PDA

View Full Version : not modding, so much as tweaking

miska
09-02-2002, 22:41
I have made some tweaks to the single player full campaign. I was wondering whether there are comments or suggestions lurking around here from the more experienced players:

1) After having a very good campaign wrecked by a squadron of suicidal tarts, I set the geisha house to 0 in build.txt for all daimyo types.

2) After having a very good campaign wrecked by two guys with swords, I set kensai to 0 in antiunits.txt for all daimyo types.

3) In order to get more politically realistic behaviour out of the other daymios, I increased all threshold levels, especially the ones for major invasions. Now instead of unholy chaos casting Japan down into a hell of pillage and massacre, I have relative stability interupted by major wars. The daimyos now build up much larger forces before invading each other. They also wait until they think they have a good chance of winning.
The end result is that wars are progressive. For example, the campaign will typically start with an Oda invasion of the ronin. When the Ronin rush to defend, I (Mori) invade them. As their forces get reduced, everyone jumps into Ronin territory for a piece of the pie. There is then a period of stability during which everyone builds up. One of the larger factions will then attack one of the smaller ones and things get really interesting from there.

I have seen elsewhere that people tend to lower the thresholds to get more action. I have found that I like less but more intense and realistic action.

Sjakihata
09-02-2002, 22:48
Yes, I agree with you. The pattern should be (----peace----)[-WAR-](----peace---)[-WAR-]

get the picture.. ?

Also that is more historical accurate...

barocca
09-03-2002, 03:03
miska,
sounds very nice,

write all the changes you made into a readme.txt file,
(you don't have to be totally specific with by how much you increased the thresh-holds, if people want to investigate that they can compare your version with the standard one)

Then add all the files you changed and the readme file to a zip file and upload your campaign tweaks to the org,
http://www.totalwar.org/site/upload.php3

What you have made is a mod, and we would be happy to host it for other players to download and enjoy.
:-)
Barocca

miska
09-03-2002, 03:24
thanks! I will make a few more changes and then I will upload the file (after a bit of testing).