PDA

View Full Version : Viking Invasion v2 Mod

Samurai Waki
07-06-2005, 03:00
I have recently been playing around with all the modding tools, and taking a good lesson in humility via the Alchemist Lab. However I am making progress and I am beginning to make a new... bit more fun (and realistic) version of the Viking Invasion Campaign. This includes:

New Factions and Flags!
Anglia
Cornish
Cannaught
Devon
East Anglia
Kent
Leinster
Manx
Munster
Strathclyde
and.... Ulster

First the introduction of 4 separate Irish Factions would make interesting for the Political situation there. The Mercians nor the Saxons would absolutely dominate lower and Central England in the beginning (and may even give the Saxons and Mercians a run for their money). After all much of Mercia came under the Danelaw, and in VI the Mercians often get very large early. Also one more faction in the north (strathclyde) which will obviously gives both the Scots, Picts, and Northumbrians something to Worry About. I wanted to Add the Manx because they fought hard against the vikings, and I didn't want to allow the Vikings an easy outpost to conquer in the Irish Sea (like they do now).

If possible, I may add new Units to some of the factions rosters to make battles much more interesting (certainly more varying units would be nice for the Irish Kingdoms).

If Anyone is interested in helping me out with this little project, you can drop me a PM and I can back to you ASAP.

Regards,
Wazikashi (or in most places King of Saxony).

CountMRVHS
07-06-2005, 13:14
Hey Wazikashi

Sounds great. IMO the Viking campaign is very underutilized in mods, but it's a great place to learn. The first bit of modding I did was to make a Strathclyde faction for VI a year or so ago. I never got to the point where I could do new graphics or a new map though, but I learned how to make units from preexisting ones.

Anyway, I'm interested in how this is shaping up. Are you still going to be doing the same period -- 793-1066? And where will "Anglia" be?

Good luck and keep us posted! ~:cheers:

CountMRVHS

Samurai Waki
07-07-2005, 00:36
Anglia will be centralized around London and the East Anglians will be centralized around modern day Norwich

Ianofsmeg16
07-09-2005, 16:17
Is this mod dead, if not i could give you help with the manx, i live on the isle of man and know quite abit of history

Samurai Waki
07-11-2005, 08:45
Please, yes, that would be really great if you could help me with the manx, history, or whatever you've got.

King of Atlantis
07-12-2005, 07:41
This mod is a very good idea! ~:cheers:

Samurai Waki
07-16-2005, 07:09
work is continuing... rather slowly, due to work intereference. However, Strathclyde is completed, and seems to be doing well. Eastern English Kingdoms are next on the List (Anglia, East Anglia, and Kent).