PDA

View Full Version : How to include new rebel factions

Monkwarrior
01-07-2005, 15:20
Myrdraal: I have prepared this short "How to".
Feel free to edit or move it if you consider this is not suitable for this thread.
Cheers.

How to include new rebel factions

Files to modify:
Data\rebel_faction_descr_enums.txt
Data\descr_rebel_factions.txt
Data\text\rebel_faction_descr.txt
Data\world\maps\campaign\{your_campaign}\descr_regions.txt

As an example we are going to include a new rebel faction called Tarbelles (for a new region called Aquitania_inf)

At the end of Data\rebel_faction_descr_enums.txt we include the name of the new rebel faction

Tectosages
Ausci
Bituriges
Seduni
Tarbelles
slave_uprising
gladiator_uprising
brigands
pirates

In Data\descr_rebel_factions.txt we copy and paste the description of another gaul rebel faction, for example Seduni, and we rename the faction in this way:

rebel_type Tarbelles //gauls
category peasant_revolt
chance 0
description Tarbelles
unit barb peasant slave
unit barb peasant slave
unit barb infantry slave
unit barb infantry slave
unit barb infantry slave
unit barb naked fanatics slave
unit barb cavalry slave
unit barbarian rebel general

In Data\text\rebel_faction_descr.txt, we copy and paste one line and rename the rebel faction (sorry, it is my Spanish version)

{Tectosages} Rebeldes tectosagos
{Ausci} Rebeldes auscos
{Bituriges} Rebeldes bituriges
{Seduni} Rebeldes sedunos
{Tarbelles} Rebeldes tarbelos
{slave_uprising} La insurrección de los esclavos
{gladiator_uprising} La insurrección de los gladiadores
{brigands} Bandidos
{pirates} Piratas

Finally we put the name of the new rebel faction in the corresponding region in Data\world\maps\campaign\{your_campaign}\descr_regions.txt in this way:

Aquitania_inf
Dax
gauls
Tarbelles
232 41 55
iron, hides, lead, dogs, pigs

If you place this region in the slave faction in descr_strat, you will see the name of the new rebel faction when the campaign starts.

Note: there are several names for rebel factions that are not used in the imperial campaign. I have tried some of them (allobroges, tectosages, arverni) that work perfectly but I did not succed in using others such as Volcae_Arecomici. The problem is that not all the rebel factions are defined in Data\descr_rebel_factions.txt and you need to define it before it is available for use.

NodachiSam
01-03-2006, 19:42
thanks MW

SiamWarrior
01-20-2009, 01:20
how do you give them units that the factions have ?:inquisitive:

Philadelphos
07-21-2011, 02:09
This seems easy, but in fact it is very tricky. I've been trying for a while to introduce new rebels following your instructions, but it just won't work. Maybe some of those names are hardcoded? Now I think I will be simply trying to change names of existing ones.