PDA

View Full Version : some simple issues to be considered when using .cas extrctor

Moooul
08-14-2005, 17:24
hello everybody,

this is my first (right postioned) post in the scriptorium. i wrote it because i experianced several problems when i first tried to export a unit.
many people helped me a lot. ~:cheers: so here is what i got:

-first make sure u got all the programs needed.
-these are: 3d studio max 6.0 (i tried 5.0 for month till i got the point :-)
-newest version of the .cas extrctor (maxscript to be positioned in /script folder of 3dsm)

-check following in the controll bar at the right:
-all vertices weighted to one bone, and only one bone?
-uvw mapping has to be "collapsed to" (so u can't see it anymore)
-it is important to link weapons and shield properly to right/left hand bone!
-check ur schematic view there has to be only ONE "body" element besides the "scene root"

thats it so far if u got something interesting or useful links plz post.

edyzmedieval
08-20-2005, 16:39
Any idea why it doesn't work on 3DS Max 7 Trial version?!

The CAS extractor....latest one....

Moooul
08-21-2005, 11:42
nope no idea. i do not have any knowledge about maxscript so i can't say whats the matter. it seems to be only working with max 6.0

dark_shadow89
08-21-2005, 11:53
Moooul, please check your PMs

ScionTheWorm
09-09-2005, 11:23
Uvw do not have to be collapsed to. It just has to be beneath the Skin modifier in the stack.

Also, I would like to add:
- Watch out for merging another object, there might follow some duplicates of bones, if not all. Open what your merging into your scene and delete all bones - this way you'll have to reweight, but you won't have duplicates.

For testing out your weights, select a bone, go to Motion (wheel on right toolbar), Create key: Rotation, and rotate the bone in some directions. This is how it will work in-game. Undo after, or if you screw up, click Rotation (under create key) and in Euler parameters, choose X, and set Value to 0,0. Do this for Y and Z too. This is very helpful for custom cloaks ~;)