PDA

View Full Version : Who is doing what ?

Meneldil
08-14-2005, 19:00
Well, since there seems to be a lot of people involved in the mod, I'd possibly like to know who is doing what ?

I'm currently fixing the purple glitches on the campaign map, then I'll start adding rivers and provinces.

What about Skeletors and Scion ? Which skins/models/whatever are you working on right now ?

ScionTheWorm
08-14-2005, 19:08
I've done:
- faction icons (-2 or something)
- about 10-12 units

I'm making music
And taking a brake in making skins, will get back to it

Last one I was working on was scottish ridire I think. next should be a mounted irishman

I'm planning to:
- continute making units
- make a proper template in max for presenting these units
- make a tune or two first... ~D

Meneldil
08-14-2005, 19:12
Would you mind posting some screenshots ? ~;)

Rodion Romanovich
08-14-2005, 19:23
See the factions thread. I've only inserted a fraction of all screenshots posted in the different threads here so far, but they're quite good in the meantime.

I'm doing the campaign map (with Meneldil), general PR, recruiting, research and coding, writing faction descriptions etc., and am basically taking care of filling the spots where we don't have others doing the work.

ScionTheWorm
08-14-2005, 19:29
none of the gaelic unit shots is done work, they're different now. when I continue the modelling and skinning, you'll get them.

and about the saxons, I'm also unsure. if historically correct, I think they look quite nice - at least the unarmoured. The other ones I might change a little on.

Meneldil
08-14-2005, 19:47
Nice units :)

My only rant is the nose guard helmet, but I think you said that's because you don't have a model for this helmet yet.

I've almost completly removed the purple things from the map

Rodion Romanovich
08-14-2005, 19:55
Great! Please send the new file to me as soon as you're ready, it's easier to do the heights map if I have a correct map_ground_types in a psd layer below. Can you remove some of the fertility in southern and middle France too, or should I do that? Finally, are the special, secret plans for rivers working out as planned, or will we have to use normal ones for all rivers, including the Seine and the Dnepr?

I found out map_heights was more complicated to do that I thought. My first attempt to remove the bad edges at the coastline didn't work so I'll have to go through the map pixel per pixel again. I found as simple solution of doing it by using a new layer, so I don't have to wait with doing it until I've finished the rest of the map. I also experimented a little with smoothness and size of mountain/hill pieces and have realized that I will probably have to go through the entire map once or twice, region by region, after I've done a rough first sketch. Anyway, Meneldil, can you work from a rough map_heights version, or do you need the final one before you can do the things you were going to do (features etc.)? I can have a rough version finished in two to three days if necessary, but that version will then have to see a lot of detail changes.

Meneldil
08-14-2005, 20:41
Well, I could work with a rough version, but problems might occur later on (nothing serious I think)

QuickDagger
08-15-2005, 03:02
Hy,

I´m skinning. Viking shields right now !

Dagger out !