PDA

View Full Version : How to have different bodyguards for different characters within the same faction

Epistolary Richard
04-22-2005, 23:56
Modding Resource Header

Title: How to have different bodyguards for different characters within the same faction

Posted by: Epistolary Richard

Modding area: Campaigns (Starting characters)

Required programmes: Notepad (or other text editor)

Summary: An easy way to have different bodyguards. This is available for your starting characters only.

How to have different bodyguards for different characters within the same faction

This can only be done for named characters who are active at the beginning of the campaign, ie, they appear in descr_strat.

Here's the character entry in descr_strat we'll be changing.

character Ptahhotep, named character, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 35, , x 202, y 32
traits GoodCommander 1, PublicFaith 2, MathematicsSkill 3, Embezzler 1
ancillaries mathematician
army
unit egyptian general's bodyguard early exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

The first unit beneath the character is the bodyguard unit. Instead of riding on a chariot Ptahhotep wants to have some Nubian Spearmen as a bodyguard. So I simply change the unit directly beneath him:

character Ptahhotep, named character, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 35, , x 202, y 32
traits GoodCommander 1, PublicFaith 2, MathematicsSkill 3, Embezzler 1
ancillaries mathematician
army
unit egyptian nubian spearmen exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

And that's it.

Spartiate
07-30-2005, 00:46
Do these bodyguard units regenerate automatically like the original purpose built units?
Never noticed this post before.Nice and simple. ~:)

Epistolary Richard
07-30-2005, 01:49
Don't know, probably not because it's probably tied into the general tag in edu. So what happens if you have multiple general units? I don't know that either. It might work though.

Spartiate
07-30-2005, 20:41
You're an honest man. ~D
Think i'll try it out.I would like to give the Parthians a Cat General

Gaius Drakan
07-31-2005, 16:26
That would be.....interesting :)