PDA

View Full Version : A Dirty Deal - new mod

ShadesWolf
07-25-2002, 14:01
A Dirty Deal - ShadesWolf (24/07/2002) - (Draft one)

War resumes between Hungary and the Empire. Hungary worried about the advancing Byzantine conquest army, has send for help from the Pope.

An initial Italian Army arrives to discuss tactics with an advanced Hungarian unit at a small secret villiage location. The conquesting army has heard of this meeting and despatch a force to deal with it.

Can your army destroy this advance force before then main Hungarian army arrives.
www.members.aol.com/ihusselbee/dirtydeal.zip (http://www.members.aol.com/ihusselbee/dirtydeal.zip)

This needs to be placed in the first sicely folder

barocca
07-25-2002, 19:41
Sweet,
first time got confused by where the main army would be coming from...

second time around
284 kills, 284 losses, 200 prisoners!

------------------
Clan Doragons Medieval Website
Mods, Unit Descriptions and more
DoragonBarocca of Clan Doragon (http://doragon.cjb.net)

ShadesWolf
07-26-2002, 00:03
Did you win the batle thou ?

chilliwilli
07-26-2002, 01:13
I was confused the first time around also, but still pulled off 350 kills and a nice sum of prisoners. The first armies engaged my ally, I just took my medium calvary and out flanked the archers of the reinforcements that come later(while his spearman were occupied),and crushed their armies. I of course had no idea what was going to happen next, so while I was waiting I burned down the church on the right of the map. Then when the 2nd wave came I was totally unprepared they routed one of my crossbowmen units, but I engaged them quickly with my byzantine infantry and attacked the rear using my general unit. Then the yellow side brought their general to attack some units that were still near the church, but had no oppurtunity to attack his rear and sent all the kataphract units and a depleted infantry unit towards them and the general fled from the map. Then the pink side that routed my cross bowmen earlier attacked, but rather than engaging them my archers occupy them by skirmishing as my Byzantine calvary and other unoccupied archer units fired arrows upon them. As this was happening I took most of my calvary and attacked there now unguarded archers(my ally was also attacking another spearmen unit.) and routed one archer unit off the map, but then their spearman broke free of my ally and went straight for me! I then moved in The Byzantine infantry that I was holding in reserve and attacked them with my kataphracts and infantry. After a hard fought battle I triumphed and then turned my attention towards the archers once more. I routed another unit killing their general while I'm at it(at this time my ally had vanquished the yellow forces.). Then I divided my forces into 3 groups. 1 group prusuing the now routing archer unit, another attacking their last unit of archers, and all of my missle units firing on the spearman unit mentioned earlier. Shortly after the spearman routed and I rounded them up lke cattle using my Byzantine calvary. The archers were easily vanquished, the field was clear, and the only resistance was the remaining fuedal knights that routed that first unit of crossbowman. They fell without much effort.

ShadesWolf
07-26-2002, 01:53
So did u both enjoy it.

I have now beat it twice, so I need to make it a little harder. Maybe more enemy units with better honour etc.

I think having reinforcemnt arrive at a given point in a battle is a great idea. I wonder if this will be availalbe as an option in online gaming (I do hope so)

chilliwilli
07-26-2002, 01:59
I definately like it. What I would reccomend is that you add a 3rd wave. I had an abundance of forces after the 2nd. Also if the 3rd wave becomes to much just add another ally for the player.

Pachinko
07-26-2002, 03:23
Where is that 'sicely folder'. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/confused.gif

P.

Kraxis
07-26-2002, 04:09
Go look in the tutorial folder... there you will see all the tutorial maps and battles.
Extract to the Sicily folder and you are set.

Real nice battle... I thought I had won and was burning down a house with my Alans when the Hungarian (hard to believe that the Hungarians are led by a certain Abu) army arrived. They got mauled pretty badly as I scrambled to set up my forces. But because I managed to set up all my missileunits fast it was never a real challenge. Also my ally managed to take out the initial forces to the left. I hardly needed to help, and I held back due to the fighting take place in the woods.
I ended up with 253 killed, 283 taken and 180 lost.

[This message has been edited by Kraxis (edited 07-25-2002).]

Pachinko
07-26-2002, 04:21
Thanks alot Kraxis...Im an idiot for computers. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/tongue.gif

barocca
07-26-2002, 11:34
Yes shadeswolf, I won the battle,
i have noticed that routing allies cause even more of a morale drop in MTW than they did in previous total war games,
I always try to get in front of my AI allies, or be very very far away!

It is most enjoyable (sweet),
I am unsure if it needs to be too much harder though, I was rallying men from all over the field, forming them into little groups and marching them back to the battle!

(remember just because you can beat it does not everyone will, there are quite a few of these mods that i cannot beat, even though others can)

This mod is
loads a fun!

------------------
Clan Doragons Medieval Website
Mods, Unit Descriptions and more
DoragonBarocca of Clan Doragon (http://doragon.cjb.net)

ShadesWolf
07-26-2002, 13:24
So what is everybodies opinion.

Shall I just tidy it up (naming unit etc) or shall I make it a little harder......

Kraxis
07-26-2002, 17:43
After having tried it a couple of times after my initial try...

I have found it to be a challenge. My general died too fast in one battle, I won it but never got the end screen, and there was nobody hiding.
Those Feudal Knights are really nasty if you don't manage to thin them out before impact with your crossbows.
Also the AI was remarkably good, while the Hungarian force held me from the front the Italian force circled me and hit my flank. My Allagions there was not enough to stop them.

chilliwilli
07-27-2002, 21:34
I think it should be harder since I haven't lost it yet and when its over I have alot of troops left(that could probably handle another wave.), but I understand that not everyone will be able to beat it. Therefore, why don't you just tidy up the mod and do like many others have and make a hard and an easy version. It could benefit those that can beat it and those that cannot.

verysoon
07-31-2002, 03:01
Hi. I just want to know one thing? How do you get it to work? I see the Hungarian folder, bdf, but I don't see it listed anywhere on the adf file?

Also, how do reinforcemtns work? Is the 600 six hundred seconds? I would really like to know and use the information on my future MODs.

Thanks,
http://expeditiohistoria.web1000.com

ShadesWolf
07-31-2002, 03:09
The 600 is 600 seconds....

barocca
07-31-2002, 19:06
verysoon,
download the modding guide,

It is a copy of the online version, simply extract to a folder and you can read through the guide with out having to go online,

The Guide includes the reinforcements explanation...