PDA

View Full Version : how the AI manages its budget

solypsist
09-20-2002, 22:59
and way to know just what advantages (to keep things challenging) the AI is using in campaign games?
I have a feeling it can deficit spend, but to what amount?
Basically, I'm looking into what the economic effects are of a computer-controlled faction holding most of the map; we all know a human player runs out of money quickly once trading partners are gone.

barocca
09-20-2002, 23:55
I do not think the AI has a monetary advantage, I have just trashed most of byzantine provinces with raids, and he had to slash his army!
(my inns were CHOCK full of mercs, pages of them!)

your provinces trade amongst themselves too,

if you concentrate on economics early you should be able to build a huge warchest within a hundred years.

a few hundred thousand florin,

you must take advantage of every rebellion in a good trade province, once you get the "will join next year" message dump AT LEAST a full stack of units in the province, that way an ally won't offer to help out and then claim the province because they had the largest army

====

current campaign you could cut ALL my income, and i'd still have enough saved to maintain my army for 30 years, which should give me enough time to upgrade all my farmland and merchants.

I have isolated AI players in a single province with huge armies, and it can take 20 years or more before they start to downsize.

ALSO AI Denmark MUST invade sweden/norway after about 80 years, otherwise the kids personal bodyguards chew up the treasury.

Kraellin
09-21-2002, 01:00
soly,

speaking of deficit spending. i'm quite sure the ai can do this, but the nice thing in mtw is that you can too. someone in the main thread reported going 150,000 florins into debt.

K.

------------------
http://home.domaindlx.com/takiyama/kraellin/icons-1.gif