PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Community Mod!

CeltiberoMordred
08-09-2005, 16:05
I open this thread to announce MCM, or Multiplayer Community Mod.

For some months I've been altering the stats of Rome:TW in order to get a better balance among factions and a better gameplay experience when playing multiplayer.

Everything started when I decided to modify a bit the stats to custom the game more to my liking, but, in time, this minimod was growing and I think that it would be good that more people could enjoy with it, if they dare to give it a try ;).

All the mods I've seen til now have been focused on the imperial campaign and IMO they hadn't much care about this aspect of the game, being some of them simply non compatible with multiplayer, so I decided to do something about.

As I say, this is not a mod developed with the imperial campaign in mind, but you can play the campaign with it too, it's fully compatible. It improves the vanilla imperial campaign (at least to my liking), providing a much better battle experience. It also fixes a lot of bugs that are present in the vanilla version of RTW v1.2, so I recommend to play with this mod rather than original game.

With this mod I hope it won't be necessary to stablish rules to play with, such as 5 max, 8 cav max, no arty, no eles, no egypt, and a thousand more. The battle gameplay have been greatly improved using minimal changes.

I could show some pics, but the mod hasn't amazing graphics, that's not its purpose. There are some new skins and new units, and I've added new officers and banners, but that's all.

Download:(English version) MCM-v0.11 English (http://files.filefront.com/MP_Community_Mod_Eng_v011_/;4024601;;/fileinfo.html)

Download:(Spanish version): MCM-v0.11 Spanish (http://files.filefront.com/Multiplayer_Community_Mod_011/;4024533;;/fileinfo.html)

Give it a try, I'm sure you will be pleased with it.

Some tips for this mod

MCM it's a mod specially designed for multiplayer games: it encourages horsearchery and the skirmish phase before the melee, the engagements last longer, you will have time to manouver and being smarter to use cavalry properly; no more snowballs battles.

Javelins are powerful and they are a good substitute of archers now, Egypt can be picked again to play: in general, every faction is playable now, exhaustion now must be considered as an important parameter, the terrain is more important now and there is a better rock-paper-scissors system. And now you have also tons of maps to play with!

This is important: the mod is compatible with RTW 1.2. You can play this mod without any separated installation to play with: you can have installed the mod at the same folder of your vanilla RTW. The mod uses the feature moddir, so the only thing you will notice will be a new shortcut at your desktop, so, if you want to play the mod, you just have to click on it, and if you want to play the vanilla version, just click over the proper old shortcut.

Of course, to play multiplayer, everyone must have the mod installed.

This mod has been developed for large unit size, and battles with 10.000 denarii or less, so be careful: I strongly recommend not to play with more than 10k.

You must install the mod in a fresh copy of RTW with 1.2 patch.

The new features:

Campaign fixes

- Now praetorian cohorts and numidian, seleucid and armenian legionaries cannot be hired before Marius event

- Now seleucid cannot hire elephants everywhere.

- Thracia can now recruit pikemen with upgraded barracks.

- Spain can now recruit long shield cavalry and onagers in campaign.

- Loyalty bonuses from Jupiter temple have been rised from 10% to 25%.

- Pontic and Scythian generals are upgraded after Marius reform.

- Solved the issue with mercenary horse archers not being able to be recruited in Armenia.

- Solved the issue with numidian governors not being able to get priests as retinue.

- Druids as retinue members are purchased at the proper temple for gauls instead of dacians.

- Changes in triggers to get new ancillaries and traits.

Battle fixes

- Now horse archers can fire on the move.

- Solved the incongruences of anticavalry bonuses from Illyrians, Sarmatians mercenaries and armenian heavy spearmen.

- Praetorian cohorts now have good stamina, as others cohorts.

- Now thracian generals can rally units. No more wedge formation instead.

- Solved the blue color from spanish generals.

Imperial Campaign changes

- Populations, armies and starting treasuries have been adjusted.

- All factions available.

- Portraits and regional maps for every faction.

Battle changes

- Javelins are armor piercing.

- Morale raised to all units in 2-4 points.

- Lethality adjusted by .75x, excepting pikes.

- +1 defense and armour to every unit.

- +1 missile attack (+2 for javelins).

- Costs increased about 10% for missile, cavalry and siege units.

- Increased range of javelins from 50 to 65 and slings from 80 to 100.

- Adjusted speed by .9x factor.

- Exhaustion is depending of unit's armour.

- Anticavalry bonuses increased for spears and camels.

- Small changes in terrain bonuses.

- Thousands of new maps for custom and multiplayer battles.

- Adjusted the balance among some units and factions.

- 60 men unit size instead of 40.

- New flags and banners for roman factions.

- New officers.

- New textures.

- More influence of weather in visibility.

- General's bodyguard are now very cheap and can inspire nearby troops.

- Urban cohorts are not an uberunit anymore, it's just an elite urban militia.

- Triarii now can use gladius as secondary weapon.

- Headhurlers don't get tons of kills throwing heads, and now they use them before engagement, like legionaries. In exchange, now they frighten enemy troops.

- 19 new units to compensate some factions deficences, maintaining their variety and personality.

Special thanks to

- LAca , for his numidian skins.

- The Trivium and the SPQR mod team for some skins.

- Yuuki, Swoosh, Kyolic, Louis, Crandaeolon and in general clan Freedom Fighters por their colaboration and support.

- player1 and DrJambo for their bugfixes.

- Skull, for his help modelling textures.

- The betatest team: Skull, Acre, Amebo, Danielo, Yamamoto, Jenofonte, Malmeder and Capi.

- The clans Áurigas, Celtíberos and Devoti Custodes for their support.

Puzz3D
08-09-2005, 20:03
This mod gives very good gameplay in both multiplayer and single player.

Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe
08-10-2005, 07:53
I wish players will give it a try. I like that mod gameplay, if anyone feels like playing MP with it, let me know/ pm me.

It's what 1.2 shall have been.

Louis,

Obake
08-10-2005, 13:24
I'm downloading this as I write. If this plays the way that I hope it will, I may be making a return to MP!

t1master
08-10-2005, 19:20
then i will crush you obake :)

Obake
08-10-2005, 20:03
I suppose that 1 win in 4 years isn't that bad a record.......... for you! :duel:

Hunter KIng George
08-10-2005, 20:33
Sounds very interesting...need to try. ~:cool:

t1master
08-10-2005, 20:41
man if i could only win one game in four years, i wouldn't know how to act. ~;)

i'll dl the mod tonight and look for ya obake ~:cheers:

CBR
08-11-2005, 00:32
I'll sticky this one.

CBR

Mongoose
08-26-2005, 02:26
Downloading now.

The Hun
08-29-2005, 01:05
Too late I think. BI comes soon and none will play.

CeltiberoMordred
08-30-2005, 12:05
Too late I think. BI comes soon and none will play.

And? I will update MCM for BI and further official patches too ~:)

Jab 2
09-15-2005, 23:54
Keep getting page not found on the English download.

Jasaray
07-04-2007, 00:26
Does anybody still have a copy of this mod that they can upload somewhere, i would really appreciate it as i used to have fun playing this vs my flatmate and we would like to do so again, thanks.