PDA

View Full Version : Scotland: Total War

Atheist_Peace
07-04-2005, 07:06
A quote from bestantreas (team leader) at twcenter:
"hat's about creating a mod basing on the movie Braveheart? The factions could not be many. Scots, English and Wales. The map could be only the Brittish isle but every year could be 4 or 12 round (4 seasons or 12 months) I don't know anything else.
Please everybody who have an idea about this mod post it
I hope great modders like Curtis, SigniferOne, Pyrhus and many other will help"

I am a member of twcenter.net and i dont post here much but anyways this mod was started today by bestantreas and myself and halfdone and hospitaller have joined so far. halfdone can skin but cant model and the rest of us cannot skin or model. I am making the map.

The factions:
Multiple Scottish clans
Irish clans
England
Wales?
France (or Normandy?)

The map will include England, Scotland, Northern France and Ireland. This project is very new but we are in need of moddelers and skinners to help us so please join!

I dont think any of us regularly post here but i will check in. We will post at twcenter and we have our own forum here: http://www.bravehearttw.proboards43.com/index.cgi

King of Atlantis
07-04-2005, 07:13
wasnt wales just a vassal of england at the time?

Atheist_Peace
07-04-2005, 07:15
yes thats why im unsure of its inclusion, nothing is finalized yet.

CountMRVHS
07-04-2005, 13:06
I thought about doing a mod like this once, for MTW: VI. There's already a ready-made map there for you to use.

What I wanted to do was start with the reign of Edward I; that way Wales could be an independent faction (before his Welsh Wars).

Atheist_Peace
07-04-2005, 17:34
Join our forums if you want and we could all discuss this because as i said nothing is finalized. Either post at our forums our at twcenter because im the only team member with an account here.

Atheist_Peace
07-04-2005, 17:42
Also, what map is it you are speaking of? Is it just one you made yourself?

CountMRVHS
07-04-2005, 17:52
In the expansion pack to Medieval Total War, Viking Invasion, there is a map of just the British Isles as well as a bit of Norway and Denmark. My plan was to make a mod for MTW of the time period you're thinking of, and I would just use the Viking Invasion map. I thought it would be a simple matter to make a few new factions and make MTW units like Chivalric Knights, etc., available on the Viking map. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work as easily as I had hoped, but I'm not an expert modder by any stretch so it's still possible.

Of course your mod is more for RTW, but I just thought I'd throw that out as a suggestion -- if you don't mind MTW, there's a map there just waiting for you to use, if you can figure out how to get the different units and buildings working.

CountMRVHS

Atheist_Peace
07-04-2005, 18:12
oh ok i though you meant you were had made a map for RTW also, im pretty sure that the MTW map will not work on the RTW engine though, look through the 'base' folder of RTW (data-world-maps-base) and open some of the tga files and youll see what i mean.

Atheist_Peace
07-05-2005, 03:50
Please if there is a modeller who would like to join our team, we really need one so if anyone wants to, please go to scotlandtotalwar.tk

King of Atlantis
07-05-2005, 04:23
modellers are VERY hard to find.

Atheist_Peace
07-05-2005, 04:33
yes im realizing this, we have found no one so far and we really need atleast 1 or 2

Silentio
07-05-2005, 09:44
Wales lost it's independence in the Treaty of Rhuddlan, in 1284, when the English King, Edward I, proclaimed himself as King in Wales (not 'of' the ruler of Wales was the Prince of Wales') aswell as England and his other holdings. Despite this not including the Welsh would be a mistake, in 1294 there was a major revolt against English rule, coinciding very near to the start of the Scottish Wars of Independence. (1295 they began, I think) As far as Scottish factions you should include the Bruce, and the Comyn (or Balliol); the two main contenders for the crown. Other factions could include: Stewarts (could be incorporated with the Bruce), Douglas(pro-Bruce faction), Islanders (Orkney's, Hebrides(acquired only 30 years earlier from Norway), Manx (intermittently ruled by Scotland and England), and of course the Irish(of course divided with Meath(Dublin in English hands) the Ui Neils in Ulster and the Ui Brians in the Munster. I strongly recommend involving Ireland in this if you are doing a mod about the Scottish Wars of Independence, since Edward Bruce (Robert Bruce's Brother was the last High King in Ireland and very nearly ended English control over the Island.
Sorry if this long rant is not helpful, but I am huge fan of Scottish History and would love to see a mod portray this era.

skeletor
07-05-2005, 14:27
Atheist_Peace, have you seen Age of vikings and fanatics?
You will here be able to play the Scotts, Welsh, Normands, Ires, Anglo-Saxons, and many other factions in the dark ages..

If you want to help us out, or just share your knowledge, please vist us HERE (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=106)

~:cheers:

-Skel-

Ianofsmeg16
07-05-2005, 14:31
I say This to every mod that includes a big map of britain, but include the isle of man, it was a vassal of Scotland but had it's own parlimant and armed forces therefore should be included, if only as a territory of scotland, but in its own right should be faction this may help isle of man (http://www.kessler-web.co.uk/History/KingListsBritain/GaelsMan.htm)

Atheist_Peace
07-05-2005, 16:09
Wales lost it's independence in the Treaty of Rhuddlan, in 1284, when the English King, Edward I, proclaimed himself as King in Wales (not 'of' the ruler of Wales was the Prince of Wales') aswell as England and his other holdings. Despite this not including the Welsh would be a mistake, in 1294 there was a major revolt against English rule, coinciding very near to the start of the Scottish Wars of Independence. (1295 they began, I think) As far as Scottish factions you should include the Bruce, and the Comyn (or Balliol); the two main contenders for the crown. Other factions could include: Stewarts (could be incorporated with the Bruce), Douglas(pro-Bruce faction), Islanders (Orkney's, Hebrides(acquired only 30 years earlier from Norway), Manx (intermittently ruled by Scotland and England), and of course the Irish(of course divided with Meath(Dublin in English hands) the Ui Neils in Ulster and the Ui Brians in the Munster. I strongly recommend involving Ireland in this if you are doing a mod about the Scottish Wars of Independence, since Edward Bruce (Robert Bruce's Brother was the last High King in Ireland and very nearly ended English control over the Island.
Sorry if this long rant is not helpful, but I am huge fan of Scottish History and would love to see a mod portray this era.

Okay, we are including Ireland because it definitely relates to Scotland and the Bruces (didnt Robert invade against england at one point too?) and about the Scottish clans, our official historian has made a long list of possibilities and we will narrow it down to a max of about 10 or so. You seem to have good knowledge of the time period so you could go to our forums and provide some info in our research section if you want.

Atheist_Peace
07-05-2005, 16:14
Atheist_Peace, have you seen Age of vikings and fanatics?
You will here be able to play the Scotts, Welsh, Normands, Ires, Anglo-Saxons, and many other factions in the dark ages..

If you want to help us out, or just share your knowledge, please vist us HERE (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=106)

~:cheers:

-Skel-

Looks very interesting, it could be a really good mod if you guys finish it. I dont know how much help i would be, all i can do is text and the map (and its really tough creating britain from scratch), about knowledge, im not any kind of expert, ive learned a lot myself just in the past couple days starting this mod and researching.

Atheist_Peace
07-05-2005, 19:02
uh ok the address scotlandtotalwar.tk seems to be leading to the wrong place now, go to this address instead http://www.bravehearttw.proboards43.com/index.cgi

Ranika
07-06-2005, 04:10
If you're going to do the period and have the space, I'd also recommend the Ua Conchobair; the last Gaelic-Irish kings of Connacht. Depending on how early you're starting, maybe even the Laigini (under Murrough), but if it's after British dominion of Leinster, never mind.

skeletor
07-06-2005, 12:53
Looks very interesting, it could be a really good mod if you guys finish it. I dont know how much help i would be, all i can do is text and the map (and its really tough creating britain from scratch), about knowledge, im not any kind of expert, ive learned a lot myself just in the past couple days starting this mod and researching.

Oki, i'm not really sure about what expertese we nead, but if your interested, you could allways pm Legioxxx (Team leader) and ask him. And by the way, its a good thing having a team to help you out with stuff ~;)

Anyway, good luck with the project, keap up the good work...

-Skel-

HalfDone
07-06-2005, 22:04
Oki, i'm not really sure about what expertese we nead, but if your interested, you could allways pm Legioxxx (Team leader) and ask him. And by the way, its a good thing having a team to help you out with stuff ~;)

Anyway, good luck with the project, keap up the good work...

-Skel-

Wow it's been years since I've posted here. But anyway, I think it would be best that we work seperately for now since our gameplay will be based heavily upon the Scottish clans, perhaps when Vikings: Total War is finished you can lend a helping hand.

GoreBag
07-06-2005, 23:47
Wow it's been years since I've posted here. But anyway, I think it would be best that we work seperately for now since our gameplay will be based heavily upon the Scottish clans, perhaps when Vikings: Total War is finished you can lend a helping hand.

Will that really be the case if it's set in the same period as Wallace's rebellion? I got the impression that it would be the focus of the mod.

I started a thread about the Clan Wars of Scotland a little while ago. It should be on the second page by now. Anyway, it never got off the ground, so good luck with this one.

RTW King
07-07-2005, 00:24
The Scottish could be separated into Picts and Scots. Scots would get Knights and armoured units and proffesional soldiers, whereas Picts would get fanatical barbarians such as Berserkers and Head Hurlers.

Atheist_Peace
07-07-2005, 01:09
i think that your thinking of a while before our mod takes place...

Atheist_Peace
07-08-2005, 00:55
We have begun a bit of work on our mod, a few preliminary units have been made with models from vanilla that we could work with.

these two units were created by schrooms (Ingrimmsch here at twcenter):

an early english archer: (these will be redone (esp. the helmet) when we get a modeller)
http://img301.echo.cx/img301/7388/englisharcher21na6rd.jpg

a possible scottish or irish unit: (the kilt will be removed or replace with a tartan for the scots or the torso will be covered with the plaid colors for a possible irish unit)
http://img260.echo.cx/img260/3964/wallacearcher25bf1uy.jpg

a possible scottish cavalry unit made by HalfDone:
http://img260.echo.cx/img260/9974/scotcavearly2vm.jpg

Please remember that these units are quite preliminary and will be either improved or replaced by other similar units when we finally get a modeller.

We are in dire need of a modeller so if anyone is interested please post here or visit our forums at http://www.bravehearttw.proboards43.com/index.cgi

Thank You