PDA

View Full Version : Albaic castle

radcan
07-20-2005, 19:28
I thought this idea may come in handy for you troops , i remember reading in an archaeolgy (sp?) book that the scots at this time used a unique system for reinforcing their castles . wat they would do i cant remmeber if it was mixed in with the mortar type stuff or entirely on its own , anyways wat they would do is put sand in the cracks between the stones and then heat the whole wall so that the sand would melt and form into glass just thought it was quite a cool thing i could share wth you troops . :charge:

ScionTheWorm
07-21-2005, 00:01
Hey appreciate your note!

I think the major problem to that would be that we must use a whole culture for assigning that specific thing to one faction; so two other cultures would have to merge - and we don't have a lot of cultures to use. I think it would be a detail when it comes to prioritizing. At the same time I can't see how it would be much different from a "standard castle" in the detail level the game offers.

Incongruous
07-21-2005, 05:43
Ok, so obviously the Scots of Alban had knowladge of how to use this technique, so if these castles were stronger than the usual ones at that point in time, all castles up to say the last rung biult in that region could gain a strenght bonus or something.

ScionTheWorm
07-21-2005, 07:15
If the castle is the Upgrading City thing it was in MTW, I think it would have to be applied to all factions of that culture.

Spongly
07-21-2005, 07:53
The so called "vitrified forts" are a weird point of argument among archaeologists, but they pre date the Gaelic "invasion" by some time. Argument rages though as to whether they are made deliberately or are the result of the timber laced forts being sacked and burned.

Ranika
07-21-2005, 08:05
It's notable that Gaelic towers (the common Gaelic equivalent to 'castles'; somewhat small, tall round towers) in Argyll do not use such a method, which is part of the point of contention; even though they predate Gaels, you'd think they would have adopted the method from the indigenous people.

GoreBag
07-21-2005, 21:39
If these castles were to be used, would it be possible to use a AOR system for buildings?

Ranika
07-21-2005, 21:44
A building can have hidden resources assigned, I do think.