PDA

View Full Version : Heros

czaralex
09-14-2002, 06:43
Too all of the modding geniuses in here:
Is it possible to add more heroes or edit the times of the existing heroes, if so how?

dclare4
09-15-2002, 22:33
Unfortunately I believe it's all hardcoded. I've been wanting to change/add more heroes and personalities but no go - i.e. the English get Lord Strongbow/William Marshal/Simon de Montfort the Elder!! (I believe the elder Montfort fought for the French vs the Albinsingians and it was his son that became the famous commander of the Baron's War - but hey they were all named Simon de Montfort) and Guy of Gisbourne(!!!!) - there were many other interesting folk that should probably have made it in there but didn't. There are many innaccuracies/omissions in regards to heroes and rulers particularly of 'rebel' areas. The Welsh and Scottish for instance don't (I think) ever get Llewelyn Fawr or Llewlyn ap Gruffyd or owen Glyndwr while the Scots kings are not represented at all (early period should be Malcolm Canmore, high should be William the Lion I think, late should be, of course, The Bruce) Similarly the Burgundians (w/c were not actually activated by CA but I got them to work somehow) have none but Duke Philippe II whatever period you start at.

Just my two cents,
Gilbert de Clare