PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly New maps; custom Images

Ithaskar Fëarindel
09-03-2002, 06:01
Wow this is what Mods looks like?

Anyway, has anybody noticed you cannot use custom map images? Unless you know how to make a rotating screenshot of your map. (??)
I know you can put 716x120 images in the battle\mapimages folder but there is no point in that.

Also, when you save a new map it goes into the savemaps folder - fine. But like in STW/MI we had all maps in the battle\maps folder, so I moved a map I'd made into there. Except when I selected the map to play it, the game crashed to Windows...
I guess that means adding maps in the batttle\maps folder looks pretty much out of the question.

So we're stuck with maps having to stay in the savemaps foder (which isn't too bad as everyone will have to do this) + the inability to ever add custom images to them.

------------------
Fëa-Quendi

barocca
09-03-2002, 08:49
this is a patch request issue!!!

we still don't have the game here, but i will copy this into one of the patch requests
:-)

Kraellin
09-04-2002, 06:24
i havent studied this, but isnt that 'rotating' image just a .tga file that they scroll across to make it look like it's rotating? in other words, you shld be able to place a .tga file in there of the same size and do the same thing. the programming shld handle the scrolling and not the .tga itself.

K.

------------------
The only absolute is that there are no absolutes.

Ithaskar Fëarindel
09-05-2002, 06:08
I don't think they are Kraellin. The reason I can't be certain is that I can't even find those picture files. So far I have only found the 716x120 images I mentioned above...

Anybody know where they are?

------------------
Fëa-Quendi

GilJaysmith
09-05-2002, 06:37
The map images for the system maps are in \battle\mapimage and are 716x120x8bpp LBM files.

Ideally you should put a picture in each subdirectory for what the map looks like in each terrain type which it supports, and in winter.

I haven't tried putting pictures named after a custom map into those directories; it might work.

------------------
Gil ~ CA

quote:
MagyarKhans Cham:
jeeez what brilliant mind programmed that?

Ithaskar Fëarindel
09-05-2002, 07:08
LOL I get it Nnow. Damn me for being the fool. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Fëa-Quendi