PDA

View Full Version : triceratops model

shifty157
09-04-2005, 06:32
Ive been working when i could find some free time over the past few days on a triceratops model. Its my first model and texture. A special thanks goes out to Vercingetorix for his awesome modding tools as well as pulling me out of a hole when i very nearly lost everything i had worked on. I also want to thank all of the writers of the tutorials in the scriptorium. They were indispensable.

SELEUCID VERSION
https://img116.imageshack.us/img116/5839/triseleucid5fg.jpg

CARTHAGINIAN VERSION:
https://img67.imageshack.us/img67/7866/carthtri9vx.jpg

DLOAD: RTW_triceratops.zip (http://www.angelfire.com/alt2/tomsjournal/RTW_triceratops.zip) (Right click > save as)

Enjoy!

*Please note that i have not made this unit recruitable in the normal campaign. It is only a custom battle unit.
**Also i currently do not have sprites for this unit. If anyone could create them and send them to me that would be great.

zukenft
09-04-2005, 11:28
Awesome! Dinosaur : Total WAR!!!!

Chilly5
09-04-2005, 13:07
OMFG THAT IS SO COOL! ~:eek:

Epistolary Richard
09-04-2005, 13:15
Is this part of a wider mod that you're developing? If so, I can change the thread title to the name of the mod. If not, would you like me to move this to the General forum?

LeftEyeNine
09-04-2005, 13:24
That's pretty good for a firts try, shifty157. Keep it up..

shifty157
09-04-2005, 15:59
Main post updated with dload link.

Epistolary Richard: As of now this will not turn into a major modification. You may move this thread where ever you think it should go.

VandalCarthage
09-04-2005, 16:33
I'd like to see a rhino mount personally... if only the central Africans had domesticated them ~D

King of Atlantis
09-04-2005, 18:11
VERY COOL! Maybe you should join a mod with your new talents.. ~;)

~:cheers:

Alexanderofmacedon
09-04-2005, 20:18
Maybe you should join a mod with your new talents

Mod team you mean?

Ragnor_Lodbrok
09-04-2005, 21:25
Looks nice.
I like dinosaurs. ~D

Dromikaites
09-06-2005, 14:48
Impressive work shifty157! Would you be interested in a job with the Imperium: Total War mod?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80

snevets
09-06-2005, 15:26
Its awesome. The model is great. One question though, what kind of a uv map did you use on the side of the neck? The stretching makes it look like a cylindrical, but since the side of the neck is flat you should use a planar. Anyways great work, we all hope to see more stuff soon.
P.S
Have you built a new animation for it?

shifty157
09-06-2005, 20:01
Its awesome. The model is great. One question though, what kind of a uv map did you use on the side of the neck? The stretching makes it look like a cylindrical, but since the side of the neck is flat you should use a planar. Anyways great work, we all hope to see more stuff soon.
P.S
Have you built a new animation for it?

Thanks.

To be honest i dont know much of anything as far as texturing and uv mapping goes. I just assigned the faces areas on the texture using Unwrap UVW. However any knowledge you could throw my way as far as that goes would be more than welcome. Just give me a pm.

No it doesnt have new animations. Youd be surprised how well the elephant animations/skeleton fit it.

Dromikaites - Thanks for the offer but id prefer to stay away from realism mods in general simply because i enjoy modeling much more fantastical things. Thats not to say i dont like what youre doing however. Quite the contrary im very impressed. Its just a personal preference.

Alexanderofmacedon
09-06-2005, 22:21
I'm going to start a mod too...

hoggy
09-07-2005, 06:58
Very nice Shifty, top job. Can imagine them bowling over enemy troops in a charge!

Sundjata Keita
09-07-2005, 17:02
Its awesome. The model is great. One question though, what kind of a uv map did you use on the side of the neck? The stretching makes it look like a cylindrical, but since the side of the neck is flat you should use a planar.

Looks to me as though he kept the same map and just stretched/extruded out part of the neck to make it longer which is why the texture looks stretched. Very nice model though, shame you don't want to join a historical mod team, good luck whayever you do.

Dromikaites
09-07-2005, 20:14
Dromikaites - Thanks for the offer but id prefer to stay away from realism mods in general simply because i enjoy modeling much more fantastical things. Thats not to say i dont like what youre doing however. Quite the contrary im very impressed. Its just a personal preference.

Could you model a bull chariot for us? http://www.soldiers-russia.com/new_soldiers/india/bulls_chariot.htm
It's bordering fantasy ;) You see I can't take no for an answer :D

al'Callaendor
10-14-2005, 00:12
no...no...Jurassic park: total war!!! human vs dinosaurs.

Myrddraal
10-14-2005, 00:16
Thanks for the offer but id prefer to stay away from realism mods in general simply because i enjoy modeling much more fantastical things. Thats not to say i dont like what youre doing however. Quite the contrary im very impressed. Its just a personal preference.

Ever read the Wheel of Time? If you want fantastical models, we've got plenty that need doing.... plenty. :wink: