PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Gods

RTW King
08-22-2005, 17:56
This is a mod I planned to help me learn skinning, kind of like King of Atlantis with his War of the Heavens mod. Don't worry Britain TW Team, I'm still working on your units, send more pics soon. Sorry if this has a crap storyline but this mod is just practise.

This mod is set on another planet. At first, the only race was men, great and noble, who worshipped the Gods of their Heavens. These gods they worshipped were only minor gods, who served the greater gods far away. However, one of the minor gods turned to the Dark Side, and the Dark Lord, leader of all evil gods, gave him great power.

By this stage, the race of men was failing. They were less noble now, some were turning wicked and no longer worshipping the good gods. The new evil god took advantage of these mens evil and turned them into his servants. Now a great war will break out, which will include all the great and noble men, all the evil men, and all those who do not yet have an allegiance.

These are my ideas for the teams so far. They're all names I made up, might sound like something out of LOTR though.

Factions:

Good:
Kingdom of Glondorinien (excellent soldiers, especially archers)

Evil:
Kingdom of Gorbad (cheap, weak soldiers, some excellent infantry, wolves)

Undecided:
Anoroth (weak infantry, great cavalry and archers)
Naufinien (strong infantry and phalanxes)
Galhadoran (excellent archers, good at ambushing)
Wildmen of the North (barbaric, fanatical infantry, chariots)

Units:

Kingdom of Glondorinien:

Town Guard: These are simple peasants given some weaponry and armour for defence. They are given quick training, but are more for keeping order in the towns and cities than fighting on the battlefield.

Swordsmen: These are the backbone of a Glondorinien army. They are skilled and well armoured swordsmen, and are particularly effective against enemy infantry

High Swordsmen: These are the true elite in any 'good' army. They are very well armoured, and wield a great sword with incredible skill. These men are great and noble even for their kind, and it shows on the battlefield.

Men of the West: The old blood of their noble ancestors still runs strong in these men. They are noble, fearless warriors, armed with a mighty swords, heavy armour and a large shield.

Spearmen: These are levy soldiers, given little training, but enough weapons and armour to defend themselves against reasonably strong opponents. They are particularly effective against cavalry.

Guard of the Twin Cities: These are heavily armoured soldiers who can form an almost inpenetrable phalanx. These are superior soldiers, almost invincible to attacks from the front.

Archers: These are standard archers, who can inflict serious damage to lighter opponents, but are best kept out of melee combat, as their only protection is leather armour.

High Archers: These are truly elite archers who can devastate enemy archers at huge range. They can also perform reasonably well in melee combat thanks to their heavy armour.

Knights of the West: These noble men ride to battle on great war-horses, and can simply roll over enemies thanks to thier heavy armour and great lances.

Wizards: These are the lowest wizards, but nonetheless great and powerful. They fight on foot, and fight well in melee combat. They can also encourage allied soldiers in battle by chanting spells.

Great Wizards: These are powerful and wize men, who make up the council which runs the Kingdom of Glondorinien. They are misleading in battle, as although they look like un-armoured, weak men, they give enemies a nasty surprise when they shoot balls of fire at them!

Kingdom of Gorbad:

Slaves: These are the workers of the Dark Lord. They are his most simple servants, and fight with only a small dagger. They also have poor morale on the battlefield, their place is at their evil lairs, not on the battlefield.

Wraiths: These are the standard warriors of the Dark Lord. They are armed with an axe and a small shield, and have enough training to form proper formations.

Wildmen Traitors: These men come from the barbaric tribes that chose to join the Dark Lord instead of the new barbarian alliance. They are strong warriors, and their terrible war-paint makes them fearsome opponents to face in battle. They are armed with a small shield and a great sword.

Black Legions: Truly feared across the known world, the black legions are mighty opponents, the most disciplined warriors available to the Dark Lord. These men are well armoured, and can form a Testudo to make themselves almost invincible to ranged attacks.

Black Horsemen: These are light horsemen, riding small but vicious horses who have been brought up in their evil lands. They are armed javelins and a small shield, and are weak in melee combat.

Anoroth Traitors: These men have deserted their people to serve the Dark Lord. They are superb horsemen, and can inflict serious casualties on enemies even from long range with their superb bows. However, these men are not as strong fighters as the true men of Anoroth.

Hell Knights: These headless horsemen strike fear into the hearts of enemies. Their appearance can make enemies flee before they even reach them, allowing them to easily ride the enemies down.

Wolves: These terrible beast strike fear into enemies, and are fearless themselves. With one bite they can easily kill a man, and can even bite through leather armour. Obviously, wolves are not disciplined, and can run around madly in battle once combat starts.

Wizards: These men can fight reasonably well in melee combat, but are best used for summoning spells to encourage their wicked allies in battle.

Great Wizards: These dark hooded men can appear to be weak, but are excellent melee fighters. Oh, and they can also shoot balls of fire huge distances.

The only help I would need with this mod would be a modeler and one or two poeple to help with text editing. If your interested in helping, just post here. I'll send pics of my work soon.

King of Atlantis
08-23-2005, 01:38
Well, doing a mod like this still takes a LOT of work. I recommend only doing two factions. That should last you plenty long.....