PDA

View Full Version : The Karolinger

Warriorofmight
09-21-2002, 19:48
I want to make a mod about the Karolinger Empire. It takes place in the years from 800 till the end of the normal medieval.

i've got one question, how can i change the names of the civs??

Proconsul
09-21-2002, 20:55
Look in the loc/english Folder. All Names of Units, Civs, Leaders and so on and all in-game messages schould be located there.

------------------
Confuzius says: "Do not worry that people don't know you: worry that you don't know them!"

spmetla
09-22-2002, 00:39
That is THE Holy Roman Empire. If you look at the Royal uncles of the Holy ROman Empire guys you'll notice they are all Karolingers, for a while anyhow.

------------------
"samishika wa nai shitte irukara saigo wa itsumo hitori to"

"I'm not lonely Because I know I'll be Alone at the end"

email me at: Luftwaffle@mad.scientist.com

Warriorofmight
09-22-2002, 01:24
this my friend isn't right.
the karolinger empire was the prototyp of the holy roman empire of german nations, but it was a bit bigger (france was under their controll, too)

spmetla
09-22-2002, 09:15
ok, sorry then. Thought it was. Are you think the one started by Charlemagne because that was the early HRE.

------------------
"samishika wa nai shitte irukara saigo wa itsumo hitori to"

"I'm not lonely Because I know I'll be Alone at the end"

email me at: Luftwaffle@mad.scientist.com

Warriorofmight
09-22-2002, 14:39
i think the campaign will start after the death of karl the great, who build up the empire. After his dead wikings and hungarian invaded the empire and the german tribes fought to be free again. but i need a bit help. if anybody cought explain me how to edit the crusader.txt, because at the beginning you only should be aloud to build feudal units and later i think 20 years befor the 1st crusade , you are allowod to build a crusade.

Warriorofmight
09-22-2002, 20:53
one problem civaleric knights shouldn't be avalible from the beginning( i used the plunder mod with a bit chanches). can anyone what i have to do?? the should first be avalible in the high period

DarthPharazon
09-23-2002, 09:14
Are you think the one started by Charlemagne because that was the early HRE

Technically, Chuckie the Great (Karl die Groesse, Charlemagne) didn't found/start the HRE. Otto the Great (Otto I) has that honor.

Botis
09-23-2002, 11:53
>Technically, Chuckie the Great (Karl die >Groesse, Charlemagne) didn't found/start >the HRE. Otto the Great (Otto I) has that >honor.

Charles the Great was crowned Emperor of the Romans on December 25th 800 AD by LeoIII (who he had just reinstated as Pope by force of arms). By Romans they refer to all Christians under the Papal See. Therefore Holy ...Roman Empire. Back then they saw it as a revival of the (Christian) Western Roman Empire.

From the outset there were questions about who gave who power - Papacy vests to Empire, or vice versa.

This 1st HRE broke up in the century that followed partly as a result of the Frankish custom of divison of inheritance between all living sons - and resulting fratricidal wars. By this stage the West Franks (French) and East Franks (German) were linguistically (and culturally) distinct... so it may only have been time before it fell apart anyway.

The German HRE was supposedly a continuation of Charlie's, but there was a long period of inter-regnum & it was smaller German/Italian in geographic extent.

In ideal though, it was a continuation of Charlemagne's empire. It was established under similar circumstances - maleable Pope etc... also it set the scene for conflict between HRE & Papacy & Northern Italy through 1100's and 1200's.