PDA

View Full Version : Horse handgunners

Kapybara
09-21-2002, 03:00
Could someone make a handgunner who rides on a horse? If it is bossible it would be great if they could fire their weapon without stopping so that they could fire one shot each just before melee.

barocca
09-21-2002, 11:36
creating such an animation is possible,

using it in game without sacrificing another unit is not,
yet,
hopefully that patch will allow us to add new bif's.

getting the unit to fire while moving is not possible,

all units must stop moving to fire,
no way known to change that,

otherwise the mongol cav would be firing while charging..

dclare4
09-23-2002, 14:24
So how do we do new bifs? New units? I'm thinking of doing an ECW add on.
Want to add -

Tercio Pikemen
Tercio Shotte
Dragoons - mountable/dismountable musketeers
Caracole Cavalry - mounted pistol packing cavalry much like the Turcoman Horse but with firearms
Swedish Cavalry - charging cavalry with irresistable charge.

Is it possible you think to make primitive bayonets? Like Arquebusiers with the defensive capabilities of spearmen?

Gilbert de Clare

barocca
09-23-2002, 19:15
these is a bif editing tute - kinda - in the shogun/documents file section at the Org,

it would take me several hours to explain the process exactly, please read that document first,

you can create brand new animations from scratch, but that is one heck of a lot of work,
it is best to pick a bif that is close to your desired target and edit that,
also if you edit marching for marching, fighting for fighting etc etc you won't have to play with the actionspage files

http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

dclare4
09-25-2002, 10:40
Okay... I think I found it earlier. I'm thinking of just using the basic Arquebusier/Pikemen units for the Tercio foot but I'm hoping to also find a way to do mounted pistol packers - the closest approximations I can get for 30YrsWar/ECW units are:

AlanMercCav - Swedish Chargers
TurcomanHorse - Caracole Horse
MtdCrossbows - Dragoon Horse

Thanks,
Gilbert de Clare