PDA

View Full Version : An Asian Wargame Mod Idea

Daemonic
07-20-2005, 19:15
I had a thought today. There have been many mods on Asian fantasy, realism and I thought why not have both? Why not have a mod with historical units with a hint of fantasy within them?

I am not sure what to call it, as I am alone.

I figured factions such as:

India
China
Japan
Mongolia

I have low text editing skills so far and I wish this mod could start.

Is anyone prepared to help me?

King of Atlantis
07-20-2005, 20:07
Check out blue lotus total war. It is exactly what your looking for.

Daemonic
07-20-2005, 21:19
No, I know about it. I mean have historical-ish units with a few fantasy ones. But they are all human not demons or monsters etc. Just humans..

dark_shadow89
07-20-2005, 21:47
Before you go out and start a total conversion, i suggest that you refine your skills, learn to do some graphical modding (skinning, modeling), and get some work done by yourself. Once the mod's shown progress, then you go out and recruit a team.

Daemonic
07-20-2005, 22:37
I am not wishing to start a full conversion, just a small custom battle one.

King of Atlantis
07-20-2005, 22:56
That is still a lot of work, i am trying to just do an invasion mod(replacing one faction) and that is very hard. I cant see a team doing this when it is very similar to blue lotus already.

With all that being said there is nothing wrong with trying to start a mod, but it is hard work.

good luck though. ~:cheers:

Daemonic
07-21-2005, 17:22
awww thanks

King of Atlantis
07-21-2005, 21:27
nm.

Daemonic
07-21-2005, 22:02
No its not. I was merely saying thanks for the advice etc.

I no what is in for it that it is simply an idea.

King of Atlantis
07-21-2005, 22:06
alright, it just sounded kinda sarcastic to me..

~:cheers:

I recomend trying to learn to skin, it is hard, but much easier than modelling.

Daemonic
07-21-2005, 22:09
I would but I have no programs for it. And all the ones I need cost money which I dont have. I could do MSN file share hehehe but apart from that I am stuffed ~:confused: :thumbsdown:

King of Atlantis
07-21-2005, 22:11
all the paint programs have like 30 day trails.

Daemonic
07-21-2005, 22:17
But thats only 30 days! I am a n00b and it would take me ages.

Mr Jones
07-29-2005, 07:23
i would also really like to see an asian mod, but would prefere to see a full conversion. i think the campaign map would be stunning, and if i had my way would stretch from pakistan/india to japan across, and ceylon or the malaysian peninsula (whichever is furtherest south) to northern mongolia running vertically. you could hav several indian, chinese and indochinese factions as well as the japanese, mongols etc.

unfortunately i hav no modding skills but IF anyone where to start this mod i would be more than willing to do tons of research and maybe even learn to skin or sum other modding skill. i could probly also recruit sum of my friends. i know sum who do modding for other games but havn't really been introduced to rtw yet. so anyone who has nuthin better to do, if u start this mod i will help. PLEASE!