PDA

View Full Version : The Iliad:Total War~ The Real Troy!

Lews Therin Telamon
09-14-2005, 23:06
The Iliad Total War: The REAL Troy

Hello! I am the designer and skinner of one of the newest mods to hit the street. The Iliad Total War gives you the chance to relive the classic Trojan War as depicted in the Iliad. As of now, this community is somewhat small, but we grow every day. Our mod will be taking a revolutionary approach to the world of modding. With over ten different factions, many new units and an entirely new campaign map, who wouldn’t be excited?

The first major idea we decided upon was hero units. Heroes will be much like a general unit except for the fact that only one may be recruited at a time (in campaign mode you will get them like normal but they will have a different use). These heroes, especially legends like Achilles may have very small unit sizes. However, don’t let that deter you as these units are extremely tough and may even be unbreakable!

In Custom Battles or Multiplayer, only main heroes will be available such as Agamemnon etc. The next problem that confronted our team was this: how can we take all of the Greeks and make them into an army that was powerful yet balanced at the same time? The answer turned out to be splitting them up. Now you can pit Ithaca against Sparta or Pylos. See the mighty Agamemnon declare war on his brother Menelaus.

Though they are all Greeks, all of the factions will be distinctly unique and powerful in their own right. There will be many new units, in fact, most factions will have to be made from scratch anyway. This mod will have historically correct skins and cities. It’s something you DON’T want to miss.

Just a sneak peak at some of the factions:

Troy/People of Ilium/Trojans
Mycenae
Sparta
Nestor, Ajax and Pylos
Achilles and his Mymidons
Ithaca and Odysseus
Northern Barbarians (tribes)
Thrace
Amazonian Warriors
Men of Argos and Diomedes
Hittites
Minoans

Many more to come

So bookmark this page right away for breathtaking screenshots, thrilling new music and a war that will make you feel like you were there witnessing it. This is The Iliad: Total War, The Real Trojan War.

Timeline: begins in the 1000BCs and continues until you have conquered all of the civilized world!

Conflicts: The Trojan War

Summary: As indicated by the title, the mod takes place in the time of the Trojan war and continues until all of Greece and the surrounding lands are under you control! The campaign map will be an enlarged map of Greece plus Thrace, the Amazons, Troy and an area which is home to the Northern Barbarian Tribes.

King of Atlantis
09-14-2005, 23:11
Sounds cool, but how is this different than the current troy total war?

Lews Therin Telamon
09-14-2005, 23:15
I have taken a look at Troy:Total War and must say that i'm not all that impressed, no offense. It seems to me like its too based on the movies to truly capture that epic feeling. Also, the skins and models (especially for the shields) aren't what they could be. This mod will also be taking a new approach to both the campagin map, heroes and factions.

The link to our temporary site till we get a better one
http://s13.invisionfree.com/The_Iliad_Total_War/

Helgi
09-15-2005, 00:52
Sounds cool, but how is this different than the current troy total war?
The Factions list for the most part is missing the Hittites and the Minoans
are not listed and the units are going to be different I think.

King of Atlantis
09-15-2005, 00:57
Okay sounds cool.

Lews Therin Telamon
09-15-2005, 01:07
whoops thats what i forgot to write, the hittis and the minoans will DEFINITELY be in there.

King of Atlantis
09-15-2005, 01:23
Ah, cool, maybe as an expansion you guys could make the oddysey ~D

dark_shadow89
09-15-2005, 02:42
OK, I take no offence to your post in Troy Total War, but I'd just liek to clarify things. The units we've released images of have all been scrapped (quite a while ago too), we've made custom models for the units (as fighting syle differed from that in RTW, so models needed to be changed), and Zenith_Darksea, our experienced historian is checking over any unit. We have finished about 5 factions' worth of units with new models.

Just wanted to clarify on our units are their accuracy.

cheers

Aurelius Ambosius Ventidius
09-15-2005, 16:25
Hello all.

I am the Historical of Iliad- Total War. We are trying to make the battles and units as historical correct as possible. Take a look at our forum and then the Unit list so you can see how far we are now. Also we will soon launch our site where all the info will be putted on.

Lord Adherbal
09-15-2005, 16:39
I never understood why people launched mods on a theme that is already covered by another mod, but good luck none the less.

09-15-2005, 18:46
We are making a very different mod then the other one. More Homeric based and with many other things.

Lews Therin Telamon
09-15-2005, 20:36
Exactly. And darkshadow, i have nothing against your mod, it just isnt quite right to me. And we just might make an oddesy expansion lol! Troy total war, to me, doesnt look to be the greatest. but i support it fully and hope hat both of our mods can peacefully co-exist. Our mod is purely historical and epic. And our team members are EXTREMELY skilled in what we do.

King of Atlantis
09-15-2005, 20:47
Can we hope for pics any time soon?

Lews Therin Telamon
09-15-2005, 20:52
Hehe, well i have done some extreemly basic skins but if i post them you will laugh as im just doing colour experimentation at this point. Also, we are in dire dire need of modellers, and would be pleased if anyone should rise to the call.

dark_shadow89
09-15-2005, 21:47
Same to you, Lewis, good luck with it ~:)

Lews Therin Telamon
09-15-2005, 21:54
Thanks indeed shadow, alas, if only we had started earlier, than our mods coul've become one!

09-16-2005, 15:45
This is the currently website we have, you can find all you search there or on the forum. SITE (http://www.freewebs.com/aureliusnv/index.htm)

Alexanderofmacedon
09-16-2005, 22:05
Cool mod. It's free then I'll get it ~;)

Lews Therin Telamon
09-16-2005, 22:22
Yep its free, any cahce youy could give the team a hand?

Alexanderofmacedon
09-16-2005, 22:40
What do you need?

Lews Therin Telamon
09-16-2005, 23:16
right now modellers are the biggest requirement. But if you have expereience animating, making videos or anything mod related we could probably find a spot for you.

Alexanderofmacedon
09-16-2005, 23:19
I don't have any experience of skills yet. I'm going to start my own mod, but I haven't even started yet.

Sorry. I could maybe get some info? Other than that I don't know what I'd do. I could be the "Tag Along" ~;)

Lews Therin Telamon
09-16-2005, 23:29
well the first step would be to register on our site: http://s13.invisionfree.com/The_Iliad_Total_War/

wlesmana
09-17-2005, 04:42
It's generally a good idea to refrain the claims of having superior models than other mods until you actually secured a good modeler.

Lews Therin Telamon
09-17-2005, 13:03
... im not saying ours will be better...im just aying we personally didnt like theirs...

Alexanderofmacedon
09-17-2005, 22:19
Good luck!

Lews Therin Telamon
09-17-2005, 23:23
thx man, why dont you join our site.

Lews Therin Telamon
09-18-2005, 02:06
and we jkust got a very superior modeller who takes modelling and other mod helpers in college. he gets awesome marks too.1