PDA

View Full Version : Old player, looking for new MP game(s)

Zen Blade
07-06-2005, 22:01
Hey guys,

So, I looked through some of the different posts and threads and I have an idea of what to do...

but can someone give a simple post of what I should do. I won't have time to get online as my family is currently in town but I just figured out how to get the game to load.

I know we have to go to a new forum and there is some trick about how to get it to work. Well, if there is any regular play time, I may try to log on around then and see if anyone is there.

thanks,

-Zen Blade

Drisos
07-07-2005, 10:27
Hello TenkiZen_Blade,

Go to your shogun main folder. Open the file: 'internet.cfg' with notepad. Untick the box 'always open with this program'. Edit the contents of the file into:

ChatserverIPAddress = ShogunTW.no-ip.info
ChatserverPort = 8793
NewsserverIPAddress = daphne.eagames.co.uk
NewsserverPort = 8797
ShogunTotalWarWebsite = http://dflw.2ya.com

Now your shogun is configured for shambles server. Run shogun, click multiplayer and click 'play via ea-play'. Leave the 'CD-key' and 'password' boxes empty. Only enter a nickname and choose a family name.

It might take several login attempt to get onto the fakeserver. If you host a game, shut off your firewall. If you have a router, then it might prevent you from hosting. People are trying to figure out how to solve that. You'll find more info here:

thread about fakeserver (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=48438)

Congratulations on fixing the problem. Have fun playing! ~:)

WarPRIEST and Soraroti promised to play ocasionally and you'll surely see your old m8's back. In the weekends there mostly are some players. Especially saturday evening seems to be quite busy. I hope to see you then. There is a thread for arranging games here, called 'stw mp'. And atm there are being hosted a tourniment and an mp campaign. Threads on that are also in this forum.

:bow:

47Ronin Drisos

Zen Blade
07-08-2005, 22:35
Drisos,

I can't seem to log on. It keeps saying "logging on..." and then just staying there. I haven't been able to fully log on.

is there some trick I need to try?

-Zen Blade

Drisos
07-09-2005, 08:22
Hello again Zen_Blade,

This indicates your .cfg file is correct, because the connection works. Hmmmm, I guess it'll just be the same problem quite some others have. I don't know what causes it (yet? ~:)). Most of them must try about 5 times before it succeeds, but some don't log in at all. When the 'logging in' takes more then 3 seconds, abort it and do it again. It takes less then 1 second for me as you aren't really logging in with an account.(official server down, no registering for fakeserver) And it shouldn't take more then 1 second for you to work either, since my comp is about 8 years old and yours is new. Please try it quite some times after each other and then tell me if it works. ~:)

:bow: from Drisos

Jochi Khan
07-09-2005, 20:27
Have you tried tick..use existing internet connection. If you stick at...logging on...screen go back and untick...use existing internet connection and try again. Don't wait too long for a connection. If it doesn't connect within a few seconds go back and try again.
Very often I have found this to work for me when I couldn't log on.
That was with Tosa FakeServer but it should still apply with Shambles.

Jochi

Zen Blade
07-10-2005, 17:57
I've tried that several times.
Don't know what the hang up is.

-Zen Blade

Jochi Khan
07-10-2005, 19:29
OK....let's try something else ~;)

Change your ..family name.. to something else.
Now try to log on.

If this fails...next step...try a different nickname. Or slightly alter the one you are using by adding extra letters.

Are you running STW/WE or STW/MI or STW v1.12 (original)?

Jochi