PDA

View Full Version : Balancing SuperMod

Meneldil
08-14-2005, 21:22
Since RTW isn't that great, and while waiting for AoVaF or EB mods, I'm playing BKB's supermod. The mod is great, but I always seem to see the same unbalance issues, so I decided to try to balance the game a bit better, and to mod a few things, with BKB's agreement.

My first aim will be to balance all the different new units. Due to the - huge - amount of new units, some are grossly overpowered, or useless, and I think we could do a bit better with a lot of testing
My second aim will be to balance factions. In early, I always faces either the Almoravid or the Byzantine, in high, the Almohad, etc. Factions such as the GH can't really put up a fight against the Russian, and I'd like this to be changed. The same goes for the Seljuk (who always ends up dying) and the German (at war with all the surrounding factions after 2 or 3 years).

Any help would be gladly accepted. If you see a big unbalance, and more or less know how to edit unit stats, you'll be useful ;)
Of course, if BKB changed his mind about that, I'll make the changes for my own version.