PDA

View Full Version : User interface etc.

Rodion Romanovich
07-05-2005, 10:16
Thread for discussion of user interface related stuff...

...and my first contribution to this discussion is: I don't think we should use the M:TW florins for currency as those weren't introduced until in the 13th century. Same is true for dukats (sp?) and genovini (sp?). Byzantine gold coins were possibly used already in this period - they ended their career as "world currency" in 1204 AD at the sack of Constantinople to the fourth crusade so if they begun being used early enough they could be the best solution. If the Byzantine gold coins would be the same as denars, I do not know, but it's possible. So the possible names for the currency would be:
- "gold coins" (would certainly work)
- "denarii" (not certain - and perhaps the spelling should be more greek-sounding at the time?)

ScionTheWorm
07-05-2005, 10:40
if someone can give me the path and filename to the campaignmap ui, I can experiment a little. is it possible as i believe skeletor suggested a few weeks ago, to make a different ui for each faction?

atmosphere is everything

GoreBag
07-05-2005, 21:34
If "denarii" would be used, it may be better to choose a more colloquial term for them, like "denars".

Skott
07-08-2005, 01:07
I think if you simplified the coinage name as 'gold' coin or 'silver' coin that would be just fine. Generic but gets the meaning across very plainly. Doesnt create a historical inaccuracy when it comes to an actual name either.

Just an opinion on my part.

Narayanese
07-09-2005, 11:42
if someone can give me the path and filename to the campaignmap ui, I can experiment a little. is it possible as i believe skeletor suggested a few weeks ago, to make a different ui for each faction?

atmosphere is everything

You can make an interface for each culture.
The files are in
C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\packs\DATA\UI\ROMAN\INTERFACE
Also check
C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\packs\DATA\UI\ROMAN\EVENTPICS

It seems you have to put your altered files into a pak in order to have them load.