PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Map!

PROMETHEUS
09-06-2005, 17:19
Hello everybody .... here is the map of RES GESTAE, you may ask why it has a special orientation and goes up to the Gange , the reason is this ....

I was tired of the classical CA map and I wanted to make something new and original , also , I wanted to include more parts of Africa to make a Meroitic kingdom , tought after time and researches I discovered more interesting to make the Mauryan faction , so I enlarged further east the map ... this way I have cutted away lot of desert regions , that instead you have in the Mundus Magnus and other maps , as well as much of empty steppes of the norht east ....

The map could still be subject to further changes couse is still a work in progress .... I have made the map myself tought at a certain point I haven't been able to make it work so I asked for help , this came by Ngr , also known as Dead Moroz, that fixed all the erros I made and made it operative and working ..... to me remained the refining like adding provinces , smoothing etc.... after making lot of work on it , again I made some kind of mistake that made the map again not working , so I sent the map to Seleucos Nicator I , the one is making small changes and fixes to it ..... Thankyou to those two great modders hopefully this map will be operative , tought they are not working for Res Gestae and are busy with other project , so if there is anyone who wants to apply for working on it post any request in the recruitment thread ....I will accept only capable , of proved ability and hard workers....

~:cheers:

here is the current map ....

https://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3314/map6vl.jpg

Alexander the Pretty Good
09-06-2005, 17:22
That is not a small amount of map! That is a very large amount of map! ~:eek:

Atheist_Peace
09-06-2005, 18:21
It looks great Prometheus, can you give us an in game shot soon?

Soga
09-06-2005, 19:58
Fantastic.
But i can't see... is there a passage from Ireland to Gibraltar...

PROMETHEUS
09-06-2005, 19:59
Yeha u can pass , but not to the west of irleand , u have to pass throught ireland and england ....

I cant post ingame pics at the moment couse Seleucus is reworking it a bit for me to get rid of annoying Ctds .... ~:)

GoreBag
09-06-2005, 21:27
Wow. That's insane.

Seleucos I Nicator
09-07-2005, 06:45
I have fixed all CTD errors I have encountered. Now I am finishing refining the coast to get rid of the blocky shorelines.

PROMETHEUS
09-07-2005, 21:47
Thankyou a lot for working on this Seleucos .... here is a pic he showed me of the corrected map ....

https://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7562/fixed9tb.jpg

Atheist_Peace
09-08-2005, 21:13
That looks awesome Prometheus, you should refine the heights and stuff a bit, but still it looks great so far.

PROMETHEUS
09-08-2005, 21:47
Thanks , Seleucos gived me back the version of the map after fixing CTD's errors and refining the coasts making them more smoothed , Thankyou a lot Seleucos ~D ...

I now will be going to refine it even more like adding 8 provinces more into India , make the climates zones, as now the snow comes up to Egypt , then tune out passes , rivers etc...

bestantreas
09-11-2005, 14:46
Wow, its the bigger map I ever see for RTW!!!

PROMETHEUS
09-12-2005, 21:53
Little bit of work on new interface for Barbarian culture , thanks to Prof for pointing out how to do and helping on this....

https://img399.imageshack.us/img399/8337/intrface8lq.jpg

King of Atlantis
09-13-2005, 02:15
awesome

caesar44
09-13-2005, 16:53
Where is Iceland ? ~;)

PROMETHEUS
09-21-2005, 13:19
Here Faction layouts , credits to Prof !! ^L^

https://img379.imageshack.us/img379/3834/start5ua.jpg

Atheist_Peace
09-21-2005, 23:25
Looking very good prometheus. I wish you had gone with a unified rome and then used the extra romans for other new factions, but that's not really a big deal.

Alexanderofmacedon
09-21-2005, 23:35
Nice looking :bow:

Mr Jones
09-22-2005, 00:14
"Looking very good prometheus. I wish you had gone with a unified rome and then used the extra romans for other new factions, but that's not really a big deal."

i hav often heard ppl say that u can use the 3 roman slots for other factions without having to share line of sight etc, is this true? i was under the impression that they had to share line of sight and that you couldn't get around this without having serious problems? sorry for posting this here but could someone clarify?

PROMETHEUS
09-22-2005, 02:16
I don't know to what are you referring to .... ~:confused:

Atheist_Peace
09-22-2005, 04:36
"Looking very good prometheus. I wish you had gone with a unified rome and then used the extra romans for other new factions, but that's not really a big deal."

i hav often heard ppl say that u can use the 3 roman slots for other factions without having to share line of sight etc, is this true? i was under the impression that they had to share line of sight and that you couldn't get around this without having serious problems? sorry for posting this here but could someone clarify?

Apparently Bouis from RTR found a way to seperate the line of sight.

Prometheus, hes referring to when you try to use the roman factions for different ones and you have to make them un-allied and make it so they don't share line of sight, etc.

Prof
10-05-2005, 18:42
The Roman armies on the campaign map

https://img121.imageshack.us/img121/71/cha4jp.jpg

caius britannicus
10-09-2005, 00:27
The Roman armies on the campaign map

https://img121.imageshack.us/img121/71/cha4jp.jpg

Prof, I noticed that your roman campaign map generals have white spots on them. RTR ran into this problem and I have no idea what is causing it. I was wondering if you knew.

Prof
10-09-2005, 11:06
nope, i don't know...if i knew i would remove those white spots...but maybe it is just the skin

PROMETHEUS
10-09-2005, 12:20
What white sposts? I don't see them...

caius britannicus
10-10-2005, 02:02
What white sposts? I don't see them...

The captain strat map model (the standard bearer) the left side of his tunic has a white patch on it. some of RTR's strat map models suffer from this problem and they haven't been able to pin point problem. We thought it was the lighting on the strat map, but that didn't seem to be it.

Naja
10-21-2005, 18:34
Prometheus, is there any way that on the campaign map it would be possible to not have sea trade routes represented by annoying blue dotted lines, and just to have the ships moving between cities? Those things always annoyed me. ~;)

PROMETHEUS
11-05-2005, 20:43
I dunno if is possible , Sorry .... ~:confused:

Anyway Thanks to our new member LIONSKIN , We have now the map working in BI , he will be helping us also to coordinate the switch and script and coding stuff.... something I am really not much liking to do ~D ....

https://img428.imageshack.us/img428/3261/regestaemap7gs.jpg

caius britannicus
11-05-2005, 23:03
It is possible to make the trade lines invisible. There is a texture in the model folder at least thats where I think it is. I haven't looked for quite some time. The texure is just a dot with an alpha channel. YOu can edit the alpha channel so it alphas out the texture entirely and hence removes the lines on the trade routes!

Naja
11-06-2005, 05:19
It is possible to make the trade lines invisible. There is a texture in the model folder at least thats where I think it is. I haven't looked for quite some time. The texure is just a dot with an alpha channel. YOu can edit the alpha channel so it alphas out the texture entirely and hence removes the lines on the trade routes!

Ooo, now that's compelling! ~:cheers:

Tell me, does it still show the graphic of a ship going between the two ports, even if there is no dotted line?

Spendios
11-06-2005, 20:47
Very good work ! Can't wait to lead my Mauryan to victory !

caius britannicus
11-07-2005, 04:42
Ooo, now that's compelling! ~:cheers:

Tell me, does it still show the graphic of a ship going between the two ports, even if there is no dotted line?

It should the ship is a different model and texture.

Naja
11-08-2005, 02:41
You don't remember the file model's name, do you?

Meneldil
11-11-2005, 15:28
Was the map made with Time or with notepad and photoshop ?

Aldaceleb
11-16-2005, 08:24
The baltic sea~:rolleyes:

lionskin
11-16-2005, 23:16
Quick update on the map progress, all factions are in and playable. The new regions in india need to be redone slightly, along with the terrain.~:cheers:

https://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5462/rmapalpha7yu.jpg

PROMETHEUS
11-17-2005, 00:14
Awesome work Lionskin , thanks a lot , take a look in the private forum for the list of factions , I slight changed some things , but we need to talk about them more I think ....

Antiochius
11-18-2005, 14:03
wow ~:eek: , a fantastic map. wondeful. ~:)

Naja
11-24-2005, 02:42

This was very helpful, but unfortunately my Photoshop keeps crashing on me before I can even find the file; let alone open it. ~:confused:

If it wouldn't be too much to ask, :hide: would you help me find and alpha channel that elusive texture file?

Thanks very much.

Lvcivs Asiarvm
11-24-2005, 06:10
that's just a masterpiece of a map! looking at it I see that it is so balanced and it has India ~D !

PROMETHEUS
11-24-2005, 08:17
that's just a masterpiece of a map! looking at it I see that it is so balanced and it has India ~D !
Thanks, what I wanted to achieve when I chose this inclination is to get rid of endless of deserts and steppes while gaining some more important parts of Africa like Meroitic lands and of course India , without exagerating the dimensions of the map overall ..... not everyone understood it tough ....~:cheers:

PROMETHEUS
11-24-2005, 08:23
Jungles ....
After the suggestion on using palms as jungles here is the result thanks to Lionskin Abilities....~:cheers:

https://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9986/screen6hj.jpg

is still a work in progress but you get the idea ..... plus I suggested Lionskin the idea on how to make it visible in battlefield using a mix of grassy terrain and palm trees.....if it will be possible it will thanks to him ^^....couse he knows how to ...

lionskin
11-24-2005, 17:18
Here's a quick update, creating a new canopy model for the jungle seemed to remove the black spots some what, i just scaled the palms on the palm model and used it as a new canopy model for the jungle.

https://img381.imageshack.us/img381/2892/screen25el.jpg

Best Regards,
T.

Spendios
11-24-2005, 18:15
Simply brilliant !

Sahran
11-25-2005, 02:55
Holy.

Are you ableto get jungles in the battle map, as well?

lionskin
11-25-2005, 15:49
Holy.

Are you ableto get jungles in the battle map, as well?

Theoretically, yes, its still a WIP, we should see some positive results soon.~:cheers:

LordSaradain
12-12-2005, 21:38
Map looks fantastic!

Though you've missed out the two large Estonian Islands:
http://www.grida.no/db/maps/collection/eastern/estonia.jpg

And Swedens two Islands:
http://hiphop.just.nu/pics/karta_sverige_soedra.jpg

As I'm a native swede I'd realy like if gotland at least was added to the map.

BTW, I love your skins, they are fantastic! Real Eyecandy!

PROMETHEUS
12-14-2005, 09:58
Yes you are right , but since I draw it manually I must have forgotten to go back there when drawing the islands , will see to solve this thanks ....

al'Callaendor
12-22-2005, 23:13
cool, the map is so great!!:san_shocked:

NodachiSam
01-22-2006, 01:27
This looks great! I can't wait to try it.

stefan25
08-16-2007, 18:19
looks very nice . you should also change the map textures . they are just tga files so you can change quickly and improve the map . i did that for eb ( map preview in eb thread ) .