PDA

View Full Version : It's great being back

Wingman
07-01-2005, 06:41
It’s been great being back on Shogun multiplayer. In my years of playing both games I have only played Medieval once against other people, and it’s predecessor much more. This is partially because Medieval crashes on me if I spend too long in the foyer, but if I had the choice I would definetly choose Shogun. Shogun is less laggy, all of the units have a purpose, and the graphics are much better (I don’t know if anyone else sees this. Why would they downgrade the graphics from game to game?).

It strikes me as weird that we should confine ourselves to Samurai Sundays. I want to play damn it, and nobody else is logged on because they think that nobody else wants to play. I know there are a small number of us, but perhaps we should set other official times. Perhaps Taisho Tuesdays or something like that.

Also I’m curious if you guys record your games. If so, could you guys send me (or post) some of your saved game recordings? I would love to watch them.

Methos6848
07-01-2005, 07:28
Wingman, I wholeheartedly concur and absolutely embrace your attitude!!!! Shoggie forever man!!!! Hope to catch you on the battlefield soon!!!! :charge: :charge: :charge:

Togakure
07-01-2005, 07:37
~:) Indeed. I have been busy of late, but tried Shambles' server throughout the day today without success. Apparently it was offline. No worries, I'm sure he'll have it up again soon. I look forward to meeting you and enjoying some MP soon, Wingman.

And as for you Methos: RIGHT ON, MAN!!!!!!!!!! ~:) ~D ~:) :dizzy2: ~:cheers: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Have sake, nicotine good m8s and STW-MP!!!! FOREVER!!!!! ~:cool: ~:cool: ~:cool:

hehe.

Wingman
07-01-2005, 08:20
TogakureOjonin: You make it sound like there is more than one server. Is this true? It would seem silly for there to be more then one for so few people, but if there if I would like to know about it.

We really should play more often. I'm dying for a game over here. You can only play single player so many times.

Togakure
07-01-2005, 09:24
Tosa was operating a server pretty much 24/7 for quite a while, but the last few times I've checked it over the last couple of months it has been offline. Most have recently been playing on Shamble's fakeserver. Here is what the contents of your internet.cfg file should look like to access his server.

ChatserverIPAddress = ShogunTW.no-ip.info
ChatserverPort = 8793
NewsserverIPAddress = daphne.eagames.co.uk
NewsserverPort = 8797
ShogunTotalWarWebsite = www.totalwar.com

Note that it was offline yesterday. I was getting "Connecting ... Failed to Connect," which indicates this. Shambles takes it offline when performing maintenance, and has other applications on the server as well. It has been up a majority of the time lately.

The internet.cfg information for Tosa's server is as follows:

ChatserverIPAddress = 212.238.194.39
ChatserverPort = 8793
NewsserverIPAddress = daphne.eagames.co.uk
NewsserverPort = 8797
ShogunTotalWarWebsite = www.totalwar.com

I've made a swapper so I can switch between any server I choose easily. However, given the tiny demand, I haven't bothered to wrap it in an installer and make it available. Shambles has created a server swapper utility which I haven't seen, but I've read that it works nicely. You can get it from his site:

Shambles Shogun Website (http://dflw.2ya.com/)

Hope this helps. Oh, and just call me Toga m8.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-01-2005, 20:04
Not sure where you're from wingman, but I'd be interested in playing from around 10-12 pm eastern time on weekdays. The english time is just not that convenient for me.

I know we have at least 3 other american players. We should try and set up our own time.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-03-2005, 22:12
As far as recording games, there used to be a few hundred in the downloads section of the .org, and I know magyar khan had a download section. I used to have about a hundred of my own, but I deleted them.