PDA

View Full Version : custom battles pack

kyodai-britishbeef
09-15-2002, 00:25
hey there http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif
i need some directions of where i can find a modding guide for m.tw or some good definitve advice on the subject of making custom battles. i am intending to make a custom battles pack with all the major battles on british soil between 1066 and as late as 1746. there will be between 5 and 15 battles (this depends on my spare time)but will include battles from the war of the roses and the civil war as well as scottish/english battles and i intend to make them as historically accurate as possible. i have done alot of research and am ready to construct the custom battles but i am a newbie at this and need HELP so plz feel free.

dclare4
09-15-2002, 22:39
Check out Barocca's modding guide for making HISTORICAL BATTLES (not custom battles) - historical battles require more work and you need to use text editing (not the in game thingee - you make the maps in game but do the rest with text files - bdf/adf).

BTW what have you got planned? I'm doing ECW myself and I'm working on Edgehill, Brentford, Naseby and possibly Killcrankie.

The battle system is lovely though isn't it?

:-)

Gilbert de Clare

kyodai-britishbeef
09-16-2002, 00:03
ah right m8 . i was gona do towton,bosworth,flodden,edgehill,marston moor,naseby and sheriffmuir for starters.

kyodai-britishbeef
09-16-2002, 00:05
and where will i find barrocca's guide?