PDA

View Full Version : SPQR have stolen my clan tag

SPQR Caligula
07-27-2005, 14:21
There is an unwritten rule about clan tags and stealing someone else's tag, the (SPQR) clan have stolen my clan tag, there is a lot of talk about honor among the total war community, is the theft of my clan tag regarded as honourable ?. Is the talk of honor just talk or will the total war community practice what they preach and force the (SPQR) clan to change there clan tag ?, if not then I would like to suggest that the total war community stop talking about honor as this community is sadly lacking in that certain qaulity unlike myself.

The practice of stealing clan tags is just a reflection of the situation in our society, theft is OK, what sort of a message is this to be sending out to the young people who play total war, what direction do these people want our society to go in, and when they get there dont complian when you are the victim of theft like I am now.

SPQR CLAN REMOVE MY CLAN TAG AT ONCE.

SPQR Caligula

edyzmedieval
07-27-2005, 14:34
Wow...

SO stealing is even at Multiplayer.... SPQR, remove the tag. We at the .org support SPQR Caligula!!!! :charge: :duel:

KukriKhan
07-27-2005, 15:45
Moved by me to Multiplayer forum (sorry Rob ~:) ). Perhaps our new member would care to explain in more detail his charge of theft, versus roundly condemning the entire community in his first ever post here.

bubbanator
07-27-2005, 16:07
Yes, please explain yourself more. A short story telling us what happened and when would be helpful.

Gawain of Orkeny
07-27-2005, 16:18
I would suppose he is the founder of the SPQR clan in MTW. If so hows it going Calig. Is someone now using that in RTW?

The Hun
07-27-2005, 16:47
I would suppose he is the founder of the SPQR clan in MTW. Is someone now using that in RTW?

This was my thoughts too but am I correct to say that clan disbanded? There are SPQR in RTW but if the 'MTW' clan is no more, I think 'stolen' is wrong word

Lord Preston
07-27-2005, 17:20
dont go accusing people if you dont provide proof.

i'd of locked this topic as at the minute it is just a flame and accusations of which no evidence has been brought

CBR
07-27-2005, 18:03
Well AFAIK the SPQR clan died out a long time ago. The term SPQR would be a natural/popular name for a clan after RTW came out. So if an old clan with that name consists of one guy only its gonna be a bit difficult to keep it that way, especially when the MP community has lots of new players and are very fragmented.

I see no need to close this thread yet

CBR

Rob The Bastard
07-27-2005, 19:25
No... not yet.

Compelling evidence, given without rancour, will lead to public opinion siding with you... that in turn will apply the only pressure posible to the alleged theives.

Representitives of SPQR Clan can post, if they wish.

All posters should bear in mind our forum rules.

SPQR Caligula
07-27-2005, 20:37
I joind the org a long time ago as SPQR Caligula, I have lost my password for my origjnal account and I am trying to reset it without any luck as yet, I have never stoped playing, the SPQR clan went from MTW to RTW the clan never stoped, we have been the victim of a malisious hate campaign and you all know it, when I have recruited members they have been poisioned against the SPQR clan and poched by the new SPQR clan, im busy I cant be on RTW all the time. As for proof, most people here know what im talking about. To add insult to injury fake SPQR clan members are constantly accusing me of stealing there tag and being rude about it, they certainly dont like it when they think someone has stolen there tag but im just suppose to wear it I am most dissgruntled abiout the whole situation.

Not to mention that tacky, cheap website they have, even there ranking system is a copy of the real SPQR clan ranking system.

SPQR Caligula
07-27-2005, 20:42
I wouldnt object to the tag SPQR 2

Shambles
07-27-2005, 21:30
I joind the org a long time ago as SPQR Caligula, I have lost my password for my origjnal account and I am trying to reset it without any luck as yet, I have never stoped playing, the SPQR clan went from MTW to RTW the clan never stoped, we have been the victim of a malisious hate campaign and you all know it, when I have recruited members they have been poisioned against the SPQR clan and poched by the new SPQR clan, im busy I cant be on RTW all the time. As for proof, most people here know what im talking about. To add insult to injury fake SPQR clan members are constantly accusing me of stealing there tag and being rude about it, they certainly dont like it when they think someone has stolen there tag but im just suppose to wear it I am most dissgruntled abiout the whole situation.

Not to mention that tacky, cheap website they have, even there ranking system is a copy of the real SPQR clan ranking system.

my old DF2 clan sufferd the same thing,
We used to run multiple servers, and had over 100 members,
our tag was -=CAW=- "citizens against work"

Then a nother squad decided they would become |CAW|
"Citizens against work"
This in turn lead to a number of mini fights,

|caw| "The copy cats" had verry few members, But there server name would apear befor ours in the lobby so newbies went there, And were brain washed in to thinking that Our clan over 100 strong Were The ones stealing |caw|'s Tag.

This lead to Even more fights which escilated in to mini wars,
Finaly the council "A group of 4 -=Caw=- Members" decided enough was enough,
And disbanded -=caw=- altogether, And every 1 joined difrent factions or left df2 all together,
now all |caw| rooms are Empty 90% of the time.
And Thers is no -=Caw=- rooms at all.

It really Agrivated me,
And it wasnt becous they stole the tag And ruined our little community.

It was the way they made all the newbies think they were the origionals,

How ever,
All those "newbies" have since learnt of |caw|'s devious ways. And there for No body playes in there servers and Neither do they Have many members.

So i guess i get the last laugh.

but I know how annoying/frustrating it is,
And I dont think youl Ever get them to comply with your requests,

But hopefully,
All the newbies who joined the copy cat clan, Will begin to learn more about Who used to run the old clan, In mtw,
But If these copy cats are any thing like the ones in df2,
They will hae taken individual member names as well.

I hope you get it resolved.

But i doubt it

P.S

I did not stay neutral in this post becaus No members of spqr have been here to put forward there Side,
This is exactly what would occur in df2,
They would only tell people they were the origional When they did not need to proove it,
Any time Any one would ask |caw| members to explain things like,
"why has your server only been ere a week and other -=CAW=- 3years?"

They would misteriously log off.
Or forget how to type,

Any way ive already said more than I probably should ,
So im gonna shushx :)

ShambleS
:bow:

Wishazu
07-27-2005, 23:21
i dont suppose you could provide a list of all your current SPQR members caligula? i just want to know whos who exactly.

Productivity
07-28-2005, 14:57
We at the .org support SPQR Caligula!!!!

I do? Who nominated you as spokesperson for the whole forum?

SPQR Caligula, any chance of anything remotely resembling evidence. All you have now is hearsay, and I am reluctant to condem anyone on such shaky grounds.

PanzerJaeger
07-28-2005, 18:47
Hello Cali.. long, long time.

I was a member of SPQR way back when and it is true that the clan did have a bit of a come apart, but Cali always retained the name, the clan site, and recruited various members.

SPQR is and has always been Calis clan, and if there were actually a way to mitigate such things, he is the rightful holder of the name.

New clans should always check places like the .org and other sites to make sure no clan exists with the name they want.. a simple google search "SPQR total war clan" would do the trick.

Lord Preston
07-28-2005, 20:44
we'll even if there was a SPQR clan from medieval days, if it died out and became one person then other factors come into it, like who knows about the clan? cos i have seen SPQR people for many months but i dont know if people i have seen are part of your SPQR or the "new" one so can't comment on how many times i've seen the original tag used.

BUT:

google search does not come up with any ROME SPQR clan but does come up with many clans called SPQR for other games. will you go to them and tell them to stop using that name?

under rome on the org where it lists clans there is no SPQR.

i dont think you can blame someone for taking the name of a faction that is in the game they play when there is no evidence that a ROME:TOTAL WAR clan exists.

NimbleNota
08-12-2005, 16:07
I think this argument should be between both clans in private, it is true Caligula you have been around longer, but this new clan may have not even heard of your clan when they formed their unit. :bow:

DeltaTracker
08-27-2005, 06:20
Hello and sorry for a late post on this thread.

I am {SPQR}DeltaTracker{Optio-I} and would just like to say a few things here,
number 1) we are not stealing your clan tag, our founders did not know about your clan and SPQR really did exist in the past
number 2) we are not flaming you or 'brain washing' anybody, all we have heard from you is comments directed towards us about how we stole your clan tag, and how we are apart of a 'malicous hate campaign"
number 3) we do not accuse you of stealing your clan tag, we now know your clan existed in MTW, we even have at least 1 member of your old MTW clan in our RTW clan, he is {SPQR}Phoenix{L-I}, he said your a great person and was his mentor, which is saying something as he is an OK player,

As for a 'tacky website' goes, im not sure this is THAT tacky, http://www.freewebs.com/spqrrtw/, it was done by our very own {SPQR}Berserker{C-II}, him and {SPQR}Legate{C-I} would be the leaders of SPQR, if you want to talk to them about this issue i would forward you to them Caligula

And i do beleive your website is a bit more tackier than ours
http://www.rome-total-war.com/

ALSO, all you are doing is going around to websites and saying we are theives and should remove our clan tag which we have fought with honor for,

There is also a post about this on the CWB Forums,
http://forums.clanwarbelt.org/viewtopic.php?t=470

If you have any problems with a single member of our clan i suggest you talk to Legate or Berserker through an Email or EZ-Mail on our forums, we are not stealing or anything from you,

Josh

tibilicus
08-27-2005, 10:51
:no: what has the Rome total war community come to. Were now fighting over name tags. Any way on the subject. One of you could always change your clan tag slightly. Not to change the name just to tell the two clans apart.

Jammin
08-27-2005, 16:10
Honestly, who wants to be in a clan named after that annoying senate anyways!!!

:dizzy2:

DeltaTracker
08-27-2005, 18:49
our tags are completly different, in game Caligulas is SPQR__Caligula and mine for instance is {SPQR}DeltaTracker{Optio-I}, and the Senate may be annoying yet powerful =)

Delta
Senatus Populusque Romani
SPQR

Legate
08-28-2005, 04:45
Gentlemen,please forgive my slowness in responding and allow me to introduce myself.I am the Legate Bluntavius.I am one of the 2 Consuls presently in charge of {SPQR}.My Optio was correct when he pointed out how different our tags really are.When our clan was named ,SPQR__Caligula was not an active entity in ROME.He did not surface until after we were established.We have over 30 members with around 20 active at this point in time.And one of them is indeed one of SPQR__Caligulas ex members from MTW.He tells us that the clan broke up and was,in fact,never active as a cohesive unit in Rome.We have stolen nothing,neither have we sought to slander or harass him.He is the only one I personally have ever seen in the lobby with his tag!Now,there is ANOTHER clan that uses [SPQR] tag......I haven't had any contact with them yet,and I can't say what ethics they apply to their dealings with other clans.I CAN say that {SPQR} does not tolerate our members abusing other clans and have a history of decimating(booting) said member at the first offense.I find it unlikely my men have done anything but defend themselves against Caligulas verbal assaults,and suggest perhaps this third party may be partially responsible.As for adding something such as a 2 to our tag to distinguish it from Caligulas,I don't believe anyone looking at our 2 different tags could possibly become confused as to which is which!Therefore I submit to you that our tags are sufficiently different.We have not stolen his name.It is indeed a popular one,not suprising given the nature of this game,and he was not established in Rome.I personally never played shoggi or medi online so I would not have known about Caligulas old Medi clan.And since he had no clan in Rome when we started,and he has no clan now,I really don't see what the conflict is,or from whence Caligulas angst springs.He does certainly seem bent about it,and that is unfortunate,but I don't really feel we are liable for it!And we will refrain from addressing Caligulas impuning our honor, in the spririt of compromise and negotiations in the hope that he will abandon this slanderous campaign and get on with the business of building his clan,as I do the same.Thank you for your time,Gentlemen....
Legate Bluntavius,Consul Legion I,Senatus Populusque Romani

SPQRphoenix
08-28-2005, 18:35
Hi I'm {SPQR}Phoenix{L-I} as previously mentioned. Now i played with dearest Caligula for months i believe right around when RTW came out and we recruited one player that I remember a SPQR--Cohart, who dissappeared pretty much after playing. I continued to check the clan website although for a while I became inactive. A) I myself have no problem with Caligula and would like that understood he was a mentor a good player and I'd like to say a friend for the months we played together - HOWEVER, my current clan {SPQR} in no such form stole the tag. Not to attack Caligulas "clan" there is nobody else in it to my knowledge - or somebody I have seen. Also - if anybody ANYBODY has gone out of their way to be malicious to Caligula I'd like everyone to know we at {SPQR} absolutely DO NOT TOLERATE PLAYERS WHO DEFAME AND INSULT OTHERS and have BOOTED MANY PLAYERS FOR THAT CONDUCT WHICH WE BELIEVE IS UNBECOMING OF WHAT OUR CLAN DESIRES TO REPRESENT. Our clan is composed of many people who I consider to be among the best, most considerate, and friendlist people I've met on any game or in real life. Although we have had bad apples - what clan hasnt? but we have dealt with them with great haste. Caligula I mean in NO WAY to attack you - but again I must stress that of the clan that I had joined with Caligula there were no more than 4 members - and I am doubtful that his current clan has a number of members comparable to our 20- some odd group. I feel bad that this has caused anxiety on both sides but I hope that we can agree that our clans are not stealing from another and are fair, independent, and seperate entities.

[WOT]{G}SparhawkI
09-11-2005, 13:11
Greetings
I am sparhawk - Emperor of Warriors Of Troy Clan

I have seen Caligula online , but only him ever with the tag in the form that he uses it

I also regularly see both [SPQR] & {SPQR}
now that is confusing - until this point I thought that they were both the same

we have an ex-member of one of them in [WOT] and I don't know which one , because I didnt know that there were two

Cali - talk to Phoenix , I'm sure that you will be able to sort it
You are both Players of Honour :)