PDA

View Full Version : About using the minor faction and crash to desktop problem

karlai
09-23-2002, 22:01
I've followed the instruction to play the minor factions. It works ok but sometimes it crashes to the desktop without warning. Some said there are some bugs or I've clicked on some missing pictures and therefore it crashed. Is it true? if it is, what should I do to avoid the crash? Thanks

giskard
09-23-2002, 22:37
Minor Factions require more than just an FN setting to be changed inorder to work. It is true that some random images simply dont appear some of the time but so far these have not caused the game to crash. The game seems to handle those types of errors internaly.

The original game also has these pic errors as my error log will a test too and they works fine too.

It more than likely that the errors causing the crash are because of a misconfiguration for the minor faction or the use of a faction thats not completely ready for the player to use. I had problems with the swiss and the bungerians (sorry about the spelling), they seemed to crash out my mod when they where enabled. Disabling them fixed the problem. Other minor factions worked fine though.

There is a guide available at this link that explains everything we figured out in this forum. It needs an update though as Gil just posted what the kings numbers mean.
http://www.respawn.co.uk/modules.php?name=Sections&sop=viewarticle&artid=39

Giskard

karlai
09-23-2002, 23:49
Thanks for the reply but it seems like there is no solution yet, we still need to test it ourselves. I think that it should be a work of official. In the manual, they said that all faction are able to achieve the glourious achievement. I know it is quite unlikely that switzerland can win the campaign,but as a simulation purpose, it is still enjoyable to play with this country.

Wellington
09-24-2002, 00:50
Hi karlai,

Three questions -

1) Which script (EARLY/HIGH/LATE)have you modded ?

2) How many factions are now defined in total (either major or minor) ?

3) Does it tend to crash around the time that the Mongal Hordes appear (can't remember the exact date) ?

karlai
09-24-2002, 03:12
Hi there.
1)I have modified all three age
2)those faction which have region at the beginning of each age is moded to major, ie. mongol is not modified until late age
3) I am not quite sure the cause of crash, I didn't play that long since I'm still testing.