View Full Version : Fall of the Republic - Rise of the Empire Mod Project

Centurion Cato
08-05-2005, 14:39
Please come over and check out our mod(s) As were more active there

http://forums.rometotalrealism.com//index.php?showtopic=561

Centurion Cato
08-05-2005, 22:24
What it's about

We aim to recreate all the major events between 107bc-120ad in the Roman world. Our intention is to divide the timeframe up into 9 different campaigns. Each campaign is based on famous Roman general, containing epic battles and scripted events. We are delivering a high level of realism by investing time & talent in historical research and game modification. By the end, each camapign will lead onto the next and will eventually evolve into a full package and it will be based on B.I. The idea is that the player can just switch between campaigns at will, and have a complete new experience each time.

Current Mods
The First Triumvirate 1.8 for RTW 1.5! The epic battles of Caesar, Pompey & Crassus!
To download:
http://forums.rometotalrealism.org/index.php?showtopic=17581

The FRRE mod campaigns

FMIR (The First Man In Rome)
Planned release (Spring/Summer 2006)

The Marius Campaign 107bc
You start in 107 in Utica. You must root out Jugurtha and destory him or risk the province being overrun. However be warned that haste is imperative as the German hordes are advancing towards Rome...

Victory conditions
Defeat the following factions:
Jugurtha
Teutones & Cimbri hordes
Sulla
Socii/Allies
.....More details to come :)

Sulla's Campaign 89 BC
You hold only Capua, but you have ample troops and commanders to destroy the rebel Samnite and Lucanian strongholds to regain control of south Italy. Meanwhile Mithridates of Pontus has the nerve to defy Rome’s authourity and to invade the province of Asia & half of the province of Achaea (Greece). However for you to rise to the rank of First Man In Rome you must fight Marius & his Mules to take control of Rome to obtain the war against Mithridates. Then you must choose to stay in Rome in order to hold your new power or crusade against Mithridates to ensure the glory of the Republic – but whichever you decide, the Marians are not down for the count!

Other Features:

More Campaigns to be annouced soon
Tuetonic Tribal Faction
Cimbri Tribal faction
New Skins

TFT 2
Planned release (Spring/Summer 2006)
Play as Caesar, Pompey or Crasuss in the civil war epic!

TST
Planned release (Late Summer 2006)
43bc -14ad
Second Triumvirate: Will have a larger and more epic starting point for Roman versus Roman warfare. The senate will not be a faction and all Roman factions will start the game balanced and at war with one another.
Anthony – Octavian – Lepidus

Campaigns in germania (Tiberius)
5ad – 43ad
Status =
Release date =
Unified Rome.
Features: Pannonian revolt, New Factions (Cherusci)

Conquest of Britain (Claudius)
41ad – 68ad
Status =
Release date =
Unified Rome.
Features: New Factions

The year of the four Emperors
69 ad – 98 ad
Status =
Release date =
Four roman factions

Trajan campaigns in the east
98ad – 117ad
Status =
Release date =
Unified Rome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Team
Orb
Founder & Developer
Stuie
Founder & Developer
Goth
Developer
DaVinci
Developer
Badlt
Beta Test Manager
Bucellarii
Historian
Echbart
Historian
Ahmose
Graphic Artist

Testers
BadLt
Burtonia
Empedocles
Slasher
the_celt23
MCM
SA

Special thanks:
We would like to say that this has been inspired by the RTR team and love having been supported and founded by their team members. Also we would like to thank The EB team, Warsprite, Ferres, Webbird, Abu, linedog, NGR, Prometheus, Rico, Epistolary Richard, Shigawire, Archer & tulius hostilius for permission to use some of their work.

Please post comments & suggestion
here (http://forums.rometotalrealism.com//index.php?showtopic=5871)

caesar44
08-07-2005, 10:53
[QUOTE=Centurion Cato]

[u]The First Man of Rome
Three Roman factions = Marius, Sulla & the Senate (non playable)
103bc – 59bc
Status = WIP
Map finished
Release date = August - September

Maruis campaign 103bc

The Marius Campaign
Your Holding are in North Italy and your aim is to defeat the Teutones & Cimbri to save Rome from barbarian invasion.
Then you must fight Sulla to take control of Rome and obtain the war against Mithridates of Pontus….. But beware, as Sulla grows stronger and will eventually attempt to oust you!

1. Great idea (looks hard to accomplish)
2. Why not start the campaign in 107 bce , then you have the war against Iugortha the king of Numidia (btw , Sulla served under Marius in Africa) .

Centurion Cato
08-07-2005, 11:54
@caesar44

Thanks!

Actually starting at 107bce would also be a good idea. And we may just do that to include the Jugortha and Maruis. It will mean we have to create an extra campaign for FMOR, but i think it will be worth it. See at the moment we have 5 campaigns for FMOR.

So yes it might seem hard to accomplish, but a lot of the work is already done. We wait to see what B.I has to offer, if anything...

Centurion Cato
08-07-2005, 12:52
<Place holder>

caesar44
08-07-2005, 21:54
Good luck !!! ~:cheers:

Silentio
08-07-2005, 22:47
"The young Commodus though possessed neither force nor elevation of character nor intelligence."

Sounds like you got that straight from Gibbons. Anyhow I would love to see a mod of this era, and I believe the three-family system would actually be made ot fit very well into this.

I would guess four Roman factions for that era.

Rhenish Legions= Clodius Albinus (skilled soldier, "captain of Senate")
Illyrian Legions= Septimius Severus (Ruthless, a good soldier)
Eastern Legions= Pescennius Niger (skilled bureaucrat, poor soldier)
Praetorians= Didius Julianus (a wealthy fool)

Centurion Cato
08-10-2005, 21:32
<Place Holder>

Centurion Cato
08-24-2005, 13:27
Thanks guys! ;-)

Ok,

A possible candidate for an early roman general in the FMOR mod (107bc).

https://img317.imageshack.us/img317/6152/untitled3copy5ke.jpg

What do you think?

Epistolary Richard
08-24-2005, 17:27
Love the legion system, Cato. Will you be using Webbird's 'Flag for every Legion' in this or are you designing your own?

I don't know if any of the historical characters you're highlighting had unique bodyguards, but maybe that's something else you could consider.

Centurion Cato
08-25-2005, 09:45
Love the legion system, Cato. Will you be using Webbird's 'Flag for every Legion' in this or are you designing your own?

I don't know if any of the historical characters you're highlighting had unique bodyguards, but maybe that's something else you could consider.

Well Webbirds flag for every legion doesn't really give you a flag for each legion in the game as you can only have one banner per faction. This is how i understand it. However, i have modified the standard bearer to have the legion flag instead. This means model space though, but i think i should be alright on that score. Webbirds work is amazing and i'll be using it to help me make my own legion flags.

I'll certainly be using unique bodyguards in the FRRE mods, for instance we have unique bodyguards in TFT at the moment. In the FMOR mod Sertorius will have a Spanish bodyguard.

Epistolary Richard
08-25-2005, 10:09
Well Webbirds flag for every legion doesn't really give you give a flag for each legion in the game as you can only have one banner per faction. This is how i understand it.

Yes, that's right. It would be a matter of using the flags on a specific model and having a different model for each standard bearer. It would be the kind of thing that only a mod which wasn't pushing its dmb limit could do.

Centurion Cato
08-25-2005, 10:13
Updated - In game & unit previews to come soon...

Centurion Cato
03-20-2006, 09:39
^^ :2thumbsup: