PDA

View Full Version : Loc files

09-25-2001, 23:41
Many requested this, hope it helps in any way. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif Remember that the loc files only change the interface, ie. what the user sees, not ingame mechanics, unit stats etc.

1) Add-on.txt
--------------
This file contains most of the changes relative to the Mongol Invasion and one can change the ingame parchments and scripts when playing the Mongols Invasion campaign. There are new coastal maps descriptions, new units descriptions, ronin clans, add-on front-end additions and some other stuff. All this is fully editable. Also note some notes on the multiplayer campaign...it seems they were working on it...see it.

2) Advisor Quotes.txt
---------------------

This can change the subtitles of the advisor quotes in the throne room.

3) AdvisorIntro.txt
------------------

This can change the subtitles of the first words that the advisor says to you. I have never experienced this in both STW or MI anyway.

Here is a cut-down of it:

["AdvisorIntro"]
{"The lands and warriors of our clan are now under your control. Lead them wisely and you will become Shogun. Look to your map to plan your first move. I am in your service and will humbly offer my advice at your command."}

4) Battle.txt
------------

From this file one can change all the information available to the user while in battle-mode. You can edit generals' names, general killed/rout messages, unit info (morale info like impetous or steady or tiredness like exhuasted or quite tired)
All this can be changed from this file.

5) Campaign.txt
----------------

I haven't found the function of this file, it seems to not contain anything.

6) Changes.txt
---------------

This is a very important file. You can edit clan descriptions in the clan selection menu and some messages and parchments in the strategy map too. It also contains ingame help messages (the little help messages on the strategy map when you point to something) and buidings descriptions. Also from this file one may change some front-end stuff.

7) Deathpoems.txt
------------------

This file contains the subtitles for the death poems when a daimyo dies.

8) Events.txt
-------------

Also very important file. Practically all the strategy map events messages/parchments can be edited from this file. Also clan names in the strategy map can be changed from this file. For example instead of "Uesugi clan unit" you can change it to "Minamoto clan unit".

From this file one can also change the names of the different generals. For example one can make Mori Motonari appear as "My Dad" on the strategy map! When editing generals name be sure to only change the second line only or else it won't work. Leave the first line as it is.

9) Frontend.txt
---------------

Most of the info in this file is uneditable as it's not longer used, most things from this file can be changed from other files like changes.txt or add-on.txt.

But I have found that from this file one may change the name of the clan which appears above the little map at the clan selection menu. This is the part in question: (in this case also change only the second line) Look under the clan names part of the txt...this damn forum wont let me put in coding stuff!

10) Global.txt
--------------

This file is mainly used to change the unit names. Example riflemen instead of musketeers, as in Khan's ACW mod.

11) Herald.txt
--------------

From this file one can change the subtitles for the Herald proclamations for a new daimyo. I don't think this works in neither STW nor MI. Therfore ignore it.

12) Histcampaigns.txt
---------------------

Remember the Historical.txt file from which one could add new historical battles? This is something like that - but you can add or change Historical Campaigns this time.

12) Historical.txt
-----------------

Add or edit Historical battles.

13) Intro.txt
-------------

From this file one can edit the subtitles of the old STW introduction movie just after selecting a clan for a full campaign.

14) Maps.txt
------------

Change map descriptions from this one. New maps/coastal maps descriptions are found in add-on.txt

15) Outro.txt
-------------

Change the subtitles of the outro movie in STW just after you win the campaign.

16) Startpos.txt
----------------

From this file you can change existing campaign descriptions (the era selection screen) or else add new descriptions if you created new campaigns with the campaign editor.

17) System.txt
---------------

I don't know what this file is all about.

18) Throne Room.txt
--------------------

Change subtitles of the messenger's words in the throne room.

19) Trailer.txt
--------------

Change the subtitles for the trailer of STW. Never seen this one, I bet it doesnt work anyway.

20) TutorialCommon.txt
-----------------------

From this file you can change the messages that come up in the tutorial battles. For example you can change "You are ready to make your bid for Shogun of all Japan" to "Go away, you kinky great player!"

21) WarVoice.txt
-----------------

From this file you can change the subtitles of the different intros for the different era campaigns.

22) Weather.txt
----------------

From this file you can change the weather messages that appear ingame. For example you can change "rain all day" with "damn, it's all wet today!"

------------------
Visit my resource centre here! (http://terazawa.totalwar.org)
Evil is within us... http://terazawa.totalwar.org/emo.gif

Kraellin
09-26-2001, 01:05
nice job, tera.

it occurs to me, since you mentioned changing all those sub-title texts, that you could also make your own voice recordings for the various voices and replace them with your own, and then change the sub-titles to match. that could be fun :)

K.

------------------
I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

Target
09-26-2001, 04:37
This is a little off topic, but I was just curious - has anyone tried to build their own historical campaign yet?

I thought I should point out ( in case you guys didn't know ) that in each historical battle/campaign file, there's a token called "predefined::". If you set it to false, it'll display the text in the speechmarks verbatim rather than treating it as a pointer to a string in the loc files.

------------------
Quote MagyarKhans Cham:
i even suspect Target is coming here to hype things up.[/QUOTE]

MagyarKhans Cham
09-26-2001, 07:52
that aint hyping target but informing us.... be ware or i find a new quote for u somewhere.

btw my Khan is ready to come to england and face your best generals on their home ground.

TosaInu
09-26-2001, 16:23
Konnichiwa Target san,

Historical campaigns haven't be made yet,
but sp campaigns with a historical background have been made: Zen-Blade Nobunaga Dilemma, and Terazawa GempeiWar.

Zen-Blade used predefined::false in Positions.txt.

Thank you very much for the information.

I've made a fictional historical battle. To speak the truth, I already made that one months ago, but never released it. I could use one of the new 'victory'condition very well. Unfortunately another property of MI/WE messes the scenario. I hope that it will be corrected in the next patch (it's one of the features that will likely be adressed, so I expect to release the scenario soon).

I'ld love to mail you a beta of this scenario: I can reply mail send to tosainu@totalwar.org

------------------
Ja mata
Toda MizuTosaInu
Daimyo Takiyama Shi
http://www.takiyama.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by TosaInu (edited 09-26-2001).]

Target
09-27-2001, 05:28
U got mail, Tosa. If you give me a pointer as to where you think MI/WE might be screwing your campaign up, maybe I can help you sort it out.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sayonara.

Target.

------------------
Quote MagyarKhans Cham:
i even suspect Target is coming here to hype things up.[/QUOTE]

TosaInu
09-28-2001, 01:33
Konnichiwa Target san,

Thanks, a reply should be in your inbox now.

------------------
Ja mata
Toda MizuTosaInu
Daimyo Takiyama Shi

http://www.takiyama.cjb.net

Auxerre
10-08-2001, 00:14
I've used these files to change the names of clans as follows for customized (unhistorical) Sengoku campaigns:

[i]-Shimazu - unchanged.
[ii]-Mori - changed to [1] Yamana or [2] Amako.
[iii]-Oda - changed to [1] Hosokawa or [2] Asakura
[iv]-Imagawa - changed to [1] Hatakeyama (too long) and then to [2] Akamatsu.
[v]-Takeda - unchanged.
[vi]-Hojo - [1] left unchanged or changed to [2] Ashikaga in all unhistorical campaigns.
[vii]-Uesugi - unchanged.
[viii]-Tokugawa - same as Imagawa above.
[ix]-Toyotomi - same as Oda above.
[x]-Date - changed to Uesugi.

It takes alot of time and patience to change clan-names. Backing up these files in appropriately named backup folders when not in use is greatly recommended or your work could be lost, (especially if one installs a custom campaign like Terazawa's Gempei campaign which, when uninstalled, restores the Loc.txt files to their original stock forms only).