PDA

View Full Version : Crossbow firing troops and Mongols

Kabuki-San
09-30-2001, 18:02
Is there a way you can patch the mongolian troops and the cross bow troops into normal single play mode?

TosaInu
10-01-2001, 17:11
Konnichiwa,

What do you want?

------------------
Ja mata
Toda MizuTosaInu
Daimyo Takiyama Shi

http://www.takiyama.cjb.net

Kabuki-San
10-01-2001, 17:17
Quote Originally posted by TosaInu:
Konnichiwa,

What do you want?

[/QUOTE]

I want to see if I can include the crossbowmen into normal single player mode - and the Mongol Horsemen...

you know - a bit like the ability to patch all the units in Total Annihilation etc...

Kraellin
10-01-2001, 21:17
i believe what he's asking for, tosa, is to be able to play ANY unit in any time period on any side.

this program doesnt work the same way as TA, Kabuki. TA had a more open system, almost as open as civ2. the same applies to the map editor. in TA there were several third party map editors. that's not likely to happen here as a number of the needed parameters are built into the main executable and there are some 'interesting' files that we've not really been able to crack either, the .bif files.

but we're working on it :)

K.

------------------
I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

Kabuki-San
10-02-2001, 03:37
Kraelin, you're right on the button.. :-)
One of the joys of TA was that you could create amd customize to your hearts content.

Wouldn't it be sweet having Mongol horsemen and grenadiers who "defected" to the other side.. ;-)

I guess you're likely to be one of the team who can crack it in the end... good luck
The mongols had their own form of ninja (way before the japanese did, and far more brutal, they were completely lacking in social graces) - so it would add a new concept to the game as well)

Roman Totale XVII
10-02-2001, 05:06
I believe Hecose's Campaign Editor allows you to 'create Mongol units in a non-Mongol campaign, or create Mongol units to be owned by Japanese clans in a Mongol Invasion campaign' (quoted from his manual). haven't tested this out though.

Kabuki-San
10-02-2001, 05:24
RT XVII, have you got a link to that editor?

hecose
10-02-2001, 10:02
Using the editor you can create Mongol units in the Sengoku Jidai (i.e. non Mongol) campaigns. However, after the game starts, the Japanese clans will not be able to train new Mongol troops. What Mongol units you have at the start is all you'll ever have.

Note that I have not tested having a Japanese general command Mongol units on the battlefield. I'm not sure what will happen. So this is at your own risk.

The editor (v1.1b) is available at totalwar.org. The editor itself is 325KB in size, but if you don't have the required DLL (MSVBVM60.DLL) in your C:\Windows\System you'll need to download that too (718KB).

http://www.totalwar.org/maps/xmods.shtml

TosaInu
10-02-2001, 17:05
Konnichiwa,

Unworthy me used mongol units in Japanese armies. Hecose is right, you can't train new or repair damaged ones (yet?).

If you place something like an armoury in the same province (in the description txt) upgrades will apply to mongol units.

With a palace it's possible to teach those barbarians what honor means.

Battles work fine though. You could even assign heirs to MHC.

------------------
Ja mata
Toda MizuTosaInu
Daimyo Takiyama Shi

http://www.takiyama.cjb.net