDS file into Data/models_unit/Textures

Add this entry in desc_model_battle.txt
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
type stickman
skeleton fs_fast_swordsman
indiv_range 40
texture data/models_unit/textures/zunit_stickman.tga
model_flexi data/models_unit/zunit_stickman.cas, 15
model_flexi data/models_unit/zunit_stickman.cas, 30
model_flexi data/models_unit/zunit_stickman.cas, 40
model_flexi data/models_unit/zunit_stickman.cas, max
model_sprite 60.0, data/sprites/romans_julii_roman_principes_sprite1.spr
model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Add this entry in export_desc_unit.txt
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
type stickman
dictionary stickman ; Stickman
category infantry
class light
voice_type Light_1
soldier stickman, 60, 0, 1.0
attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_sap, very_hardy
formation 1.2, 1.3, 2.4, 2.4, 6, square
stat_health 1, 0
stat_pri 12, 8, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, slashing, sword, 25 ,1
stat_pri_attr no
stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, no, no, none, 25 ,1
stat_sec_attr no
stat_pri_armour 5, 7, 0, flesh
stat_sec_armour 0, 2, flesh
stat_heat 4
stat_ground 0, 0, 0, 0
stat_mental 12, disciplined, trained
stat_charge_dist 30
stat_fire_delay 0
stat_food 60, 300
stat_cost 1, 100, 210, 70, 100, 10
ownership romans
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Add this entry in export_desc_unit_enums.txt
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
stickman
stickman_descr
stickman_descr_short
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

pezhetairoi
07-20-2005, 01:52
I loaded it, I tried it, I collapsed laughing. XD XD XD Bartix is...more real than RTW, i think, now...

Chilly5
07-20-2005, 03:09
should have made it invincible... ~:cheers:

pezhetairoi
07-20-2005, 04:09
no need, 20 HP will do...

King of Atlantis
07-20-2005, 04:11
no need, 20 HP will do...

it has to be tough to face the uranus death ray.

Somebody should put this unit with the standard bearer fat kid..

pezhetairoi
07-21-2005, 01:35
well... up the defence? The baby kid should be our bartixian general and icon of abokasix incarnate...

Chilly5
07-21-2005, 01:42
the fat boy should be a replacement of the oliphaunt and can send people flying in the air with body slams ~;)

the general should be some stickman that looks like abo-watever, the creator of the mod. somehow.... :charge:

pezhetairoi
07-21-2005, 08:44
oooh, that's one lethal fatboy... maybe he should have the spring ability? He could jump really high and come crashing down like an onager shot.

King of Atlantis
07-21-2005, 08:55
maybe he could throw food! Im sure hoggy coud manage. ~:)

Viking
07-21-2005, 17:14
Somebody should put this unit with the standard bearer fat kid..

I would if I only had it`s files.

And if anyone know a FREE modelling program I am sure I could produce some Bartix units myself ~:)

Chilly5
07-21-2005, 18:28
google gmax, that's a free modeling program, it's like 3ds only weaker. and you will have to have a friend that has 3ds so that you can give it to him (/her) to export CAS files, gmax can import CAS files but cant export CAS. :book:

Viking
07-21-2005, 20:39
Thanks Chilly, I`ll check it out. ~:cheers:

In true EB style have I replaced Numidia with Bartix. The scripting is going fine, but I have some graphical problems:
How do I prevent the black area outside the icon from being visible on the loading screen?
http://premium1.uploadit.org/DuxCorvan//bartix.jpg
(credits to Dux Corvanus for making the icon)

I tried finding out what it was that was so special with those icons that followed the game, but I failed.

Thanks in advance.

Laridus Konivaich
07-21-2005, 21:12
@Viking: you need to add an alpha channel to the symbol to make the black area not show up. The easiest way to get the effect that you want would be to copy and existing icon, and then simply paste your new icon over it, after renaming to the right faction, symbol128_nuidia.tga, I think.

Chilly5
07-21-2005, 21:39
Or you can drag and drop the alpha channel to the new creation. ~;)

Viking
07-22-2005, 18:22
abokasix

The god of confusin. He invented the often over used symbols found in bartixain books.

Heh, all I need is a new picture for the temple(the temple need some smilies painted on the walls) and that one should be ready:
https://img65.imageshack.us/img65/3013/templecomplexofaboix2hd.th.jpg (https://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=templecomplexofaboix2hd.jpg)

I don`t think my simple photo editing programs is able to handle alpha channels so I will have to get a new one :book:

Bavor
07-23-2005, 23:46
Heh, all I need is a new picture for the temple(the temple need some smilies painted on the walls) and that one should be ready:
https://img65.imageshack.us/img65/3013/templecomplexofaboix2hd.th.jpg (https://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=templecomplexofaboix2hd.jpg)

I don`t think my simple photo editing programs is able to handle alpha channels so I will have to get a new one :book:

GIMP is nice, und tis FREE!

Or you could look up Gimpshop for windows. It's the Gimp, just it's been given a Photoshop type layout.

jerby
07-31-2005, 22:27
i'm very sorry, but bartix is already an existign name
www.bartix.com.tr.tc/

Abokasee
08-03-2005, 10:32
Yeah Jerby your right.....but how cares none of us knows what that guy is on about and we started a mod and were turning back.....unless its dead....is it?

Viking
08-08-2005, 20:47
It`s dead if we don`t find someone who can model, I don`t think I can get a proper modelling program.

Maybe we should make Bartix for BI?

Oaty
08-09-2005, 02:04
This thread does bring up a thought.

Will archers lethality be reduced trying to hit skinny little stick figures.

wlesmana
08-09-2005, 07:14
No. Model size has nothing to do with its collision detection. You can have a single 1x1 pixel invisible square as your model and it won't be harder to hit than a regular unit.

Abokasee
08-09-2005, 19:31
It`s dead if we don`t find someone who can model, I don`t think I can get a proper modelling program.

WHIXS BI?

IN ENGLISH

WHATS BI?

Abokasee
08-09-2005, 19:34
Yeah Jerby your right.....but WHO cares none of us knows what that guy is on about and we started THIS mod and were NOT turning back.....unless its dead....is it?

ALL CAPITOLS IN QUOTE ARE CORRECTIONS

Viking
08-09-2005, 19:58
WHIXS BI?

IN ENGLISH

WHATS BI?

Barbarian Invasion, the upcoming expansion for RTW. Don`t tell me you haven`t heard about it? ~:eek:

Abokasee
08-10-2005, 07:45
i have heard of it...but theres somemant BI'S AND R.O.B.R'TS N.TS AND THINGS LIKE THAT

Withmyspearandmagichelmet!!!
08-14-2005, 21:59
Look what is this Bartix nonsense you lot keep talking about. I can't really find out what it is as every time i search for it it directs me to some Polish construction companies website. So would someone please explain to me what it is or at thew very least give me a link to a forum or website that could. You all seem to think it's hilarious and i need a good laugh so...

asilv
08-14-2005, 22:23
so what "bartix" and what faction replaces armenia go then?!! (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=47080)
~:) ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers:
~:cool: ~:cool: ~:cool: ~:cool:

pezhetairoi
08-15-2005, 02:08
Yeah, that's our Bible.

Abokasee
08-15-2005, 09:24
right lads i got gmax (you can download it at the back of hoggys exuleant "how to model" thread) now all we need is a program wicth can convert gmax models to cas(or what model type rtw uses) so we get some units down! ~:) ~D

Abokasee
08-15-2005, 09:25

yeah we should make for BI

Abokasee
08-17-2005, 09:13
i am sorry to ancounce that we are going to change this to STICK MEN MOD because we WILL need lots of skinners TO MAKE LOTS of Stickmen skins for all the units in the entire game oh and you modeler will still be in making the bartix faction models!!......but errr well the mod will start when we get some skinners...possible another modeler and BI comes out so we can use its features...like units swimming in the water

were gonna inculde smeg units....but they will be mercanarys

ok?

Mackaaan
08-20-2005, 13:31
I can help with the modelling...

Viking
08-20-2005, 20:44
Great!

Abokasee
08-22-2005, 19:01
but we will have to wait until BI comes.........but modellers and (if any) skinners will have to wait...please give ideas for units and the like

Viking
08-23-2005, 19:19
We should have a Kataphraktix, a stickman on a stickhorse if that`s possible.

We don`t have to wait with the modelling though btw, still .CAS files as far as I know.