PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Map

Renly
06-28-2005, 23:01
I don't know if I should be making a new thread for this, but any updates for the Camp Map. What regions are you giving to each faction, and how do you come about the names for these? You might not have even started the campaign map yet, though i thought i remembered seeing a picture of it.

Myrddraal
06-29-2005, 16:20
Yes we have started the campaign map.

Ok here goes:

The regions we are giving to each faction follows the borders from the books with some exeptions. Altara will only control two provinces in the south of Altara as the rest of Altara is not truely under your control. The Aiel Waste will not be united to begin with (to represent the different clans and also because otherwise the Aiel will just crush the world).

We have a huge collection of town names researched directly from the books. Almost every town you see will have been mentioned in the books at some point or other. The exeption being Illian and Tear where it it hard to find town names from the books, and of course places like the Caralain Grass and the Black Hills. Here, we use artistic licence.

The pic you saw of the campaign map is quite out of date now. As I said in the into post, we intend to make the map quite large, so that the distance between towns will be larger. This will mean that countries like Andor might seem to have a huge empire, but they won't have an unrealistic number of cities. You could picture are campaign map as more zoomed in on the world.

I may post a pic of the map some time, but I won't be revealing my 'trick' yet :grin:

Renly
06-29-2005, 21:36
Awesome

Lews Therin Telamon
06-29-2005, 23:33
sounds col

SMZ
07-09-2005, 09:45
word - a pic would be dope