PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Clan

Sjakihata
08-20-2005, 22:07
Greetings,

Im looking for a casual clan to play with. I don't want to be tested in order to join the clan - skill is nothing I value much, it can always be learned. More do I care about personality and virtues.

I've been around the totalwar series for a long time, long enough to know how the game work, so don't worry - you wont get a newbie in the clan.

I probably cannot adhere to any strict playing schedule, however, I can promise that I can play at least 1 time every week, and normally much more than that.

Hope there is some clan out there for me

:bow:

King Ragnar
08-20-2005, 22:42
look at my sig we dont expect people to be great at the game just to have respect and honour and be committed pop over to our forums for more info. We dont bite :),lol

Sjakihata
08-20-2005, 22:46
woof - I do

tibilicus
08-20-2005, 23:02
As mentioned by King Ragnar above we don't expect people to be THE best total war player ever. Nor do we ask you play non stop total war. Many of our players are casual and play a modest amount of time with out it hampering there out of total war activities. We are currently in a TWl torunement and we wish to involve the clan in many more when we grow bigger. We don't ask that every one plays in competetive matches. It is compleatly your chocie if you want to or not and we don't reject members one bit who just wan't to play for fun.. We are a fairly new clan but have picked up a good few members already. Most of the clan (minus King Ragnar ~;) ) are a nice bunch of guys and are always up for a laugh. As mentioned above visit the forums for more info.
Thanks
Tibilicus

Sjakihata
08-20-2005, 23:05
all right, cool.

I guess Leo Honorius means something like Lions of Honour? Anyway, im checking out your forum

doh - just saw your sig....

General_Sun
08-21-2005, 00:01
Look at my sig also, we're one of the most easy going clans around.

And we don't use a free host either. ~:)

Wishazu
08-21-2005, 13:39
Hi Sjakihata, i think i remember your name from back in the shoggy days. anyways, my clan, The Vandal Horde invites you to pay us a visit. You can check out our forums by clicking the link in my sig. The only requirements we have is that you have at least some skill, which i believe you most probably do and that you dont bring the clan into disrepute etc. Also, most of our members are signed up to the CoH- Code of Honour, this isnt a requirement though, you can find out all about in the Code of Honour forums in the rome multiplayer forums :)

We are still looking for a couple more members before we end our current recruitment drive. I hope to see you around :)

Sjakihata
08-21-2005, 13:46
nice - I'll check it out right away

Sjakihata
08-21-2005, 14:13
I just played a couple of games with Taurus and I got pwned. Damn, rome changed so much since mtw.

The fact that you normally use 6 archers totally surprised me - and also that you can actually upgrade the archers with weapon which AFFECT the arrows and not the archers h2h like in shogun and medieval.

I guess I need to play a couple of games with the massas to get the pulse of rome, the way it has changed to me seems strange.

I imagine the normal army composition being something like this: 6 archer units, 6 phalanx-ish units, 4 sword units and 4 cavalry units. Roughly. It seems the flexibility has disappeard and that battles will look VERY similar.

I think I'd prefer to play this game with a max 3 rule or something. Anyways, Im off to learn the game

King Ragnar
08-21-2005, 14:52
And we don't use a free host either. ~:)

Is this a dig at our clan because we use free hosting, very immature and sad really.

Taurus
08-21-2005, 14:57
I just played a couple of games with Taurus and I got pwned.

~:cheers:

GG's mate.

and also that you can actually upgrade the archers with weapon which AFFECT the arrows

Yes, it is recommended that in mp you should upgrade your archer's weapons and armour as much as possible. However do not upgrade your archers with chevrons as they do nothing unless you plan on using your archers in hand to hand combat.

I think I'd prefer to play this game with a max 3 rule or something.

Well most clans tend to use a max rule with all units. e.g max 5 cav, max 6 of any unit etc. This is to prevent players spamming all cav armies etc.
Also we used the max rules did we not. Good games btw.

Craterus
08-21-2005, 15:11
I'm pretty sure chevrons increase the missile attack as well as the melee attack.

Taurus
08-21-2005, 15:12
I'm pretty sure chevrons increase the missile attack as well as the melee attack.

Chevrons increase the melee attack I'm sure as I stated above. Also Chevrons do increase missile attack but its not really worth is as it is very expensive.

tibilicus
08-21-2005, 16:06
From what I hve allways know chevrons afect the units moral. That is why there is no point in using chevrons on a low moral unit like archers as there moral is so bad anyway.

Sjakihata
08-21-2005, 16:32
From what I hve allways know chevrons afect the units moral. That is why there is no point in using chevrons on a low moral unit like archers as there moral is so bad anyway.

in other total war series chevrons (aka honour) increased the morale and for every odd number it gave extra attack, and for the even numbers it gave a defense.

Don't know how it is in rome tho

NihilisticCow
08-21-2005, 16:51
Each chevron gives a unit 1 additional attack, 1 defensive skill and 1 point of morale. You shouldn't use it for archers as defensive skill is a parrying ability, so only used in hand to hand fighting, not for missiles (unlike armour), so you would be paying almost twice as much money just for an attack upgrade.

Dutch_guy
08-21-2005, 16:59
Chevrons give an up to morale, as well as to missle ( +1) and melee (+1) , that way a 2 silver chevron Leg. Cohort is one of the most all round heavy infantry.

:balloon2:

Craterus
08-21-2005, 18:04
If you have gold attack, and 3 bronze chevron, you will have better missile attack than just gold attack. But still, money could be better spent elsewhere.

Sjakihata
08-21-2005, 18:26
No longer valid I am now a proud member of Leo Honorius

Taurus
08-21-2005, 19:58
Congrats! ~:cheers: :balloon2: :balloon2: :bow:

Craterus
08-21-2005, 20:27
Hooray! *cheer* *cheer*

Oh yeah, if you look in our first recruitment thread, you can find the LH sigs that Quietus made, if you want one.

General_Sun
06-29-2007, 05:07
Is this a dig at our clan because we use free hosting, very immature and sad really.

I respectfully disagree. It just goes to show that we're slightly more serious about what we do. The Generals Clan is 3 years old, if age gives some validity.