PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly Patch Date

dmastin
09-09-2002, 03:09
Any word, any rumors, on when to expect a patch?

dmastin
09-09-2002, 03:26
Hey everyone, where will we find the patch first when it is realeased?
thanks

Wart
09-09-2002, 04:25
I'd imagine it will be at the downloads section of totalwar.com first http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

GilJaysmith
09-09-2002, 06:22
We're still doing stuff for the patch. We don't have a release date for it, but it's weeks away, rather than months.

Gil ~ CA

spmetla
09-09-2002, 08:03
Erasing the past...

dclare4
09-09-2002, 10:56
Hi there,

Hope the programmers read all the posts on wishes and hoped fors... please do read my two cents worth on MTW:THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE...

Thanks,
Gilbert de Clare

JRock
09-09-2002, 19:38
Quote Originally posted by spmetla:
besides the elmoheads and swiss units what else is this patch addressing.

Oh and thanks for making the game fairly simple to customize. I love changing a game to be MY game. [/QUOTE]

Only about a dozen or more bugs/crashes and multiplayer fixes, several minor campaign fixes/tweaks, and who knows what else.

Btw, what is wrong with the Almohads that needs patching?

NagatsukaShumi
09-09-2002, 20:15
One thing that definately needs fixing is something I noticed in MP.

When I change the stats of my SP campaign (I only added the Mongols to Late) online it says I can't play because of this, I personally don't understand why the SP campaign stratmap files been changed slightly cna effect what is just Custom battle against a human instead of the AI.

------------------
Power to the Sultan!
-Clan Seljuk

I don't know Akech, can't trust Mithrandir with the newbies, he may try and create a Miny Mith.-NagatsukaShumi

GilJaysmith
09-11-2002, 04:41
Quote Originally posted by NagatsukaShumi:
When I change the stats of my SP campaign (I only added the Mongols to Late) online it says I can't play because of this, I personally don't understand why the SP campaign stratmap files been changed slightly cna effect what is just Custom battle against a human instead of the AI.
[/QUOTE]

Because if you change anything in that file, it looks to the MP code like you're trying to cheat by fiddling with your stats or the set of unit types you're allowed to use.

To join an MP game you have to have the exact same map file, production files, and relevant startpos file. If any of these are different, you'll be locked out of the game.

The alternative would be to allow people to join with different files, in which case the game would just go out of sync shortly after you hit the battlemap.

So: change them back ;)

Gil ~ CA