PDA

View Full Version : Asian Project recruitment: Anyone willing to help? (renamed)

countvlada
08-07-2005, 20:59
Hello ladies and gentlemen
We at the asian project are planning to create a supermod for rome totalwar barbarian expansion
This will include modding allmost all parts of the game so anyone with any skills in modding and who wants to be part of a modding collective should email theasianproject-requests@yahoo.co.uk
For more information email theasianproject@btinternet.com

Count vlad

dark_shadow89
08-07-2005, 21:41
Like I said before, I'd be willing to provide reference material (osprey book scans), I can text edit and make unit cards.

Myrddraal
08-07-2005, 21:48
what would the subject be?

caesar44
08-08-2005, 10:27
Time frame ?
Factions ?
Who ? what ? where ? why ? ~;) ~;) ~;)

Bwian
08-08-2005, 15:45
Simple law of supply and demand....

Demand : Lots of people aer trying to make mods, and lots of people are trying to change everything inthe game. Everybody wants modellers, skinners, text editors, scripters, map-makers.

Supply: About as common as rocking horse 'manure'.

The aim of any recruitment drive should be to make people WANT to work on your mod. They will ask themselves 'why should I spend my free time slaving over a project' .... they will ask themselves 'is this a realistically achievable project' ...and ' have they got a whelks chance in a supernova of making anything worthwhile'

Oh...and I always ask ' can this be done within the confines iof the RTW engine' to eliminate all the mods expecting to include aircraft, modern units fighting in line formations and such like. These are indications that the mod-leaders haven't got a clue, just a wacky idea they hope to find solutions for as they go along. I won't mention the Axis and Allies mod team here to spare their embarassment....

So...Post back with a good outline of what you want to make, what the mods scope is, and what sort of skills you need to fill out your team. Also let people know what skills YOU have. Coz personally, I would never work for a mod etam that wasn't headed up by a modder. God save us from teams with no modellers, skinners or map makers and fifty 'researchers'.

Also...since you mention you plan to build your mode for BI...might be advisable to wait until BI is out and we know what can be done with it...or else work on a RTW mod and port it over.

Silver Rusher
08-10-2005, 18:11
Well said Bwian ~:cheers:

countvlada
08-11-2005, 18:10
If anyone is interested email
requests-theasianproject@yahoo.co.uk
If anyone can provide information email
research-theasianproject@yahoo.co.uk or
information-theasianproject@yahoo.co.uk
or if you just want to find out about the asian project email
theasianproject@btinternet.com

Countvlada

TheMagicalMan
08-11-2005, 21:52
Might I refer you all to the thread "THe Asian Project", this will tell you more. Thank you.

The Magical Man

TheMagicalMan
08-11-2005, 21:56
"
Simple law of supply and demand....

Demand : Lots of people aer trying to make mods, and lots of people are trying to change everything inthe game. Everybody wants modellers, skinners, text editors, scripters, map-makers.

Supply: About as common as rocking horse 'manure'.

The aim of any recruitment drive should be to make people WANT to work on your mod. They will ask themselves 'why should I spend my free time slaving over a project' .... they will ask themselves 'is this a realistically achievable project' ...and ' have they got a whelks chance in a supernova of making anything worthwhile'

Oh...and I always ask ' can this be done within the confines iof the RTW engine' to eliminate all the mods expecting to include aircraft, modern units fighting in line formations and such like. These are indications that the mod-leaders haven't got a clue, just a wacky idea they hope to find solutions for as they go along. I won't mention the Axis and Allies mod team here to spare their embarassment....

So...Post back with a good outline of what you want to make, what the mods scope is, and what sort of skills you need to fill out your team. Also let people know what skills YOU have. Coz personally, I would never work for a mod etam that wasn't headed up by a modder. God save us from teams with no modellers, skinners or map makers and fifty 'researchers'.

###My personal exp. is text editing, camp map, & v.basic skinning/modelling.

Also...since you mention you plan to build your mode for BI...might be advisable to wait until BI is out and we know what can be done with it...or else work on a RTW mod and port it over."

###We are in the research stages, therefore we do NOT need BI out to start.

Thank you for your help, we appreciate. could I please direct you to the thread in this forum headed "The Asian Project".

We realise we may have problems, but we are solving them.

Thank you.

The Magical Man.

Epistolary Richard
08-12-2005, 11:23
Yeah, a more descriptive thread title would have helped in this case. I'll rename it to be more appropriate.