PDA

View Full Version : Megas Alexandros(Formerly Alexander Total War)

Fabolous
08-28-2005, 19:53
Megas Alexandros
Introduction
“Behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth. It devoured, and broke in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it; and it was diverse from all the beasts before it; and it had ten horns.” - Daniel 7.7

In 336 BC, Alexander the Great became the King of Macedon. Under his father, the once weak domain grew into the dominant power in Greece; crushing the armies of Thebes and Athens in the field, and Phillip had already begun his invasion of Persia, the greatest power the world has yet seen. Now, though, his enemies see weakness. They will seek to challenge the young King, and break free of Macedonian rule. The Thracians and Greeks are in open rebellion, and the Illyrians will be soon to follow. While being left with an incredible, and professional military from his father, Alexander is nearly bankrupted. Persian money is flowing into the hands of his enemies, and the small expedition force sent under Phillip can not last for long. If action isn’t taken quickly, Macedon itself may be destroyed.

Campaigns
Megas Alexandros, while focusing on the life of Alexander the Great, will feature several unique campaigns that will allow you to play through much of Macedonian history. The main campaign will feature one of the largest maps yet done, going from Iberia to the borders of China in the East. Here are some of the other campaigns you can play:

Rise of Macedon:
In 358 BC, Phillip became the King of Macedon following the death of his predecessor in battle against the Illyrians. The new ruler is not expected to last more than a few months, but he may just surprise everyone. The Macedonian military and economy are weak, although much potential is present. In Greece, Thebes is the dominant power after having crushed Spartan supremacy some years earlier. Athens is attempted to rebuild it’s own power. All the while, the Persians play off the disunity among the Greeks to keep them weak and divided.

Rise of Macedon will focus in on Greece, and parts of Western Asia Minor.

Pyrrhic Wars:
Pyrrhus of Epirus was best known for his war with the Romans. It was against Pyrrhus that Rome was first thrust into the spotlight of the ancient world, and as a result of their victory against him that they gained control of all of Italy; swallowing up the remaining holdouts. The downfall of the Greeks had begun.

Pyrrhic Wars will focus in on Greece, Italy, Sicily, and Carthage.

Macedonian Wars:
From the time of the Second Punic War, to the mid second century, Macedon and Rome fought for dominance of the Western world in a series of wars. Both sides had their ups and downs. Legion versus phalanx; a Republic versus a Kingdom. These wars changed the course of all mankind.

The Macedonian Wars campaign will focus in on the same areas as the Pyrrhic Wars, but also the theatre of the Second Punic War.

General Information
Megas Alexandros is a complete modification of the game. It will recreate every faction. Every unit will be new. The campaign map will be entirely new. The goal here is to recreate the time frame of Alexander the Great specifically, but also to showcase the rise of Macedon as a world power, as well as Rome‘s.

This mod is fairly young, just about 2 months now. There is no release date yet, and you won’t see anything until after the Expansion. We are making steady progress, and you can expect weekly updates featuring several new units.

The Team:

Organizer
Alexander Beats Hannibal

PR
Fabolous

Coders
Alexander Beats Hannibal

Campaign Map
Alexander Beats Hannibal
bdh

Modelers/Skinners
Caius
Beee

2D Images
Lionus Invictus Loading Screens
Najak

Music
Recruiting Here

Video Work
Recruiting Here

Researchers
Alexander Beats Hannibal (Macedon, Persia, India)
VandalCarthage (Thrace)
Vindafarna (Persia - Translations)
Nickpes (Greeks -Translations)
mAIOR
Abyssmal Fiend (Gaul)
HuronKing (Greece)
peregrino05 (Iberia)

Website
Alexander Beats Hannibal
Najak

Historical Battles
Recruiting Here

Interested in joining Megas Alexandros?

We are currently looking for these positions:

Researchers:
We'll consider most people. But be warned, we're looking for people who are willing to actually do work. You may be required to take a few trips to the library, or scan through some primary sources for this.

Campaign Map Editor:
While completely designed, we need someone to make changes as we need them and touch things up.

Coders:
Solid prior experience required. Do not apply if you are not skilled in the RTW text files.

Modelers:
Always nice to have more, anyone skilled at editing battlefield city maps would be greatly appreciated.

Historical Battle Editor:
Quite simple, if you are good at crating historical battles Megas Alexandros would be glad to have you.

If you are interested and qualified please contact me or Alexander Beats Hannibal(ABH).

You can contact Alexander Beats Hannibal(ABH), the creator of the mod, on MSN Messenger with Kabobward@hotmail.com. The same thing for his email.

You can contact me, Fabolous, on MSN messenger as Fabolous10000@hotmail.com.
My main e-mail account is Fabolous10000@yahoo.com, though I also answer e-mails to my hotmail account.

Or join our offical IRC channel for a great way to contact the team.

Server :: irc.quakenet.org
Channel :: #AlexanderTW

Lastly, please support us by throwing one of these banners in your sig:
signature 1:
https://img373.imageshack.us/img373/5978/minisig5mg.jpg

signature 2:
https://img373.imageshack.us/img373/3637/twcgreeksig17of.jpg

signature 3:
https://img373.imageshack.us/img373/6554/twcgreeksig21pu.jpg

signature 4:
https://img373.imageshack.us/img373/2815/twcgreeksig38wh.jpg

Rosacrux redux
08-29-2005, 13:23
looks great indeed, I longed for an AtG mod, especially since it has become common knowledge that the expansion shall be yet-another-invasion-of-the-barbarians thing. If you don't mind, there's a typo in the banners. The Greek alphabet uses two kinds of "s", the normal (the σ what you have there) and the "teliko sigma", an s that looks excactly like the latin alphabet "s" but is positioned in the end of the words. Meaning, if you have a sigma in front or inside a word, you use the "σ", if it is at the end of the word (as in all male names, for instance) you use the "teliko sigma".

You could use an English "s" in the ending of the words Μέγας and Αλέξανδρος (don't really know if you can see the Greek characters there... hope you can).

And lastly, I'd like to offer some of my (limited) spare time for research on this project. I am fascinated by the era of Alexandros and his conquest and I have quite a knowledge (and access to more stuff and an extensive library to boot) so I think I could help a bit.

Alexanderofmacedon
08-30-2005, 03:15
Hey, where can I download this mod, or see some screenshots of it? I love Alexander, as you can tell from my name ~:)

Atheist_Peace
08-30-2005, 03:56
Its not out yet, its in development.

QuestionMark
08-30-2005, 19:59
Fabolous tells me the org here will soon be giving us a forum. You can follow us in there.

Hey, where can I download this mod, or see some screenshots of it? I love Alexander, as you can tell from my name

We will be posting weekly previews in our forum, or in this topic, depending on what happens. You can expect the first this weekend.

Atheist_Peace
08-30-2005, 21:02
Wow, you guys are going to have a wide audience, not that you're undeserving though. I anticipate this mod highly.

Alexanderofmacedon
08-30-2005, 22:07
I don't completely know my way around the .org yet, so if you'd kindly send me the updates or whatever through PM's? That would be great, and I look foreward to playing this mod! ~D

Atheist_Peace
08-30-2005, 23:31
Thats really demanding, they will have a whole forum in the Hosted Mods section, it wont be hard to find at all.

Helgi
08-31-2005, 18:29
What is the Statis of the mod now and when should it be out? :charge:

Fabolous
09-05-2005, 02:14
Posted our first new preview. Samnium Preview (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=53587)

QuestionMark
09-12-2005, 15:45
Athens Preview posted (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=53893)

Alexanderofmacedon
09-12-2005, 16:06
You can tell if I like it or not ~;)