PDA

View Full Version : Dev Guys? Gil ol buddy?

spmetla
09-13-2002, 13:27
Quote ["Border Fort Motte_desc"]
{"May not be used."}

["Border Fort Motte Bailey_desc"]
{"May not be used."}

["Border Keep_desc"]
{"May not be used."}

["Border Keep Curtainwall_desc"]
{"May not be used."}

["Border Donjon Curtainwall_desc"]
{"May not be used."}

["Border Castle_desc"]
{"May not be used."}

["Border Castle Sally Port_desc"]
{"May not be used."}

["Border Castle Ringwall_desc"]
{"May not be used."}
[/QUOTE]

What were these going to be. I hope we weren't short changed of some cool feature were you can have border skirmishes or fight a battle at the border then one in the provence.

spmetla
09-13-2002, 13:33
Quote ["Mason_desc"]
{"A mason is a master of working in stone for buildings rather than wood, although he will use wood for scaffolding and formers. His skills are passed by word of mouth from master to apprentice, keeping the secrets of the craft while making sure that his buildings are sound and strong."}

["Masons Workshop_desc"]
{"Once a mason has a workshop, his skills can flower. He has the space, time and apprentice labourers at his call that he needs to produce magnificent stone buildings. He also has the luxury of experimenting with new techniques in stonework, bringing benefits to the craft of masonry."}

["Masons Guild_desc"]
{"The masons' guild is there to protect the interests of its members, and this includes making sure that non-member masons have to reach certain standards before they are accepted into the Guild and can work. This keeps up members' earnings, while making sure that buildings are high quality and economical."}

["Master Mason_desc"]
{"A master mason is more than just a worker in stone. He has the eye of an artist for a pleasing line and he creates rather than simply builds a structure. His work is of such quality, speed and elegance that all the buildings he creates are economical in stone and labour."}

["Vintner_desc"]
{"Wine is an important trading commodity. In the Christian world those with some aspirations to a social position drink it instead of locally made ale, and they drink it in prodigious quantities! This makes the wine trade very profitable, always assuming that the weather is good enough for the vines."}

["Vintners Workshop_desc"]
{"A vintner's workshop allows the steady improvement of a province's viniculture, to the great benefit of trade. Although the vintner concentrates on carefully developing and improving vines, there are those who would accuse him of only inventing new ways to water down the product or squeeze more from the grapes!"}

["Vintners Guild_desc"]
{"A vintners' guild is mostly concerned with increasing the profits of its members and making the entry of new merchants into an established market as difficult as possible. The Guild also has the effect of increasing trade, as its members act together to gain a bigger share in every market."}

["Master Vintner_desc"]
{"A master vintner can use his connections with merchants in other provinces to significantly increase the value of the wine trade in his home province. His is capable of organising the shipping of fine wines to any land where parched throats and fat purses can be found!"}

["Leatherworker_desc"]
{"Leather is a by-product of meat production as no animals are kept just for their skins. The leatherworker's craft has its own peculiarities - he can catch an amazing number of animal diseases, and generates a huge demand for urine (used to soften leather). His work does, however, increase trade."}

["Leatherworkers Workshop_desc"]
{"Leather is not only for shoes, boots and clothes. Leather is, after all, one of the few vaguely waterproof materials available. It's also needed in the making of armour: chainmail and even plate need some kind of padded backing to cushion the wearer. A workshop improves trade in its province."}

["Leatherworkers Guild_desc"]
{"A leatherworkers' guild is completely focused on increasing its members' profits, in making it impossible for non-guild members to work and compete, and in making entry time consuming. All of this has the effect of making the trade of its members much more valuable than it would otherwise be."}

["Master Leatherworker_desc"]
{"A master leatherworker can craft the finest items in leather for any customer, from ladies' kid gloves to elaborately decorated scabbards. His work commands a high price, especially for wealthy merchants and nobles who relish conspicuous consumption. A master leatherworker can significantly improve trade."}
[/QUOTE]

And these too. I also noticed stuff on Glassmakers, vineries, pottery shops. Hope you don't mind my nosiness but every partilly added in feature is a feature that could be implemted in a mod.

[This message has been edited by spmetla (edited 09-13-2002).]

DrNo
09-13-2002, 18:36
I bet there's a few hints in the files as to what will be in expansion, but guessing which bits were tried and thrown out, and which will make a comeback will be interesting.

Expanding trade would be good rather than just having simple merchants. Overland routes too so going to war with a neighbour dosn't kill off all trade. The AI does seem to do this all too often.

DarknScaly
09-13-2002, 22:09
All those trade buildings were in the earlier versions but "written out" as the game progressed.

I guess that the original intent was to have the player actually construct a series of trade buildings to co-exist with the trade routes.

They were then "repalced" with the single tech-tree line of the "merchants", simplifying the whole process and making it less time consuming in terms of "years to complete".

I think that they were there when the game was originally still 4 seasons per year.

Personally don't be surprised if we dont see this in an add-on or patch but I expect to see something like it in TW3, reminds me of trade relationships in Caesar 2.