PDA

View Full Version : I have a question that has been bugging me

RedPanther1
07-16-2005, 16:45
In RTW, all of the characters/rulers/generals were male and the females were kinda in the background not doing anything, or even changing over the years for that matter. What I want to know is how you'll be able to compensate for that in places like Andor, where the ruler is always a queen. I don't know if you can make the female characters into actual characters themselves, but some of them led armies in WoT and many were rulers.

Just kinda curious.

Renly
07-16-2005, 17:45
They might've led armies but they never fought in battles. Except maybe one, I think RJ mentioned. So maybe you could just have the ruler be the male counterpart, like the Prince of the whatever for Andor (Haven't read the books in awhile)

Andreas
07-17-2005, 19:51
The ruler in andor will be female. I hope that i will find out how to have the spies and that male, I ahve a lead. Otherwise, they'll be female.

Steppe Merc
07-17-2005, 22:49
Question: will you make seperate general units that are female? Can you distinguish between female and male potraits corrosponding with the general's models?

Andreas
07-20-2005, 17:51
Hopefully, we will be able to do all that.

Myrddraal
07-22-2005, 13:48
Myself I have doubts as to whether we can pull this off, but if Andreas has a way, we'll do our best. In MTW it was easier because Kings had seperate portraits.

Andreas
07-22-2005, 16:38
I'm not sure I has a way, I said I have a lead:) I will look over it ASAP.

SMZ
07-22-2005, 17:19
G'luck Andreas, I hope your lead bears fruit. :) RJ has so many of the cultures dominated by women, or if not so, at least the women have powerful roles, that it'll seem strange if this is completely ruled by men like R:TW. I mean you've got Tar Valon of course, the Sea Folk have a Mistress of the Ships, Andor has their Queen always, the Seanchan have an Empress right now, Altara's got a Queen right now, Mayene a female First presently, Kandor a Queen also at present, Saldea has a Queen too now, Tarabon has their odd setup where a female always shares in ruling, the Wise Ones have every bit as much power as the Clan Chiefs, Arad Doman's Council of Merchants is predominantly women, Ogier are usually led by a female Elder... in short women pretty much run the world.

Andreas
07-23-2005, 15:19
Yes, that is because of the breaking of course, and how the world has developed after that with the general fear of men going mad. My whole plan is the find a culture setting that have two factions in it, the only one is the cartahge-numida, and that do not fit with everything else.... I will have too look over this, when I look in my "papers" something is wrong... But I will solve it:) The aiel is easier, of course since with egypt I can do what i want...

Steppe Merc
07-24-2005, 00:39
Will you all be getting rid of the Senate, to free up three factions for whatever?

Andreas
07-24-2005, 02:07
Nope, not if Myrddraal hasn't changed his mind. I like the Senate thing anyway.

Steppe Merc
07-24-2005, 02:13
Wouldn't that mean that the Senate faction wouldn't be playable?

Andreas
07-24-2005, 03:39
Well, it hardly does matter does it? It will not be playable anyway?

SMZ
07-24-2005, 04:27
Plus it would be kinda unfair for anybody to play as the Dark One...

Andreas
07-24-2005, 06:33
Yep, it would. It will be the goal of the Shadow tribes, to be nae'blis.

Steppe Merc
07-24-2005, 16:55
Oh. The Dark One... that makes sense... ~;)

Myrddraal
07-25-2005, 16:35
Thats what we're planning, the senate is the Naeblis, and controls Shayol Ghul. There are three Trolloc tribes. It is the goal of the Trolloc tribes to capture Shayol Ghul and hence become NaeBlis, and the goal of all other factions to raise Shayol Ghul to the ground.

Medic
07-25-2005, 22:40
Thats what we're planning, the senate is the Naeblis, and controls Shayol Ghul. There are three Trolloc tribes. It is the goal of the Trolloc tribes to capture Shayol Ghul and hence become NaeBlis, and the goal of all other factions to raise Shayol Ghul to the ground.

Wow, that is excellent. I like it, fits perfectly.