PDA

View Full Version : Fourth Age: Total War, New Trailer

Professor420
09-12-2005, 00:41
Just in case many of you don't visit our forum on SCC or our website, www.thefourthage.net, I thought I'd post it here as well:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=23Z5J5N8

Its 32 megs, and 4 minutes long at 640x480. Please tell me what you think.

ScionTheWorm
09-12-2005, 01:32
it rocks big time. I remember I hadn't cheked your mod out for some months, and then came back and took a look - it was awesome. Maybe my second favourite mod that's in development.

shifty157
09-12-2005, 02:16
That was an amazing trailer!

Awesome work!

Alexanderofmacedon
09-12-2005, 15:58
The Fourth Age is a Lord of The Rings Mod right? It is the same thing as the Lord of the Rings Total War thread in these same forums? Do the same people make it? It looks very similar. :bow:

Apoc
09-12-2005, 16:39
The Fourth Age: Total War is a Middle-earth modification; technically it cannot be called a LotR mod, because there is no Lord of the Rings (and no rings) anymore, this being the Fourth Age and all. The mod is based on one of Tolkien's unfinished tales, 'The New Shadow', but we draw on all the works of Tolkien for information and inspiration.

The Fourth Age: Total War and The Lord of the Rings: Total War are two completely different mods; the first a total conversion focusing on the full single player experience, made by a team of people based solely on the written works of J.R.R. Tolkien; the second a mod made by one man, wlesmana, focusing (for the moment, at least) on single player custom battles and multiplayer, with no campaign. It is also based on Peter Jackson's adaptation of Tolkien's book, and not on the book itself.

wlesmana is a part of the FA:TW Mod Team, but no work has been shared between the mods because of their difference in nature, so the similarities must come from the fact that both mods share the same foundation - the works of Tolkien. Myself, I don't see very many similarities, other than the fact that both mods look great ;)

Apoc

Alexanderofmacedon
09-12-2005, 18:41
Wow, that's cool. That's what I've been wanting to hear from the LOTR moderator. I want a campaign map so bad! Thanks for making my dreams come true guys! When is the release?

Apoc
09-12-2005, 20:02
There is no set date for a release, but we will be putting out a demo in the near future, 'The Battle of the Crossings of Poros', which will include a selection of units from Gondor, Rohan and Harad. Be sure to keep an eye on our forum or website.

Apoc

Dol Guldur
09-12-2005, 22:59
The campaign map is under wraps, but let me tell you it's had an enormous amount of man hours put into it and we don't think you'll be disappointed.

Dol Guldur.
Research, development & design
The Fourth Age: Total War

Alexanderofmacedon
09-13-2005, 03:22
Very nice. I'll look on your forums...

Ciaran
09-13-2005, 10:07
I´ve watched the trailer, very impressive, to be sure. If only half of the dedication goes into the actual mod, then it´s certainly promising. Keep up the great work.

Alexander, there´s also a third mod based on the Lord of the Rings universe, Middle Earth TW. Just to add to the confusion ~;)

Apoc
09-13-2005, 11:34
...and to further add to the confusion, there is actually a fourth mod based on the works of Tolkien out there, The First Age: The War of Beleriand...

Apoc

Dol Guldur
09-13-2005, 13:34
Oh now I'm so confused I can't remember which one I've been working on all these months...

Geoffrey S
09-13-2005, 16:01
Just glance at your signature every so often if you need a reminder. ~;)
A very professional looking TC by the way; I've been keeping an eye on this for some time.

Alexanderofmacedon
09-13-2005, 17:21
I bet they'll all be similar, and I'm going to go with yours. Keep up the good work and I can't wait till campaign!

Professor420
09-13-2005, 23:43
Thanks for the compliment guys. I did the trailer myself, but the entire team is responsible for the excellent look of our mod.

Alexanderofmacedon
09-14-2005, 03:42
Just wondering, can I get the links for the other Middle Earth games?

Ciaran
09-14-2005, 11:53
The Middle Earth Total War mod has a homepage at metw.net, the movie-based one doesn´t have any links, as wes is doing it all by himself, there´s nothing to download so far and I didn´t know the first Age mod even existed.

Professor, you did the trailer all by yourself ~:eek: ?

Apoc
09-14-2005, 12:18
Just wondering, can I get the links for the other Middle Earth games?

The Lord of the Rings: Total War - Official thread: http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11764

The First Age: The War of Beleriand - Forum: http://www.firstagemods.com/warofbeleriand/forum/

Apoc

Professor420
09-14-2005, 12:41
Professor, you did the trailer all by yourself ~:eek: ?

Yes. I have a broad spectrum of skills, including about any digital program/medium you can think of.

Alexanderofmacedon
09-14-2005, 13:45
What program did you use to make it? Fraps or something?

Professor420
09-14-2005, 18:47
I used the RTW movie editor to record the footage (3 different replays, about 20 minutes of footage at least). I then put it into Adobe Premiere Pro to convert it into .avi. I did the text screens in Adobe After Effects, along with the special transitions (using a variety of BCC plug-ins). I edited and put most of it together in Premiere. I then took it into Audition to do the sound and fix up the music. Then back into Premiere for export. Then I used discreet cleanerXL to compress it for distribution.

No fraps.

Alexanderofmacedon
09-17-2005, 22:24
You should look up Fraps. It's cool...

Professor420
09-18-2005, 06:50
Yes, Fraps is good, but I prefer using the RTW editor and video editing programs. Fraps is more for benchmarking, and as a last resort for taking ingame movies... the RTW movie editor gives quite excellent control and output. And I would have needed to use video editing programs regardless.

BTW, the trailer is at 760 Downloads... that about 110 a day!

Alexanderofmacedon
09-18-2005, 08:02
Where can I find RTW Editing? Is it a downloaded program?