PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed MOD Features and Factions

NagatsukaShumi
08-16-2002, 05:15
Medieval : Missing Links-The Truth

Ok, now the game has gone gold, and I truly know enough about the game to confirm features, I'm going to do just that. Now many have heards very little about my MOD's, but now I am going to attempt to wow a few more people and maybe get a little fanclub http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif. Now from the beginning my goals were simply to get a bit more well known amongst the community, now I'm hoping that I can infiltrate CA's hearts of stone http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif (They know I'm only kidding, I hope.....). When the idea first came in my head, I planned on making one MOD that would feature twelve new factions, and I did not really go into much more thought than that. When I first posted about this MOD I was worried about what the reaction would be to the idea, I thought that very little of you would care about it, simply because, at best I'm a small fish in the Total War empire currently. Well now I know that quite alot of you are interested in the MOD's, so I've decided to release more info on it over time, but now, this is the big one. Basically in this preview I will go as in-depth into the MOD as I can possibly think, so expect the full list of factions and what order you cna expect them to appear, plus some will have who will be included into the MOD with them.

The last word on faction replacement.

Now this got alot of discussion after it was announced first of all and has gone under vigorous thinking sessions on numerous occassions, and now it has been finalized and not one comment could possibly change this now as I feel it is perfect and will work extremely well. Basically every MOD that is released will be centered around the titled faction, so when I release say Missing Links-The Mongol Hordes then that MOD will concentrate on the Mongols mainly. So basically when the MOD is downloaded you will get three folders, one will be titled single, while the other will be titled full and the finall simply backup which contains the files you need so you can go back to the original stats whenever you wish to. What this means is as follows- One (Single) will contain files that shall only modify one faction in the game, while the other (full) shall put the titled faction into the game along with other factions that would have influenced their history more then the current factions would have (For example, Lithuania's full MOD would add factions like the Teutonic Order for them to interact with). So simply, single is a slight change to the game and full is a full on MOD but much more historically accurate.

Who's included and what order are they been added in?

Well, here's a large list on the confirmed factions (Though some need to be checked when I can fully see the map, a ? will represent those plus others which are yet to be confirmed) (They are in order too)

1-Mongols
2-Lithuania
3-Scotland
4-Hungary
5-Ak Koyunlu
6-Kara Koyunlu (?)
7-Ireland
8-Sweden
9-Kiev
10-Teutonic Knights
11-Malta
12-Papal States
13-Mameluks (?)
14-Ottoman Empire
15-Malta
16-Wales (?)
17-Norway
18-Switzerland
19-Aragon

Well theres the list of more or less confirmed factions and the order they'll be released in, now along with any comments you may have please feel free to ask for other factions to make it's way in, please feel free to add them.

Now here's a little list of who will definately be joining each faction in their full campaigns

Mongols-HRE, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, Kiev, Alomhads, Ak Koyunlu

Lithuania-Poland, Hungary, Kiev, Teutonic Knights, HRE, France, England, Alhomads, Byzantine

Scotland-England, Ireland, France, HRE

Hungary-Poland, HRE, France, Mongols

What about the original factions?

They'll be improved if I feel they need to be personally, of coarse some of you may not, but if I feel they do I will do so, you don't have to download them if you feel strongly against it.

What about the units? Camels for the Mongols?

The units will be changed too, so no the Mongols would never control say Camels for examples. What I shall simply do is replace them with sprites of units also in the game and give them different names and different statistics, but obviously for the Mongols a few of the people will be ported from Shogun:The Mongol Invasion, along with their music. Now some of you may disagree with this, but that's what will happen, I feel there'd be more complaints if factions were appearing with units they obviously wouldn't use in real life.

Music?

Well I'm going to try and change the music for each one, the Mongols will be easy obviously but the rest will be tough, some may just get the current music that suits them best, plus I'm trying to keep down the file size so it won't take ages for you to download.

Generals?

All Generals will too be renamed, not historically accurate ones, just to the correct style of names.

Kings?

All Kings will get renamed obviously for realism, plus new pictures shall be added so Genghis Khan will get his own picture etc.

What will you be most proud of?

Erm, I have no idea right now. Probably the fact that I will have contributed something to the community and helped make the game better for you, the fans.

What about balancing?

I shall indeed be balancing the units in every MOD, just so it's more accurate.

How historically accurate will the MOD's be?

Extremely accurate hopefully as I will undoubtly get help from the community as far as accuracy goes. Basically the single campaign will concentrate on gameplay, but the full on historical accuracy.

Any other features?

Well if things bug anybody about the game I'll do my best to remedy them. Like the time limit, I shall try to edit that to make it a bit longer you campaign but nothing bizzare like 9999 as the end year. Erm, I can't truly think of anything else, any questions please feel free to ask them.

Sjakihata
08-30-2002, 19:29
Why are there two factions called malta?

And I believe that norway belonged to Denmark ...

------------------
*bows* - Power to the Sultan!

Clan Seljuk

NagatsukaShumi
08-31-2002, 07:06
Dunno, must have put Malta in twice by mistake, and like I've said, I've done no reasearch yet so I dunno who owned what etc.

Amalric
08-31-2002, 22:01
NagatsukaShumi,

oh great master of the Mod

Can you push me in the right direction toward making mods of my own? I am very interested in adapting the MTW/STW engine to alternate settings. I would love to create a map of Middle Earth, or Robert E. Howards Hyborean Age (the age of Conan), and set to it. How on earth do I get started, or should I sip a beer and sigh, and wait for your upcoming masterpiece, the Dark Ages?

Amalric

NagatsukaShumi
08-31-2002, 22:10
Well, Modding is pretty simple when you get used to it.

Currently, changing the map is not known by anyone so sorry, you wouldn't be able to make Middle Earth or anything like that, which is why I am sticking to making MOd's set in Europe.

It'd probably be best to wait for the first in the three of the Roman MOD's to be released, then you can simply look at the files I provide to change the game and then compare them with the originals to see what I've done to get stuff to start working properly.

And I'm glad you think my MOd's are masterpeices, but remember I'm not the only one doing them so credit goes to others as well on the Roman ones, just Missing Links is been done by me.

Sjakihata
09-01-2002, 15:19
Amalric talk to Mithrandir, then the two of you can confort each other, he like fantasy worlds too. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
*bows* - Power to the Sultan!

Clan Seljuk

NagatsukaShumi
09-01-2002, 17:09
I don't know Akech, can't trust Mithrandir with the newbies, he may try and create a Miny Mith.

Orda Khan
09-02-2002, 22:10
Keep us posted on the Mongol MOD http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif

What units are you thinking of using?

Mongol heavy cav
Mongol light cav archers
Mongol warriors
Steppe horsemen?...conscripts
Seige weapons?
Alan mercenaries?....conscripts

Considering the nomadic tribes conquered and the Persian seige craft and engineers used during the Mongol invasion of Russia and Europe these units would be considerably historically accurate

.........Orda

------------------
" Send us your ambassadors and thus we shall judge whether you wish to be at peace with us or at war..if you make war on us the Everlasting God, who makes easy what was difficult and makes near what was far, knows that we know what our power is."

NagatsukaShumi
09-02-2002, 23:30
We'll see dude.

dclare4
09-07-2002, 19:48
Hi there NagatsukaShumi,

When you mod the game will you be able to tweak the generals that appear in the initial picks for the various factions/periods? I've been wanting to change the English/Scottish generals to more accurate ones - no more Saxon names, just Norman ones from the CORRECT period (i.e. more of the 'de' type names of the Anglo-Norman aristocracy like De Clare, De Bohun, De Valence, De Lacy) in command of armies in the various places.

Would this be possible? I really want to get rid of the Saxon names like Aelfgar, Wulfstan and Tostig.

Thanks,
Gilbert de Clare

NagatsukaShumi
09-07-2002, 21:56
Yeah, names can be editted.

------------------
Power to the Sultan!
-Clan Seljuk

I don't know Akech, can't trust Mithrandir with the newbies, he may try and create a Miny Mith.-NagatsukaShumi