PDA

View Full Version : Scottish faction?

King Hob
08-19-2005, 01:22
Hi, if there is a Scottish faction i have done a bit of research on scottish Medeival armies from about the 1250's to 1450 sort of period. Have a couple of skins working and looking not too bad for Lowland spearmen and a highlander. Have come up against 2 main probs :furious3: First i am looking for a skin that has both a full sheild and chest area, to do non-symetrical heraldry on. Second i am having problems modding types with 2 handed weapons. The game has only a couple of skins and cas's neither of which works well on a mid ages type. I have modded my Highland spearman replacing the fs_spearman with the fs_2handed. It works fine exepth that the figure is waving about a spear rather tha an axe. Any idea how to modify the skin.
Welcome to the skins etc i have if you want them, will post them for you anon.

All the best with the mod
King Hob

Ignoramus
08-19-2005, 01:48
Yes, there will be a Scottish faction.

Uesugi Kenshin
08-19-2005, 04:33
Could you post links to the skins so we can take a look?

Narayanese
08-19-2005, 11:08
Hi, if there is a Scottish faction i have done a bit of research on scottish Medeival armies from about the 1250's to 1450 sort of period. Have a couple of skins working and looking not too bad for Lowland spearmen and a highlander. Have come up against 2 main probs :furious3: First i am looking for a skin that has both a full sheild and chest area, to do non-symetrical heraldry on. Second i am having problems modding types with 2 handed weapons. The game has only a couple of skins and cas's neither of which works well on a mid ages type. I have modded my Highland spearman replacing the fs_spearman with the fs_2handed. It works fine exepth that the figure is waving about a spear rather tha an axe. Any idea how to modify the skin.
Welcome to the skins etc i have if you want them, will post them for you anon.

All the best with the mod
King Hob
We have our own animation for two-handed spears.
Where did you learn that highlanders used twohanded spears and the lowkander spear and shield?
Could you show screenx please or even better upload the skins (also say what models they're using). If you show your sources I can improve the model. :medievalcheers:

King Hob
08-19-2005, 22:37
Hi, i think we have our wires crossed a bit. I was trying to mod an axe man from a spearman and in shifting to a fs_2handed to see what happened the figure used the spear two handed like an axe. Am still looking for how to do the figure the way i want.
I will tell you what i will do, I will put together some bits and peices on the medieval Scottish army for you and post it in a few days along with the skins and the cas i used on them. The Scotts actualy had a very complicated army in terms of it's make up, influenced by the Angles, the Celts and the Vikings.
I am very busy right now, so you will have to wait a couple of days. Thanks for the intrest though.

King Hob

King Hob
08-30-2005, 09:51
Hi, have tried to post those skins and send you the inof about the Scottish faction Seem to have run into technical probs. Any advice?

King Hob