PDA

View Full Version : More historical battles?

dclare4
09-07-2002, 19:41
Hi all!

Is it possible to make more 'historical battles' or add some available online? I wanted to try out this one for the demo 'Las Navas Tolosa' and 'Bosworth' but the game doesn't seem to recognize them.

I'd also like to try making my own battles too!

Could anyone advise? Thanks,

Gilbert de Clare

dclare4
09-08-2002, 21:12
Hi all,

How do you add more historical battles to MTW?

Thanks,
Gilbert de Clare

NagatsukaShumi
09-08-2002, 21:17
E-Mail TosaInu, he is very good at this sort of thing.

------------------
Power to the Sultan!
-Clan Seljuk

I don't know Akech, can't trust Mithrandir with the newbies, he may try and create a Miny Mith.-NagatsukaShumi

giskard
09-09-2002, 02:21
Looks like it. I just noticed that the file formats with the extensions of .adf and .bdf are actually text files and if you look at the ones in the Medieval Total War\Battle\batinit\Historical Battles\Battle of Bannockburn directory you will see some of these files. Just load them up into a text editor and you will see something like this.

UnitStart::"Unit"
InitialLeaderName::""
IsGeneral::false
Position:: 37078 23549
Direction::280
GeneralRank::1
LeaderHonour::0
UnitMon::1
TroopType::FeudalManAtArms
TroopNum::80
TroopHonour::0
Columns::7
CurveRadius::1
FormationType::FORMATION_CLOSE
MeleeMode::ENGAGE_AT_WILL
FatigueLevel::FRESH
HoldPosition::true
GeneralIsDaimyo::false
ArmourLevel::1
WeaponLevel::0
UnitEnd::

So it looks like we can actually make historical battles after all.

Lets add the files with the extension .HCF to that list too.

Giskard

[This message has been edited by giskard (edited 09-08-2002).]

Cheetah
09-09-2002, 02:49
Quote Originally posted by dclare4:
Hi all!

Is it possible to make more 'historical battles' or add some available online? I wanted to try out this one for the demo 'Las Navas Tolosa' and 'Bosworth' but the game doesn't seem to recognize them.
[/QUOTE]

Do you have the demo or the full version? I am not sure that the mods for the demo work for the full version or not. In fact it seems that they don't. (i.e. all of these battles that you can find in the ORG download section were made for the demo.)

Quote Originally posted by dclare4:

I'd also like to try making my own battles too!

Could anyone advise? Thanks,

Gilbert de Clare[/B][/QUOTE]

You can make your own battles, as all of these battles were created by patrons of the ORG. All you have to do is to edit the .bdf (battle description file)and .adf (army description) files. For example, if you want to create a new battle instead of the battle of Jaffa (for the demo), then you should edit the Jaffa.bdf and the corresponding two .adf files (Richard.adf and Saladin.adf).
Basically, the bdf file specifies the terrain, weather, etc and that how many .adf (i.e. how many armies) are there. Correspondingly the .adf files specify the composition of the armies.

There should be a guide for mods in the download section.

PS. Barocca, I could not find this guide. It says "file not found".

[This message has been edited by Cheetah (edited 09-08-2002).]