PDA

View Full Version : Higland Clansmen in custom games.

Kapybara
09-11-2002, 21:43
What part of the file i have to edit to get Clansmen available to english in custom games? I have tried everything but the game crashes or the Clansmen are just not available. Plz help.

Target
09-12-2002, 15:47
You need to alter the startpos file that you're playing - they can be found in the "campmap\startpos" directory.

In the startpos file, look for "SetRegionOwner:: ID_SCOTLAND", which should be commented out, as Scotland belongs to the rebels. Remove the // symbols from the start of the line and change the line so it reads:

SetRegionOwner:: ID_SCOTLAND FN_ENGLISH

This means that the English now own Scotland at the start of the game. Save out the file and go to the custom battle screen, choosing the startpos file you've just changed as the one to base your custom battle on. Now, when you select the English as a faction to fight in your battle the Highland Clansmen will be available for them.

------------------
"i even suspect Target is coming here to hype things up."
MagyarKhans Cham

Target
09-12-2002, 15:52
I should point out that you have to be very careful when adjusting these files, as virtually everything about Medieval depends on these. It's very easy to make one (seemingly) small alteration that makes the game crash or behave strangely.

Make sure you make copies of the files before you start altering them!

Also, if you do change your startpos files and then try to use them to play online or on a LAN, you'll find that there are version mismatches unless everyone else fighting has exactly the same startpos file as you. Basically, the same rules apply if you change the production files when you change startpos files. So make sure you have copies of the originals at all times.

------------------
"i even suspect Target is coming here to hype things up."
MagyarKhans Cham

RageMonsta
09-13-2002, 08:46
Is it possible to expand on that...i.e lets say include GoldenHorde units in an English army using similiar system to the one you desribed?

oh btw monsta has never modded anything...not even a fish tailed parker or a vespa scooter...so please be gentle with him.