PDA

View Full Version : How to play as any faction in the prologue campaign

Spoonfrog
04-04-2005, 20:47
Modding Resource Header

Title: How to play as any faction in the prologue campaign

Posted by: Spoonfrog

Modding area: Campaigns
Required programmes: Notepad (or other text editor)
Summary: This tutorial explains how to unlock the other factions within the Prologue campaign.

Ok, this is fairly simple but I just had the idea and wanted to try it out (sorry if this has been said before). It is possible and very simple to make all factions playable for the prologue campaign without any advanced modding skills or know-how. Just follow these instructions:

1. Create a new folder in Rome - .../Total War/Data/world/maps/campaign/ called "prologue"

2. Copy these files and these files only from
.../Total War/Data/world/maps/campaign/sons_of_mars/ and paste them into the new folder:-
-descr_disasters.txt
-descr_mercenaries.txt
-descr_regions.txt
-descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup.txt
-descr_strat.txt
-descr_terrain.txt
-map_climates.tga
-map_features.tga
-map_ground_types.tga
-map_heights.tga
-map_regions.tga
-map_roughness.tga
-map_trade_routes.tga
-radar_map1.tga
-radar_map2.tga
-water_surface.tga

3. Copy descr_events.txt from .../Total War/Data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign and paste it into the new folder

4. In .../Total War/Data/world/maps/campaign/prologue/descr_strat.txt, delete the names of all factions apart from "slave" from the "nonplayable" list and add them to the "playable" list.

5. Delete the following text right at the bottom of descr_strat.txt:

script
Prologue_Campaign_Script.txt

6. In .../Total War/Data/text/ copy "sons_of_mars_regions_and_settlement_names.txt" and rename the copy to "prologue_regions_and_settlement_names.txt"

The Julii are defeated at the start because they have no territory but every other faction is playable.

Reverend Joe
04-08-2005, 16:40
Damn- thanks!

I've always kinda wanted to ty out one of the other factions in the tutorial; it's an interesting setup. In fact, there should be more mini-campaigns like the "Sons of Mars".

Spoonfrog
04-08-2005, 20:40
Check out my Sicilian Campaign in the forge. It is a provincial campaign that is not a mod, but runs with the normal game. The prologue certainly is an interesting campaign, but Greece are too powerful, the Julii have no regions at the start, and there are too few regions. I am considering making a "revamped", better balanced prologue with more regions... Would anyone be interested in that?

The_Ferret
04-09-2005, 10:33
me :grin2:

Kenchi_Shaka
04-12-2005, 04:20
i have done this and modded the map (included more regions) etc.
now my question is, u think its possibile to introduce some of the imperial campaign faction in the "prologue mod".

i placed a town exactly on the julian army (the town is classified as a senate city tho, it didnt run when i put it into the julii list). the julii havent become rebels, but for some reason there s a ctd when it is loading the julii. the other factions work except the scipii.

shaka

KingJo5
04-12-2005, 21:53
Spoonfrog ive been wanting to do this for so long.......................
If you are sucsessful - which i hope you are, then you are my hero,
as a fellow italian, i love your sicily campaign ;-)
Hope you make more of these miny campaigns, and hope you release this to the public,
Grazie, ~KingJo5

Monkwarrior
04-12-2005, 22:07
i have done this and modded the map (included more regions) etc.
now my question is, u think its possibile to introduce some of the imperial campaign faction in the "prologue mod".

i placed a town exactly on the julian army (the town is classified as a senate city tho, it didnt run when i put it into the julii list). the julii havent become rebels, but for some reason there s a ctd when it is loading the julii. the other factions work except the scipii.

shaka

In my experience it is not possible to have in the same provincial campaign the senate and any other roman faction. I guess it is a problem of the hard-coded senate missions.

In theory it would be possible to put 17 factions, 1 romans and the 16 non-romans (+ rebels), all of them playable.

Thus, my advice is: try to put in the map a non-roman faction.

Edit: after thinking a little bit more ~D it would be possible to put 19 factions in the map + rebels + senate that disappears in the first turn.
If my own mod leaves me some free time, I will try this idea.

Spoonfrog
04-13-2005, 21:34
But the scipii are in the prologue campaign... And the julii are there in theory - they just get defeated at the start. Maybe some scripting could help to get roman factions to work in provincial campaigns...

KingJo - Thanks for your support ~:) I will make more mini-campaigns if there is enough support for them. I was thinking perhaps a mini-campaign of Greece....

KingJo5
04-13-2005, 23:21
Spoonfrog- i believe there is quite a demand for a sons of mars mini campaign, imagine, we can make an ITALY - TOTAL WAR lol
If you want any help what so ever i would be more then happy to help you out!
In fact we should set up a partnership for Italy total war miny campaign, interested please tell me your thoughts,
in fact we can devise a whole community dedicated to making mini campaigns!
Ha just an idea, :)
Anyone interested?
~KingJo5~

Myrddraal
04-14-2005, 08:28
To stop them being defeated, give them a province...

Spoonfrog
07-30-2005, 15:14
I have released a kind of revamped prologue map, but it crashes sometimes - something to do with the senate missions I think.

Check it out here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=51605

jamesboru
10-26-2005, 02:50
I'm using the Prologue map as a base for my new Phyrrus campaign. thanks for the help.

hooroo!!
Jamesboru

WhiteProphecy
12-15-2005, 14:23
can you make it where I can play as any faction in the imperial campaign please?