PDA

View Full Version : Why is >90% of Japan Catholic?

NodachiSam
07-18-2005, 19:08
Hello, the mod looks great and I am looking forward to playing it. I havn't played much yet but I've noticed that the vast majority of Japan is Catholic. I don't mind playing catholic factions in the other eras but it really kills the atmosphere of feudal Japan. :(

So I went into the starting position file to change all the factions to pagan which is the closest in the game to Buddhism that there is. I changed the faction religions and cahnged their culture to pagan as well as the culture of all the provinces but I couldn't get the game started because the game couldn't place a unit because it didn't match with the culture of the faction.

So is the reason that Japan is catholic something that can be easily changed or are problems caused because the units are modified catholic units (maybe the warrior monks are based off catholic fantatics or something?) that causes the problem? I once changed all the factions in the early era to Jewish (even the pope ~D) and the game still worked though I didn't finish a game with it so I don't know if excommunication or crusades worked properly.

Is there no way to add buddhism to the game and change all the factions or is that an unsavory amount of work? Would you have to add a whole new culture too?

This won't stop me from playing the mod but it does hurt my enjoyment.

barocca
07-18-2005, 19:17
medieval does not allow placing/creating new religions,

the current beta is an ex-pack mod, so we had to use what we have got,
and tht was a choice between the 3 fully working religions that medieval accepts,
catholic, orthodox and muslim

plans are for the changing of the mod from an ex-pack to an overwrite
then we can modify a religion or two to suit ourselves

B.

NodachiSam
07-18-2005, 19:35
Ok, I see. Thanks for the quick reply! ~:cheers: