PDA

View Full Version : How do I log-on for Multiplayer?

RTW King
08-21-2005, 16:20
I've never played MP RTW before. How do I log-on? Heres exactly what I did:

1. Typed in the CD key into change CD as it used to say it was invalid
2. Went to log-on, changed player name to rtwking, but it said log-in failed.

What do I need to do to play MP?

Craterus
08-21-2005, 18:05
You need a valid CD Key. Any reason as to why your cd key is invalid? If it's all legal, then you want to contact CA or somethng.

RTW King
08-21-2005, 18:41
Yes its all legal. I made a mistake when typing it in first time. Forgot to put the dashes inbetween each section. The CD Keys now fine, but now it says log-in failed when I type in my name. Do I need to do something to register for multiplayer. I did install Game Spy.

Sjakihata
08-21-2005, 18:56
I think you need to register a user with gamespy, im not sure tho. But try it.

Lord Preston
08-21-2005, 19:02
not so, i can change my name everytime i log in if i wished.

check your firewalls to see if RTW is allowed to connect to the internet/act as server

Sjakihata
08-21-2005, 19:03
yes, I can change my name as well, I just know you needed to register with mtw and shogun

Sjakihata
08-21-2005, 19:50
Well, sometimes, especially right after a game, I get the Failed to log on message as well - I think it's just gamespy screwing up

RTW King
08-21-2005, 20:13
So how do I register to Game Spy?

Taurus
08-21-2005, 20:22
I don't think registering at Gamespy is a solution to your problem but by all means try it.
I would say that it is most likely a problem with your firewall or anti-virus program. Not sure though.

Jochi Khan
08-23-2005, 19:27
You do not need to register with Game Spy to play MP.
Just enter the name you want to use. You can change it at any time if you want to when you are logging in.

Are you running Windows XP?

If so, do you have your windows firewall 'exceptions' set to allow the game to connect to the internet?

Do you run Zone Alarm firewall?

Here again you need to set the program settings to allow the game to connect to the internet.

Your antivirus program shouldn't have any affect on your game log on.

Re check your cd key. Make certain that it is typed in EXACTLY as it is on your cd case or game manual.
Letters are lowercase .... 0's are numbers (zero's)

Good luck

Jochi