PDA

View Full Version : Which city should be "Roma" ?

Meneldil
08-05-2005, 17:04
Ok, the title might sound confusing, but in Vanilla RTW, to win, you have to conquer Rome.
After much thoughts about this, I didn't find any city that was as important in 843 as Roma was in the RTW era. So here it is, which city should replace Rome as a end game target ?

We could keep Rome, or use Constantinople, Jerusalem, Cairo, Alexandrie, Paris, etc.

I also need an answer to start editing, cause the game won't launch without a province called Roma in descr_region ~D

GoreBag
08-05-2005, 19:21
It's not possible to program alternate goals, like the "short campaign" goals in Vanilla?

Incongruous
08-05-2005, 23:40
uhh, I am confused, aren't we going to use BI?
ANYWAY, we could use Paris, Roma, Ravenna, Jerusaleum, Constantinople.
Oooh! ooh! We could use Jarusaleum if we have to use the Imperial campiagn, because that could then simulate the first Crusade. But If we use BI, will it matter?

Meneldil
08-06-2005, 09:13
If we use BI, it might not matter, but right now, I need ti create a Roma province on the campaign map, in order to have it working. It's probably going to be either Rome, Jerusalem, Constantinople or some Frankish Empire city (Aix la Chapelle, Paris)

Rodion Romanovich
08-06-2005, 12:39
I suggest Jerusalem, because the ending date of the mod is 1099 and the first crusade. Actually, Jerusalem was my initial plan for Roma. I also think we should put a wonder giving happiness bonus (the collossus of Rhodes) in Jerusalem. The name of the wonder could be "The holy city" or something like that. After all, all major religions of the time have a monument of it's own of great religious importance there: the Jewish temple, the Holy sepulcre (sp?) for the Christians and the Mosque of the Rock for the Muslims, and it would be strange IMO to call the wonder "temple and holy sepulcre and mosque of the rock".

caesar44
08-07-2005, 07:23
Jerusalem , that is , Yerushalaim , is a great idea !!! none the less , Rome was the seat of the pope and in 800 it became a city-empire again . it is hard to choose . cons' is good choice , damn , the possibilities !!! :dizzy2:

Randarkmaan
08-07-2005, 17:44
I think I read that in BI every faction will have it's own victory condition and that they will all be editable.