PDA

View Full Version : Rome Total War Unleashed

King of Atlantis
07-28-2005, 07:19
Rome Total War Unleashed

comming soon to a forum near you!

PURPOSE:

I have begun work on a nice little mod. The purpose of this mod is to change some things to make a more enjoyable gamming experienc..

WHY THIS MOD?

Well, ive been playing many various mods and none of them had the stuff i wanted so i have started some simple text editing. This mod will attempt to achieve better gameplay, and realism here and there too!

WHAT HAS BEEN DONE

*all factions playable

*make all factions be switched to comfortable napolean,except parthia and scthia have comfortable genghis, these were shown to work best.

*Mercenaries have been re-worked
-carthages armies relied heavily on mercenaries, so i am adding many new mercenaries to their roster.
-Barbarian cavalry mercs available in britain.
-gestae avaible as mercs in galatia

*Buildings being re-worked
-government buildings now include a law bonus, to get rid of annoying squalor

*Worked on loading screens
-new colored loading bar to change things around a bit.

*Units being re-worked
-libyian spearmen now form phalanx
-unit constuction switched to zero, except units that were 2 are switched to 1
-War dogs and pigs only available in custom battles
-Carthginian and spanish troops are slighly better,but more expensive
-Gaul lost druids, but can still use in custom battle
-Britons druids can only be trained in Deva as they are now the "Druids of Mona".

*units now travel further on can now travel futher on map every turn.

*starting positions have been re-worked
-britons loose belgae,gaul gains it.
-Gaul looses celtibria, Iberia gains it.

*battles have been slowed down by raising defenses.

Im finished, but i need to get the files up somewhere. ~:cheers:

EPIRUS VERSION
*tired of playing the "anyone who is of greek culture faction". Greece was full of indepent states at the time so, i figured why not make greek cities, inot the powerful greek nation at the time, Epirus. Epirus will not have new units, but it will have a very defferent starting position. This version will be out shortly after I finish the main mod.

This mod is really a chance for me to get a better grip on modding, but im sure it will make for an intresting new game experience.

I will be doing no new graphics, but if skinners would allow/want their skin packs to be used, please P.M me or reply here.

Finally what do you guys want in the a mod. Im trying to make this as fun as
as i passibly can.

DOWNLOAD HERE (http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=604) ~:cheers:

RTW King
07-28-2005, 09:13
Sounds a bit like my realism mod.Click the link in my signature to look at the description.

King of Atlantis
07-28-2005, 09:20
yeah, i saw yours, but im just trying to learn more about modding and this could probably be used for my main mod Return of Atlantis. Plus im pretty sure im going to make greece epirus. Havent seen that done anywhere.

Chilly5
07-31-2005, 01:13
Hmmm, I suggest you join imperium total war, it's a realsim mod that is gona have eprius (a little like RTR and EB, only with slightly different factions, ie-eprius and mauyra) you could help them with text editing (and i think you have a photo-editing program, use it, learn it) I'm not sure how far they are though. This is the "new imperium's" thread:
http://s10.invisionfree.com/Imperium_Total_War/index.php?act=idx
the old one was just a realism mod.
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20377

King of Atlantis
07-31-2005, 08:41
Im thinking about asking to join, but im still learning to text edit. Anyways, this mod has been uploaded unto twcenter and should be available soon for download. It makes great improvement on vanilla.

As for photo-editing, i do have photoshop trial version(not sure for how long),but i still have no clue how to texture units.

Atheist_Peace
07-31-2005, 14:29
Hello King of Atlantis,

I replied to your post in the imperium thread and we would be happy to have you on the team and i can teach you more stuff with the text files and you have some good ideas, suggest them to us at imperium tw and they might get implemented, we are very much open to suggestions.

Anyone else who wants to visit our forums or if you can mod and would like to join the team, please visit the forums or pm me. thanks.

Gaius Drakan
07-31-2005, 15:52
Hello King of Atlantis,

I replied to your post in the imperium thread and we would be happy to have you on the team and i can teach you more stuff with the text files and you have some good ideas, suggest them to us at imperium tw and they might get implemented, we are very much open to suggestions.

Anyone else who wants to visit our forums or if you can mod and would like to join the team, please visit the forums or pm me. thanks.

You forgot to say the good old, "Welcome to the Imperium Total War team" ~:)

King of Atlantis
07-31-2005, 22:39
By the way everybody the mod is now out. ~:cheers: