PDA

View Full Version : MODs - great, but....

DarknScaly
09-12-2002, 19:51
It'd be kind of good if the various downloads had descriptions alongside them so that we knew what we were downloading.

Detailing whats been changed etc etc.

spmetla
09-13-2002, 07:38
Erasing the past...

RageMonsta
09-13-2002, 08:37
ok then...MoD people please tell me what each of your packs do?

......waiting....tum ti tum tum..waiting...well..

*dreams that answers will be 'they make you food and drink while playing into the wee hours of the night'*

spmetla
09-13-2002, 11:51
Erasing the past...

Kraellin
09-13-2002, 18:50
spmetla,

how did you 'unhook' the various islands from the mainland? and would it be smart to give the island provinces, or at least some of them, as part of their starting units, a ship or two? and maybe their adjoining neighbors? and maybe even the basis buildings for building these?

K.

------------------
The only absolute is that there are no absolutes.

DarknScaly
09-13-2002, 19:38
Quote Originally posted by spmetla:
Most good mod packages will contain a readme with the listed changes. The mods are very small in size so it's very quick to do.

Or you could post on here asking questions about the mods. I'm quite sure the modder would respond. [/QUOTE]

Nah not really what i mean...

you look at the mod list and theres no way to know what each one does UNLESS you download them and hope there is a readme.

Needs an html page with a brief description of major changes on each.

Kraellin
09-13-2002, 21:21
you volunteering to help admin, dd? :) i'm sure you'd be welcome :)

i once told tosa that if they, the .org, would give me about 100 web pages for my use, i'd handle the custom map pages, putting up .tga's of all the maps next to the file name and the .txt descriptions and maybe even evaluating the things as well so folks would know what they were getting before they got it, but that in exchange for all this, i wanted some web space for personal use. that ship never sailed :) still, it might be an interesting idea for web folks to get help for their respective sites by 'paying' folks for their services by giving them some personal space. just a thought.

K.

------------------

DarknScaly
09-13-2002, 21:51
Im away for a week now - but seeing as Im still off work invalided for at least another 4-5 weeks I could aye.

I'll probably end up reviewing some of the mods on FBZ anyway, but ORG is a far better repository for them as its the de-facto TW site.

Im up for anything atm... bored doing nothing.

spmetla
09-14-2002, 00:58
Erasing the past...

Kraellin
09-14-2002, 09:47
oh, i see. so for wessex you just remove flanders as a neighbor. cool. does it work both ways around? do you also have to remove wessex as a neighbor of flanders? ah well, i can just look for myself. thanks! that's something i've been wondering about.

K.

------------------

spmetla
09-14-2002, 14:27
Erasing the past...

giskard
09-14-2002, 21:38
The guy makes a good point, however a site has to be setup to allow file descriptions. If it doesnt already support them it is a big job adding them later. I am sure the admins of this site are aware of the problem though.

In the mean time here is the descriptions for my campaigns.
http://www.respawn.co.uk/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=20

Giskard