PDA

View Full Version : Super Campaign Almost done 1087C.E.

spmetla
09-08-2002, 14:52
Erasing the past...

Iced~Metal
09-08-2002, 17:50
Quote Originally posted by spmetla:
Scotland and a few other States are now more prone to rebellion.
[/QUOTE]

*GASP*

You mean they WEREN'T rebellious enough before?

http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/eek.gif

+DOC+
09-08-2002, 18:51
Quote Originally posted by spmetla:

The Danes now expand and build a navy.
The Argonese now survive by also building a Navy and expanding.
The Territories of the Turks and Byzantium is as historically correct as I could make them.
The Elmohads horde is now usually able to be kept in check by the Spanish and Egyptians.
Gaul is now divided "more" historically correct and the English only control Normandy(like they should).
Scotland and a few other States are now more prone to rebellion.
All the factions start off making at least 500 florins a year, the ones making more florins have more borders to compensate.
With the bumped up tech tree you are able to lauch a crusade at the time period of the real 1st crusade. [/QUOTE]

Can you explain how you plan to implement these changes?

Such as making certain countries more likely to rebel and making Denmark more likely to expand?

dclare4
09-08-2002, 21:08
When will it be coming out? I can't wait http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif Perhaps you'd be interested in some more historically names for the campaigns - I made a mod that gives the British and some other countries (French/Scottish) more names/historically accurate titles - its description is in another thread on this board.

Salut,
Gilbert de Clare

giskard
09-08-2002, 21:36
This is how.

//========================================
//Faction Behaviour
//This is the default behaviour of each
//faction, various in game factor will
//alter it. Rebel are always set to REBEL
//these are the available options
//also note that these are related to the
//product spreadsheet
//CATHOLIC_EXPANSIONIST_CRUSADER
//CATHOLIC_EXPANSIONIST
//CATHOLIC_NAVAL_EXPANSIONIST
//CATHOLIC_ISOLATIONIST
//CATHOLIC_TRADER
//CATHOLIC_CRUSADER_TRADER
//CATHOLIC_DEFENSIVE_CRUSADER
//CATHOLIC_DEFENSIVE
//ORTHODOX_EXPANSIONIST
//ORTHODOX_STAGNANT
//ORTHODOX_DEFENSIVE
//MUSLIM_EXPANSIONIST
//MUSLIM_PEACEFUL
//MUSLIM_DEVOUT
//POVERTY_STRICKEN
//DESPERATE_DEFENCE
//CLOSE_TO_SUPPORT_LIMIT
//POPE
//BARBARIAN_RAIDER
//REBELS

The games developers didnt use most of these but they do work. I used them my selve.

Giskard

spmetla
09-09-2002, 01:45
Erasing the past...

Grifman
09-09-2002, 01:46
What territories did you give the Byzants? I know they have too many in Asia Minor, but they should have the Crimea. That had been a longtime Greek/Roman/Byzantine possession.

Grifman

spmetla
09-09-2002, 01:54
Erasing the past...

Wart
09-09-2002, 04:33
Regions rebelliousness is set in this section of early.text:

//Region Attributes
//The special characteristics for a region
//NOTES:
// region id = code reference for this region
// name = name of region ( pointer to string in "Names.txt" )
// pop = population ( used for disaster calculations )
// culture = culture of this region ( taken into account for rebellions, faith, happiness, etc )
// terrain = Battlemap terrain attribute ( can be LUSH, ARID or ROCK_DESERT )
// architechture = battlemap building styles ( can be AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN, AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN, AT_EASTERN_EUROPEAN or AT_ISLAMIC )
// mapgroup = which group of maps this region looks up when a castle map is called for. values are from 0 -> ?. -1 specifies a random group.
// income = the income the owner of this region gets every year from un-augmented harvests.
// castle_name = name of the castle in this region ( pointer to string in "Names.txt" )
// region attributes = the type of map a battle would be fought on should it occur in this region:
// location - can be INLAND or COAST
// vista - can be FLAT, PLAINS, HILLY, or MOUNTAIN

//region id NAME REBELLIOUS. CULTURE TERRAIN ARCHITECHTURE MAPGROUP INCOME CASTLE NAME REGION ATTRIBUTES

SetAttributes:: ID_AFRICA "Africa" 0 PAGAN_CULTURE ROCK_DESERT AT_ISLAMIC -1 0 "Africa Castle_xzy" INLAND FLAT NO_RIVER
SetAttributes:: ID_ALGERIA "Algeria" 0 MUSLIM_CULTURE ARID AT_ISLAMIC -1 300 "Algeria Castle_xzy" INLAND HILLY NO_RIVER
SetAttributes:: ID_ANATOLIA "Anatolia" 0 ORTHODOX_CULTURE ARID AT_EASTERN_EUROPEAN -1 380 "Anatolia Castle_xzy" INLAND MOUNTAIN NO_RIVER

about a third-half way down the doc http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif